Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots may have a copy of the Jets playbook.

Dustin

You have no need to hate the Jets AMF because you usually clean their clock in NE very easily. Now the Dolphins on the other hand always gives Foxboro fits for some reason & I can never figure out why. A real enigma there. I can't explain it. 

Doesn't really matter- its the Jets- actually if we beat them 20 times in a row its even more hate :)

As to the Dolphins. Hard to explain if one even can. So many Miami QBs and still the same results. Even Wes Welker beat us until we stole him :)

I would guess Miami just turns its game up on us.

Then there's the 18 straight loss at the Orange bowl until "Squish the Fish" year 85' when they took the AFCCG.

Then the Orange bowl closed next year- Thank gawd for that...place was jinxed 10 times over   :)

Yeah, sure troll.

Two SB appearances since then, as well as the best record in the NFL since then.

But troll on.

LOL who is the real troll here all these years?

But, what he is saying is what a lot of people outside the east coast Patriots loving states actually FEEL. It's how many of us all feel at times outside of NE but not all admit it out loud. I know, I lived in Massachusetts actually for close to 10 years straight for education purposes so I know how people think out there compared to the rest of the country too.

But, what he is saying is what a lot of people outside the east coast Patriots loving states actually FEEL. It's how many of us all feel at times outside of NE but not all admit it out loud. I know, I lived in Massachusetts actually for close to 10 years straight for education purposes so I know how people think out there compared to the rest of the country too.

How... "logical."

The Patriots have the highest winning percentage since 2004, so clearly Spygate was the reason they won .

Despite what every NFL insider says. HOF coaches, players, etc.

The continued ridiculousness is highly amusing.

How... "logical."

The Patriots have the highest winning percentage since 2004, so clearly Spygate was the reason they won .

Despite what every NFL insider says. HOF coaches, players, etc.

The continued ridiculousness is highly amusing.

Highly amusing to you but it's the truth for many. I am only trying to help here.

Besides, highest winning percentage is great.......I know the Colts have won a lot of games too, it feels good. But, like Pats fans have been telling me since after the Super Bowl win vs. the Rams....."it's all about the ringz baby." You know Tom Brady.....Joe Montana. Those comparisons were always hawt from what they told me.

So IMO and being honest I still think the Pats need to cash in with another ring before Brady retires if they ever truly want to ease up the spygate rumors which can still be rampant outside of NE with sports fans. And there is hope, the AFC is pretty lackluster and the Giants don't look to be a true contender right now and Welkah can't drop any more big game passes.

And don't feel bad about the cheating stuff. Saints fans have to put up with bounty crap all the time from fans and the Colts owner is supposedly a drug addicted reckless driving twittering fool. We all have our skeletons in the closet at times.

But, what he is saying is what a lot of people outside the east coast Patriots loving states actually FEEL. It's how many of us all feel at times outside of NE but not all admit it out loud. I know, I lived in Massachusetts actually for close to 10 years straight for education purposes so I know how people think out there compared to the rest of the country too.

Most of it at this point is jealously and envy as all that is left to really hang your hat on is that they have not won more SBs since 2005. But appearing in two and losing both by the closest of margins and having the best record in the NFL for 13 plus years pretty much makes spygate the biggest non-issue of the last 30 years but yeah the haters will always hate with absolutely no concrete data to back it up.

Highly amusing to you but it's the truth for many. I am only trying to help here.

Besides, highest winning percentage is great.......I know the Colts have won a lot of games too, it feels good. But, like Pats fans have been telling me since after the Super Bowl win vs. the Rams....."it's all about the ringz baby." You know Tom Brady.....Joe Montana. Those comparisons were always hawt from what they told me.

So IMO and being honest I still think the Pats need to cash in with another ring before Brady retires if they ever truly want to ease up the spygate rumors which can still be rampant outside of NE with sports fans. And there is hope, the AFC is pretty lackluster and the Giants don't look to be a true contender right now and Welkah can't drop any more big game passes.

And don't feel bad about the cheating stuff. Saints fans have to put up with bounty crap all the time from fans and the Colts owner is supposedly a drug addicted reckless driving twittering fool. We all have our skeletons in the closet at times.

To the bolded, if appearing in two more SBs and nearly going perfect for a season did not quell the spygate chatter than another ring will not either. Most will just say they would need to win 2 or 3 because they won several pre-spygate. Like I said in my previous post, it really is all the haters have to say. I mean you do realize it is actually easier to win one SB than it is to have the ridiculously high winning percentage the Pats have posted the last 13 years in an era where the cap and FA are designed to make every team go 8-8. And of course it is not just the regular season either like your Colts, it is the post-season as well with an unprecedented 8 AFCCGs appearances and 5 SB appearances which again are harder to achieved than just one SB win.

