Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Daryl Washington suspended for entire 2014 season

21isSuperman

I hope he gets his life together

My daughter had a friend, addicted to drugs for years.......commit suicide this week.

Drugs get hold of people and take everything they've got

You are 100% correct. Sad part is till the person in question takes it upon themselves to get help no one can help. I have sadly been through this with my daughter. It saddens me deeply but there comes a time when the rest of the family has to move on and accept nothing said or done is going to change her till she want's it.

You are 100% correct. Sad part is till the person in question takes it upon themselves to get help no one can help. I have sadly been through this with my daughter. It saddens me deeply but there comes a time when the rest of the family has to move on and accept nothing said or done is going to change her till she want's it.

I'm sorry.  I have known several young people struggle with this and it is excrutiating.  But yes, they have to want it.

I hate this. I don't like to see a good player miss an entire season over something like this. I think the NFl needs to change the drug policy, I mean a lot of guys in the league probably do stuff, but are just smart enough to get away with it. Who knows how many players are dependent on opiates, but I'm sure they have prescriptions. I look at it differently than most. I think it should be the teams call if a player has a problem with drugs. If it's affecting his game suspend him. If not he's an adult making his own choices. I'm just talking about street drugs, not roids. I just think its messed up a player can be suspended for smoking weed.

I too have had first hand experience with addiction to opiates friends and family members 2 OD's in the last year and some in jail probably the safest place for them. I am not sure what your daughter is/was doing but some doors once opened are really hard to close....life long battle. I wish you the best but people can turn it around I have seen it

You are right there is nothing you can do has to be the person's decision rock bottom is a different spot for everyone

I too have had first hand experience with addiction to opiates friends and family members 2 OD's in the last year and some in jail probably the safest place for them. I am not sure what your daughter is/was doing but some doors once opened are really hard to close....life long battle. I wish you the best but people can turn it around I have seen it

You are right there is nothing you can do has to be the person's decision rock bottom is a different spot for everyone

Your right, You absolutely cannot change a drug addict. They have to get to that point where they hate what they have become, and want to change for the better. Some never reach that point. Opiates, especially really strong ones like Oxycodone, Oxymorphone, and Fentanyl is the most addictive thing a person can be on.

They dropped the ban hammer on him very quick. Yet Josh Gordon has been in limbo for 6 months?

Something isn't right. 

Gordon might have been in compliance with all the other stuff he certainly didn't have the other off the field baggage too. I think his is in appeals right now. There was question to what stage he was in looks like 3. I have him in a dynasty league will be a big blow

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/5/28/5757736/signs-continue-to-point-towards-josh-gordon-missing-entire-2014-nfl

I'm sorry. I have known several young people struggle with this and it is excrutiating. But yes, they have to want it.

That is very true, and the key. All to often people try to force others to change... and wonder why it usually ends in failure. Say no to drugs.

I hate this. I don't like to see a good player miss an entire season over something like this. I think the NFl needs to change the drug policy, I mean a lot of guys in the league probably do stuff, but are just smart enough to get away with it. Who knows how many players are dependent on opiates, but I'm sure they have prescriptions. I look at it differently than most. I think it should be the teams call if a player has a problem with drugs. If it's affecting his game suspend him. If not he's an adult making his own choices. I'm just talking about street drugs, not roids. I just think its messed up a player can be suspended for smoking weed.

While I somewhat agree there is such a thing as self discipline. A person needs to have the will power to not do things in their life that effects them negative. While the debate of weed being legal is an on going thing it is not a done deal. No matter what side of the fence you are on it is still illegal and against the rules of the NFL. When you sign a contract and take money for doing a job then you need to abide by those rules and laws. I worked years in the transportation field and being clean was the only way I could assure myself a job. When your livelihood and family depends on you to be a drug free worker then that's the way you need to be. Personal feeling about it don't matter when you put your priorities number one.

The whole season...that is a lot of money he is missing out on, all because he couldn't stay away from the drugs. Letting his teammates down at this sort of level is just terrible.

I think he's going to make 10 million because the Cardinals picked up his bonus. 

I think he's going to make 10 million because the Cardinals picked up his bonus.

Wow sucks for them. So he can continue living the posh life without any worries for a year. I wish I could get ten mill just sitting on the couch.

. I just think its messed up a player can be suspended for smoking weed.

I tend to agree with that.  But even so, he cannot give it up even though he gets paid a ton of $ to stay off it?  Should be easy enough.

It's unfortunate if this is all it is but, it's not like he didn't see this coming.  He made the choice.

Some people have to learn things the super hard way.

I hate this. I don't like to see a good player miss an entire season over something like this. I think the NFl needs to change the drug policy, I mean a lot of guys in the league probably do stuff, but are just smart enough to get away with it. Who knows how many players are dependent on opiates, but I'm sure they have prescriptions. I look at it differently than most. I think it should be the teams call if a player has a problem with drugs. If it's affecting his game suspend him. If not he's an adult making his own choices. I'm just talking about street drugs, not roids. I just think its messed up a player can be suspended for smoking weed.

If you enjoy smoking, but are offered a job somewhere making millions of dollars... You should be able to put the bong down for a few months. The off season is a long one.

I hope he gets his life together

My daughter had a friend, addicted to drugs for years.......commit suicide this week.

Drugs get hold of people and take everything they've got

I lost my football career (NFL) due to alcoholism, so i know the pain. It's harder to shake them demons sometimes. I have a soft spot for Justin Blackmon for this reason, because i was him.