Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eagles's Cary Williams: Patriots are 'cheaters'

Shane Bond

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I think everyone on this board knows I do not like the Patriots, but seriously?

This clown has been in the league since 2008 and he only has a grand total of 7 interceptions in his entire career.

And his most famous incident involves this from the Super Bowl

d0203b1.jpg

I hate the Pats too, and yeah Spy Gate really happened, but at the same time, he has no room to talk. Not to mention how the refs were hand in hand with the Ravens in that Super Bowl, cause I'm pretty sure he didn't get ejected for putting his hands on the ref in that picture.

Not to mention how the refs were hand in hand with the Ravens in that Super Bowl, cause I'm pretty sure he didn't get ejected for putting his hands on the ref in that picture.

The refs were on the Ravens payroll, huh?!? I figured Beyonce butt has more to do with the outcome of the game by knocking the lights on.

I'm still waiting for anyone to explain how the Patriots used footage recorded during games to help them IN those games.

We know that didn't happen, but wishful thinking by whiners and crybabies continues.

Polian and Dungy, as well as others like Jimmy Johnson and many other NFL coaches and GMs, have stated that what the Patriots did gave them no advantage.

The level of idiocy when it comes to misunderstanding Soygate is hilarious .

And for the * who like to point to the fine, the fine was for flying in the face of Goodell's memo.

OK, I think everyone on this board knows I do not like the Patriots, but seriously?

This clown has been in the league since 2008 and he only has a grand total of 7 interceptions in his entire career.

d0203b1.jpg

I hate the Pats too, and yeah Spy Gate really happened, but at the same time, he has no room to talk. Not to mention how the refs were hand in hand with the Ravens in that Super Bowl, cause I'm pretty sure he didn't get ejected for putting his hands on the ref in that picture.

C'mon dude, how often does Baltimore get a break in any sport from refs or media ? They would all prefer bigger market teams in the Super Bowl or World Series ,other than the Ravens or Orioles. Yeah, we got a big break when we were killing the 49ers and the lights went out in your bum stadium, changing all the momentum on us.

The Orioles certainly got a break from the cheating kid Jeffrey Maier in the MLB playoffs, when he turned a fly ball out into home run changing the series, and giving the Yankees the win. The fan interference kid was then given a ticker tape parade from the cheating Yankees. Yep, Baltimore gets all the breaks !

The refs were on the Ravens payroll, huh?!? I figured Beyonce butt has more to do with the outcome of the game by knocking the lights on.

wait I always thought the Refs were on the 49ers pay roll because of the lights thing. At least that's what Lewis says.

These refs are pretty smart taking money from both sides and then as you said doing nothing to determine the outcome of the game!

d0203b1.jpg

You're right. But it was the entire playoffs they were hand in hand. Shady stuff

I never understand why someone says a team cheats. No matter what they do. They still have to get on the field and play the game. Some of the best players to ever play the game were the ones where you knew exactly what they were going to do. Sometimes they would tell you what they were going to do. you just couldn't stop them.

Now if shady refs are involved. That's a horse of a different color, but fans can spot that kind of stuff out and refs surely want to leave a stadium on their feet. 50.000 * off fans in a stadium is not a good thing and the refs know it.

I am kind of disappointed. I thought Williams as going to have some new cheating accusations but he just referenced the tired old spygate stuff. Plus, you have to love his first line, "I'm trying not to go into details about it or disrespect that organization, because I give that organization all the credit in the world." So I guess the cheating was really not that bad after all because he gives the Pats org all the credit in the world. lol.

lol. This book has been discredited WIDELY. Here are just a few of its reviews:

1) This book is a testament to people’s willingness to believe anything that reinforces their own preconceived beliefs. This is an inherently dishonest book and author Bryan O’Leary unwaveringly slants the story through equal parts misrepresentation, speculation, fabrication and omission.

Anybody who checks his “sourcing” would soon realize the deceit. O’Leary’s attributions wouldn’t pass even the most lenient of newspaper or publishing house standards, so it’s no wonder the book is self-published.

2) As a die-hard fan of the game, I was intrigued by this book after finding it through google, and wanted some ammo to pester my good friend who is an annoyingly obnoxious Patriots fan.

Boy, was I wrong. This is one of the worst books about the NFL, (and sports in general for that matter) that I have ever read. After doing some digging, a majority of these reviewers have no history. Meaning, an account was solely created to write a review on a book that didn't even manage to get a publisher.

I hate the Pats as much as any fan, but this book is just embarrassingly terrible. Worse than last 10 years of my Detroit Lions.

3) I've read quite a few insane books in my day, but this one takes the cake.

The author has zero credibility, and after doing some digging, I couldn't find anyone of merit that even mentioned this book. It feels like a super long Facebook pst you know, the kind that clogs your Facebook feed where you just want to block the person.

Also, look at the fake positive reviews. They are hilarious. A ton of them mention the Pittsburgh Steelers as being "the best franchise in spots". hahah. Because that is relevant when discussing a book about New England. People don't like New England that same reason they don't like Alabama. You get tired of the same team winning.

The book only lacks evidence and credibility. Its reads like my crazy uncle talking about how he refuses to use any kind of cell phone because the CIA is tapping into his conversations.