Bill and Brady really have nothing left to prove. Sure another ring or two will be nice but I think this Pats dynasty will be remembered more 20 years from now for its historic winning over 13+ seasons than the rings as plenty of teams have had great SB runs - Steelers, Boys, Niners but none of them which were all the pre cap/FA has the sustained excellence of NE and that is what truly separates the Pats from every other team in the history of the NFL. And most of that winning came after spygate.

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- An irritated Rex Ryan said Thursday that every game between the New York Jets and New England Patriots has been won or lost fairly, and he refuted the idea that Alabama coach Nick Saban gave a Jets defensive playbook to Patriots coach Bill Belichick.

"I get it, because I gave a defensive playbook to Nick Saban when he came here and spent four or five days with us," Ryan said. "One thing I know for a fact: No. 1, I think it's disrespectful to New England to say, 'Oh, they did this.' I can tell you every single game we've ever had with New England has been decided on the field."

Ryan was responding to an MMQB.com interview with Cleveland Browns coach Mike Pettine, Ryan's defensive coordinator from 2009 to '12; Pettine said the Patriots might have a playbook through Saban.

Boston/NY hate runs deep SW1. :)   I used to think I hated the Yankees more but now that the Sox have more championships than them this millennium, I actually pity them. The Jets on the other hand have always been somewhat underhanded throughout their history with the Pats. Once Parcells left and went there and began poaching Pats players, it was on and then of course when Belichick resigned after one day as HC to come to NE it was really on but spygate took everything to a new level.

I will admit though that I do like Rex Ryan. He is a great personality for the game and he makes Jets week every year the best two weeks of the season. He is the perfect complement to the stoic Bill.

Yeah, I do appreciate Rex's keen defensive mind & I like his playfulness with the NY media AMF. BB always views reporters as the enemy going back to Cleveland days or rather BB only respects reporters that ask solid football questions. The Grey Hoodie hates off the field celebrity centered garbage. Just focus instead on breaking down film & player improvements or advancements from 1 season to the next. 

I really respect Bill now because I grasp the 3 things that molded him: His father, the collapse at the Browns [not his fault], & Annapolis...

I dislike the Patriots, but anybody who feels that way is delusional. They haven't won another SB because great players are difficult to replace......that and David Tyree.

Most of it at this point is jealously and envy as all that is left to really hang your hat on is that they have not won more SBs since 2005. But appearing in two and losing both by the closest of margins and having the best record in the NFL for 13 plus years pretty much makes spygate the biggest non-issue of the last 30 years but yeah the haters will always hate with absolutely no concrete data to back it up.

I thought I had seen everything there is to view on these forums, but seeing a Pats fan brag about going to the Super Bowl and losing it wins the top spot for me. I know you guys are going to always defend Spygate until the end, but this was absolutely hilarious. Calling it a "non issue" is pretty funny considering how lightly the Pats got off on it when compared to the bounty issue with New Orleans and losing our coach for an entire season for something that every other team in existence has been doing for half a century.

New England hasn't won a Super Bowl since W. was president and just cause you reached two of them and lost is nothing to be proud of.

Oh and losing to a 9-7 Giants team was absolutely hilarious. 2011 Giants are the worst record team to ever win a Super Bowl and it was against a 13-3 more 'superior' New England team. But Belichek and Brady are still the Holy Trinity of the NFL with Kraft over them as the classiest and greatest owner ever.

If the Pats lose one more Super Bowl then it makes them even in the big game and then the dynasty will be the funniest thing in the NFL since the Bills lost 4 in a row.

Brady isn't getting another ring, I'm positive when it comes to that. No matter how many times they get cupcake schedules, there's always going to be someone more hungry in the end, and those Giants teams wanted it way more than the Pats in both those games.

I thought I had seen everything there is to view on these forums, but seeing a Pats fan brag about going to the Super Bowl and losing it wins the top spot for me. I know you guys are going to always defend Spygate until the end, but this was absolutely hilarious. Calling it a "non issue" is pretty funny considering how lightly the Pats got off on it when compared to the bounty issue with New Orleans and losing our coach for an entire season for something that every other team in existence has been doing for half a century.

New England hasn't won a Super Bowl since W. was president and just cause you reached two of them and lost is nothing to be proud of.

Oh and losing to a 9-7 Giants team was absolutely hilarious. 2011 Giants are the worst record team to ever win a Super Bowl and it was against a 13-3 more 'superior' New England team. But Belichek and Brady are still the Holy Trinity of the NFL with Kraft over them as the classiest and greatest owner ever.

If the Pats lose one more Super Bowl then it makes them even in the big game and then the dynasty will be the funniest thing in the NFL since the Bills lost 4 in a row.

Brady isn't getting another ring, I'm positive when it comes to that. No matter how many times they get cupcake schedules, there's always going to be someone more hungry in the end, and those Giants teams wanted it way more than the Pats in both those games.

