Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

the most memorable play in recent years

jimhegley

Don`t remember the Saturday play.

TY?

My #1 is Mathis strip sacking the GOAT! And Andrew running that fumble is 1A.  AWESOME stuff!

You don't remember the Saturday play?  The pancake of Wilfork that all but sent the Colts to the SB, the capper on the comeback that saw the Colts coming back from a 21-3 2nd quarter deficit, where the announcers were already talking about how the Colts just can't overcome the Pats?

I've said before I didn't think you really watched any Colts games and this post is more evidence to support that theory.

Outside of that play the catch by TY in the Chiefs playoff games is one that makes Superstars.  Game on the line, clock while not critical is becoming a factor, a great route, throw, catch and run to give the Colts their first lead of the game.  That was unbelievable.

I have 5

1.Aaron Baileys dropped pass in the 1995 AFC Championship game

2.Kelvin Hayden pick 6 vs the Bears in 2006 SB

3.Nick Harper recovering a Jerome Bettis fumble (created but Gary Bracketts helmet) but taking the wrong route and Ben Roethlisberger lunging out to full extension and bringing him down

4.Peyton Mannings pick 6 vs the Saints to put the game away

5.To many Marvin Harrison catches to put on here

I don't think something that happened over seven years ago counts as "recent" in the NFL. So I think the AFCCG is out. To me it's "Super Luck" with the fumble and TD dive in the playoffs but Ballard flying into the endzone vs the titans for a walk off TD is up there as is Reggie just poking the ball across to beat the Packers and Avery's walk off TD to beat the Lions.

For me it's luck's fumble recovery for a touchdown..

Talk about big scene, turn of the tide, come from behind, one moment of disbelief and euforia the next moment, epic superman-like pose, that play has it all!

Ok, time to re-watch that game :) again...

Luck era plays, yes, this is def my pick for most memorable plays!!!

I don't think something that happened over seven years ago counts as "recent" in the NFL. So I think the AFCCG is out. To me it's "Super Luck" with the fumble and TD dive in the playoffs but Ballard flying into the endzone vs the titans for a walk off TD is up there as is Reggie just poking the ball across to beat the Packers and Avery's walk off TD to beat the Lions.

I guess that depends on the person. As a Colts fan of 30 years, 7 years ago is recent. 

All of your choices are great plays too. 

I know it's not considered in "recent" years, but the Steve Emtman pick six of Dan Marino was one of the greatest Colts plays ever

and underrated being Hunter Smith chasing down Deion Sanders

Awesome Memories! "If I see the punters eyes."

Alan Grant returning an interception for a TD to beat Washington was pretty sweet too. 

Seeing the ball fly out of Donald Brown's hands then hit Satele in the head, and ultimately end up in Luck's hands is pretty hard to beat. If memory serves me Satele got a hit on someone as Luck was diving too. If any play is close it is Vick Ballard's corkscrew touchdown to beat the Titans in overtime. 

APTOPIX_Colts_Titans__Reyn_t607.jpg