The book summed up in 1 sentence: A team can't be this good for such along period of time, and although I don't have any evidence/sources/witnesses/testimonies or anything at all for any of my claims, here are a bunch of crazy theories about how they win.

I am kind of disappointed. I thought Williams as going to have some new cheating accusations but he just referenced the tired old spygate stuff. Plus, you have to love his first line, "I'm trying not to go into details about it or disrespect that organization, because I give that organization all the credit in the world." So I guess the cheating was really not that bad after all because he gives the Pats org all the credit in the world. lol.

Well the saying goes: "once a cheater....." Well you know the rest

d0203b1.jpg

Not to mention deer antler juice Ray.

By the way, I like the Red Sox trades. I'm glad we got Miller, but you got a good young pitcher in Rodriquez.

Yeah, mgmt. had to do something drastic I suppose. I figure our GM has three years of grace to get this team jump started given he won the world series last year. I still don't know how they did that last year. Simply amazing. The season they are having this year is what everyone expected last year. :)

Yeah, mgmt. had to do something drastic I suppose. I figure our GM has three years of grace to get this team jump started given he won the world series last year. I still don't know how they did that last year. Simply amazing. The season they are having this year is what everyone expected last year. :)

They did the right thing like the Ravens a year ago. Better to look at the long term than trying to repeat , when you know you don't have the talent or chemistry. Every year is different.

They did the right thing like the Ravens a year ago. Better to look at the long term than trying to repeat , when you know you don't have the talent or chemistry. Every year is different.

Yeah our GM has a plan for how he wants to rebuild the team and so we have to give it time and see if it proves out. Baseball IMO is so much harder than football to have a quick turn around because there is no cap and so much rests on the quality of the pitching staff. In football you just have to find one really good QB and you can contend. In baseball you need four quality pitches and a bullpen. But still after last year and that amazing championship run, no one is really that upset. Sports are always cyclical.

Yeah our GM has a plan for how he wants to rebuild the team and so we have to give it time and see if it proves out. Baseball IMO is so much harder than football to have a quick turn around because there is no cap and so much rests on the quality of the pitching staff. In football you just have to find one really good QB and you can contend. In baseball you need four quality pitches and a bullpen. But still after last year and that amazing championship run, no one is really that upset. Sports are always cyclical.

Unlike the Orioles owner, the Red Sox management will spend the money to get more immediate results , if need be. They know they have to keep that revenue churning in from NESN from good ratings I like you guys getting Cspedis . I would sign him long term , you can always buy some decent pitching.

I always find it funny when people say the Pats haven't won since they got caught cheating.  For one thing, they've made it to the Super Bowls since then.  For another, to say they haven't won since they got caught is ignoring how difficult it is to win the Super Bowl.  Cary Williams is a fool.  Let it go and just play football

Yeah, if Chip Kelly and his Eagles with Cary Williams are sitting at home watching the Patriots play in the SB, I wonder what would be going through his mind "Oh God, let them not win this..." and he might even manage to find a rosary on time :).

Chip and Belichick are good pals, just like Sean Payton and Belichick are. So, if their teams are practicing together, people don't need to look much farther than that. Just the excitement and competition of going against a different set of guys on O and D, albeit as vanilla as it might be, is what they strive for.

Howard Musd stole signs for years, but you'll never hear Cokt fans complain about that. Hypocrisy at its finest .

If a team is NOT trying to steal signals that are in full view of everyone than they are not doing their jobs. And if a team does not change up their signals OFTEN they deserve to lose. This is elementary in any sport where signals are a part of the game.

If a team is NOT trying to steal signals that are in full view of everyone than they are not doing their jobs. And if a team does not change up their signals OFTEN they deserve to lose. This is elementary in any sport where signals are a part of the game.

NFL teams try to learn other teams signals using legal video footage.      YES

NFL teams steal signals from illegally taped footage.      JUST THE PATRIOTS

NFL teams change their signals often.  YES, BUT ONLY THE ONES THAT TEAMS COULD LEARN LEGALLY.

How are people still  trying to claim the Pats didn't cheat???  It is not in question.  They DID cheat.  There are rules that other teams followed that the Patriots did not.  The Pats gained advantage from this.  Therefore, they cheated.  This is all FACT.

My opinion is that the Patriots should have been stripped of any titles, banners, trophies, and records from that period of time.  Or put an * next to it like Barry Bonds home run record.  

NFL teams change their signals often.  YES, BUT ONLY THE ONES THAT TEAMS COULD LEARN LEGALLY.

The issue with the Pats was the location of the video equipment on the sideline not the taping of the signals. The rule stated the signals could be taped as long as the footage was not used in game which it wasn't. The memo that was sent in 2006 to ALL 32 teams because the league believed it to be a league-wide problem was that the video equipment could not long be on the sidelines. Bill admitted that he thought he could still tape as long as the footage was not being used in game. He was wrong and therefore penalized. There was no cheating. It was a rule violation and one that many teams prior to the Pats, i.e. the cowboys under Johnson, had done previously.

The memo from the commish in 2006 went to all 32 teams because the league believed it was a league-wide problem. Like I said, stealing signals is as old as the day is long.