The point was that the Patriots still win and are always in the thick of it, even without Gronkowski and loaded with second and first year wide receivers. The AFC is not that great so don't act surprised if Brady gets another championship.

Laugh all you want, most of us can see more than black and white. Championships are always the goal but only one team can win. That doesn't mean the other 31 teams had a poor season. Many a great team failed to win the super bowl.

The Buffalo Bills had a great team. That's how I remember them. They used to kick our buts. Getting to the super bowl isn't easy. You should know that.

haters will always hate, even if they have to go outside the realm of logic to do so . . . hey I get it, there are people out there that make the arguments you are making, but that does not make them right . . . one still has to try to make a reasonable argument beyond what some fanboy wants to say about the competition and one can not have it both ways . . .

lets take your main principle . . . Super Bowls are the measuring stick . . . well then if that is the case why was there even an issue in the first place with respect the Jets game week 2 in 2007?  It is regular season game not a Super Bowl so why the fuss . . .plus since we can not play the Jets in the Super Bowl as we are in the same conference makes the taping of the game less than meaningless as we are only going to look at Super Bowls results as an indicator of the taping . . .

now most people who look at this will say the jets game was important and that the issued lie in the long standing policy of BB taping all of the games, and hence all the game are affected and that the pats were able to win games, put themselves in better position to make the playoff and then win in the playoffs . . .that is the undercurrent of the movement and not just a handful of games in a decade . ..

However once one wakes up and realizes that is it not about just one game but all of them, one then has to look at all of them and see if there is a different, you can not have it both ways, claim its about all of the games then only look at a few to claim a change . . . one much necessarily look at all of the games to see if there is a perceptible change . . .  

When one actually does that one see that there really is not a great change between before and after game 2 of 2007  . . . in looking at all of the games, regular season and post season, the pats were 88-26 before week 2 against the Jets and 93-30 after that game, so not a difference that is perceptible . ... 7 more wins and 4 more losses, no as great as some want to make it out . . . had the cameras made a difference as some claim, one can not see it in the records . . .

There would be no need to defend spygate IMO if the anti Pats arguments were closed/locked/debunked with solid proof and the case was 100% closed. A lot of this can go with any scandal in sports at times....there will always be critics and not most of them are not even haters or jealous fan boys. Some are just skeptical of a team who won 3 SB's by 3 points each and who has not won another since publicly being busted despite being in the big game twice since then.

Nobody should take it personally either, none of our sports teams are likely perfect.....and a lot of them have dirt you could dig up. There are people who still believe that the Colts tanked in 2011 to get Luck with Peyton hurting....and some are Pats fans.

Some are just skeptical of a team who won 3 SB's by 3 points each and who has not won another since publicly being busted despite being in the big game twice since then.

They also lost two SBs by a combined 7 points. So really a play here or there and they could be 5-0 in SBs or 0-5. Again, proves nothing about spygate. It is hard to make it to SBs and to win them especially in the cap/FA era.

Calling it a "non issue" is pretty funny considering how lightly the Pats got off on it when compared to the bounty issue with New Orleans and losing our coach for an entire season for something that every other team in existence has been doing for half a century.

Are you for real? Signal stealing has been going since signals have been a part of pro sports hence why the memo about the location of video equipment was sent to ALL 32 teams in 2006.

So in LITERALLY the same sentence, you condemn the Patriots, and then give the Saints a pass because, as you see it, "every other team in existence" had a bounty program? 

In all honesty I thought you were more of a "football guy" than that. 

So in other words the Saints were unjustly punished for game planning and betting on how to injure opposing players in a league whose MO since Goodell has taken over has been player safety while the Pats were justly punished for having their video equipment in the wrong location per a memo that was sent to every team in the league. Makes sense.

To the bolded, if appearing in two more SBs and nearly going perfect for a season did not quell the spygate chatter than another ring will not either. Most will just say they would need to win 2 or 3 because they won several pre-spygate. Like I said in my previous post, it really is all the haters have to say. I mean you do realize it is actually easier to win one SB than it is to have the ridiculously high winning percentage the Pats have posted the last 13 years in an era where the cap and FA are designed to make every team go 8-8. And of course it is not just the regular season either like your Colts, it is the post-season as well with an unprecedented 8 AFCCGs appearances and 5 SB appearances which again are harder to achieved than just one SB win.

Bill and Brady really have nothing left to prove. Sure another ring or two will be nice but I think this Pats dynasty will be remembered more 20 years from now for its historic winning over 13+ seasons than the rings as plenty of teams have had great SB runs - Steelers, Boys, Niners but none of them which were all the pre cap/FA has the sustained excellence of NE and that is what truly separates the Pats from every other team in the history of the NFL. And most of that winning came after spygate.

Good points and I think it will be true years from now that the Pats will be remembered for their winning vs rings as no team has won at the clip they have but spygate will always be in the discussion too.