Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Khaled Holmes leg injury.

Dustin

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else see Khaled's ice challenge video? No wrap on the ankle and he ran off without limp or issue.

I was away for about 10 days, so I'm asking.....

Any chance the ice bucket challenge was done before the Jets game when he got hurt?

Anyone know?      Again,  just asking.....

Any chance the ice bucket challenge was done before the Jets game when he got hurt?

Anyone know? Again, just asking.....

No that was done either yesterday or today, because troy Polamalu challenged Khaled to do it yesterday after he did it.

@tpolamalu: My ICE BUCKET Challenge video http://t.co/awz2TaMIDM You're next @KhaledHolmes @Trojan81 @Realrclark25

Thanks.  Maybe the ice water froze the ankle, haha, but it doesn't appear to hamper him in the vid.  Hopefully he's

ready for Denver 'cause we're going to need him.

Having suffered ankle sprains in the past, I can tell you that he may still well be feeling it even if it looks basically okay there. However it is a very good sign that he'll be ready to go for the season opener. If he's able to do that this soon after the injury, I'd be quite surprised if he couldn't play with the amount of time he has left to heal.

Having suffered ankle sprains in the past, I can tell you that he may still well be feeling it even if it looks basically okay there. However it is a very good sign that he'll be ready to go for the season opener. If he's able to do that this soon after the injury, I'd be quite surprised if he couldn't play with the amount of time he has left to heal.

Wow sprained ankles, in the past, thanks for your testimony. I once had chicken pox.

Anyone know?      Again,  just asking.....

You probably prefer something to read. This is really good news for the O Line he might be ready for shells pretty quiick. I would not expect him in the preseason again.

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2014/08/14/indianapolis-colts-khaled-holmes-looking-spry-in-ice-bucket-challenge-video/

You probably prefer something to read. This is really good news for the O Line he might be ready for shells pretty quiick. I would not expect him in the preseason again.

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2014/08/14/indianapolis-colts-khaled-holmes-looking-spry-in-ice-bucket-challenge-video/

If we're diagnosing from a 10 second video, I'll say that I think he looks fine. He could probably participate in any non-contact drills, walkthroughs, etc., and it seems like he'd be ready to play in a couple weeks. But, like you said, they'll probably hold him out of the rest of the preseason, to give him the extra time to let the ankle heal up, and out of an abundance of caution.

I wouldn't be surprised in the next couple of preseason games to see them try the OL of Castonzo-Louis-Mewhort-Thornton-Cherilus

Change this to Castanzo, Reitz, Mewhort, Thornton, Cherilus and we would be purdy awesome. 

I think Harrison will spell Holmes though, and for some reason Reitz won't play with the 1's. 

Change this to Castanzo, Reitz, Mewhort, Thornton, Cherilus and we would be purdy awesome. 

I think Harrison will spell Holmes though, and for some reason Reitz won't play with the 1's. 

Current Depth Chart says:

LT-Castonzo

LG-Mewhort

C-Harrison

RG-Thornton

RT-Cherilus

Which is fine by me, Had Holmes injury happened at the last preseason game instead of 7 plays into the 1st game(also he should be back by regular season which helps to not be worried) then I'd be more concerned but as it is this line up has basically 4 games to gel some minus 7 snaps. Im expecting a more consistent performance from a jelling standpoint and more consistent technique. No botched hand offs or shotgun snaps, Problem is Harrison just is not very consistent when he has a DT/NT covering him and struggles to cut block and at the 2nd level in my opinion and that goes back to his college days

I am with you I wish someone could explain the Reitz not starting.

I would rather see Holmes in there at C he looked good what little he played. He has been building a year for this there is no one more prepared to play C for us. If he goes down again than we know this wasn't just a fluke injury.

It is entirely possible that the staff held him out the year after playing through it at USC his SR year and getting the cart in camp last year. Red shirt him coach him up and turn him loose.  You start digging on him there are a lot of positive things out there not a lot of negative.

Blessing in disguise! Holmes looked good & yes could have used 3 more qtrs plus practice to get better but this gives Harrison valuable time to become reliable backup. When he pounded the ground I thought season ending thank GOD only missing rest of pre-season. Who cares about pre-season folks as this will work in our favor!

Blessing in disguise! Holmes looked good & yes could have used 3 more qtrs plus practice to get better but this gives Harrison valuable time to become reliable backup. When he pounded the ground I thought season ending thank GOD only missing rest of pre-season. Who cares about pre-season folks as this will work in our favor!

I agree adding depth and experience to the o-line will only make the team better.