Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Training Camp Thread 8/4

PrincetonTiger

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Griff has hands, and would be good if for only special teams.

I think the coaches know what they have in Griff.  They know his value and his limitations.  He's sure handed, and has the ability to get open.  Not great speed or elusiveness.

At this point, they're looking at the other young guys to see if they have something better.

So is Arthur Jones really just bad or is Mewhort & Holmes just that good?

Both have solidly blocked him

Have they pushed him around in the run game?  My understanding was Art Jones is a run stuffer. 

He's made some plays in practice though, I know he's tipped at least one ball. 

Ahhhh, the Pokemon kids are now old enough to contribute on the forum.  I'll look forward to an entire line of joking that I don't understand...

Never played in my life, but there are plenty of memes out there. Are you not aware of them? I'm also thousands of years old.

So is Arthur Jones really just bad or is Mewhort & Holmes just that good?

Both have solidly blocked him

Arthur Jones is a proven beast...I think this is showing how much of an upgrade Holmes and Mewhort are already over who was there last year.....hope this keeps up

plus it said they were holding their own against Jones, not dominating him.

Is it a Pirate theme today?

Arrrrrrrrr. 

First pirate - Sayyyyyyyy how did ya get that there peg leg?

Second pirate -  Arrrrrrrrrr, twas in a sword fight, bastage cut me low.

First pirate - Arrrrrrrrrrr

Second pirate - I see you've got a fine hook on yer hand, how might ya have gotten that fine appendage. 

First pirate - Yarr, twas the same.....in a sword fight, I parried too soon. 

Second pirate - I also see you've got a handsome eye patch.....was that in the same fight?

First pirate - Narr, nuthin quite so brave. Not but a seagull, crapped right in me eye.

Second pirate - And it took our yer eye?

First pirate - Twas the first day I had me hook!

2 different worlds Pal.

The line didn`t need more work last season. It needed better talent. He was committed to his veterans and he didn`t care what you all thought about it.

Glad you consider us pals! But I'll politely decline your pal request! ;)

Never played in my life, but there are plenty of memes out there. Are you not aware of them? I'm also thousands of years old.

Nope, not up on my memes either.  I understand there's this new thing called Gangnam Style...

Arthur Jones is a proven beast...I think this is showing how much of an upgrade Holmes and Mewhort are already over who was there last year.....hope this keeps up

plus it said they were holding their own against Jones, not dominating him.

Holding their own = giving Andrew Luck time or blocking good in the run game.

A rookie and a basically rookie shouldn't be doing that to a veteran but I'll take it of it translates to the field and we get that interior line going

I really love Richardsons interview today! He seems so up-beat compared to what he did and he actually sounds like he is getting comfortable, not just with the system but the guys around him which is very important! I believe a player can never reach their full potential if they are uncomfortable.

To me it seems like a spark lot in him halfway through camp! The first day he didn't do to much and his first and second day back from healing he didn't do much, but the past couple days I have heard good things such as him finding holes in the line and making long runs...

Still optimistic but he sounds comfortable.

Holding their own = giving Andrew Luck time or blocking good in the run game.

A rookie and a basically rookie shouldn't be doing that to a veteran but I'll take it of it translates to the field and we get that interior line going

Good players make good plays, rookie or otherwise.