Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fox Sports' Jay Clemons ranks Luck 9th...

Jim H.

This is based off of Fantasy numbers.

I  play fantasy football. Stafford is a stud as long as you don't lose points for INT'S I had the Stafford to Megatron connection last year.

I guess if you are looking at how the Colts want to play Luck would be down there but he had 27 td's last year 4 rushing I believe he just didn't put up the huge yardage games regularly. We don't necessarily want we want balance. I had Cam as my back up he was boom or bust no way you can start that guy every week. 

I really don't think it matters what our QB ranks on the fantasy nonsense it comes down to wins and losses in real life which I would rank him at 5 right now behind Peyton Brady Brees and Rogers with the most upside of anyone. If that was a dynasty league guarantee he would be a lot higher.

The writers are taking into consideration what the Colts want to do as an offense and we are not looking to throw for 5,000 yards and 30 tds we want to control the game.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Peyton Manning, Broncos
2. Drew Brees, Saints
3. Aaron Rodgers, Packers
4. Matthew Stafford, Lions
5. Robert Griffin III, Redskins
6. Andy Dalton, Bengals
7. Matt Ryan, Falcons
8. Tom Brady, Patriots

9. Andrew Luck, Colts
10. Cam Newton, Panthers
11. Philip Rivers, Chargers
12. Colin Kaepernick, 49ers
13. Jay Cutler, Bears
14. Nick Foles, Eagles
15. Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers
16. Joe Flacco, Ravens

17. Russell Wilson, Seahawks
18. Tony Romo, Cowboys
19. Alex Smith, Chiefs
20. Ryan Tannehill, Dolphins
21. Carson Palmer, Cardinals
22. Eli Manning, Giants
23. Josh McCown, Buccaneers
24. Matt Schaub, Raiders

25. Sam Bradford, Rams
26. Ryan Fitzpatrick, Texans
27. Jake Locker, Titans
28. Chad Henne, Jaguars
29. EJ Manuel, Bills
30. Brian Hoyer, Browns
31. Matt Cassel, Vikings
32. Geno Smith, Jets

First off, I hate Tom Brady but with all due respect he's gotta be in anybody's Top 5 (even with his recent struggles).  Secondly, the media has been all over RGIII since he won the Heisman even though it should've been Luck's (and ROY) because the talent around each of them comparing the talent they played against.  RGIII isn't in the top 10 just like Andy Dalton lmao, Uhmmm not even worth my time commenting on him.  Matt Ryan??  He's not much better than Joe Flacco, again not worth my time.  That would leave Luck just outside the Top 5.  I would be (hesitantly) alright with that.  C'mon man!!!!! This ranking is almost as bad as the power rankings posted on B/R where they had Colts at 14 I think. 

Alex Smith at 19?  The man is extremely efficient.  He may not WOW you but that is about as bad as where Brady and Luck is ranked.  Disrespectful and ignorant.  Also Russell Wilson at 17 is a big stretch also.  He should be up there with Kaep and Cam. 

Whoever published this garbage needs to be fired!! 

Because anyone with an ounce of credibility can see the difference between the two.

Credibility in what exactly........This word is thrown around alot on this forum.........Like some fans think they are superior to others

"Without Luck the Colts at the most win 5 games"........Speculation....We actually have a decent backup

"Luck has actually won a playoff game"........Look I am glad they got there first win believe me......But the Chiefs were massively overrated........What happened when there best offensive weapon in Jammal Charles went down(And best defensive weapon Justin Houston)? They collapsed just like a house of cards, Dalton also had the 8th most passing yards in the league and was 11th in completion percentage at 62%

What happened when Charles went down in the first quarter? They went on to take a 31-10 halftime lead. yeah, that really hampered the offense.

What happened when Justin Houston went down? He missed ONE PLAY.

Credibility in what exactly........This word is thrown around alot on this forum.........Like some fans think they are superior to others

Take it as you will.....but I was referencing you saying colts fans would go nuts if the MEDIA said similar things about Luck.

1. Peyton Manning, Broncos

2. Drew Brees, Saints

3. Aaron Rodgers, Packers

4. Matthew Stafford, Lions

5. Robert Griffin III, Redskins

6. Andy Dalton, Bengals

7. Matt Ryan, Falcons

8. Tom Brady, Patriots

9. Andrew Luck, Colts

10. Cam Newton, Panthers

11. Philip Rivers, Chargers

12. Colin Kaepernick, 49ers

13. Jay Cutler, Bears

14. Nick Foles, Eagles

15. Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers

16. Joe Flacco, Ravens

17. Russell Wilson, Seahawks

18. Tony Romo, Cowboys

19. Alex Smith, Chiefs

20. Ryan Tannehill, Dolphins

21. Carson Palmer, Cardinals

22. Eli Manning, Giants

23. Josh McCown, Buccaneers

24. Matt Schaub, Raiders

25. Sam Bradford, Rams

26. Ryan Fitzpatrick, Texans

27. Jake Locker, Titans

28. Chad Henne, Jaguars

29. EJ Manuel, Bills

30. Brian Hoyer, Browns

31. Matt Cassel, Vikings

32. Geno Smith, Jets

First off, I hate Tom Brady but with all due respect he's gotta be in anybody's Top 5 (even with his recent struggles).  Secondly, the media has been all over RGIII since he won the Heisman even though it should've been Luck's (and ROY) because the talent around each of them comparing the talent they played against.  RGIII isn't in the top 10 just like Andy Dalton lmao, Uhmmm not even worth my time commenting on him.  Matt Ryan??  He's not much better than Joe Flacco, again not worth my time.  That would leave Luck just outside the Top 5.  I would be (hesitantly) alright with that.  C'mon man!!!!! This ranking is almost as bad as the power rankings posted on B/R where they had Colts at 14 I think. 

Alex Smith at 19?  The man is extremely efficient.  He may not WOW you but that is about as bad as where Brady and Luck is ranked.  Disrespectful and ignorant.  Also Russell Wilson at 17 is a big stretch also.  He should be up there with Kaep and Cam. 

Whoever published this garbage needs to be fired!! 

It's for fantasy football

"Without Luck the Colts at the most win 5 games"........Speculation....We actually have a decent backup

"Luck has actually won a playoff game"........Look I am glad they got there first win believe me......But the Chiefs were massively overrated........What happened when there best offensive weapon in Jammal Charles went down(And best defensive weapon Justin Houston)? They collapsed just like a house of cards, Dalton also had the 8th most passing yards in the league and was 11th in completion percentage at 62%

Houston? Are you serious?!?!? He missed 1 play!!! 1!!!

Matthew Stafford is only good because of Calvin Johnson, my opinion

I don't even know why RG3 is up there

Andy Dalton has the best TEAM in the NFL (WR,TE,OL,RB, Defense)

These are the 3 I don't understand

For the past 2 years, Luck had a Bad Offensive line, avg WR, hardly any RB, and suspect defense.

If this is fantasy football, then I understand.  Andrew Luck had about 4 Rushing TDs last season.

Many would

And they should, because to compare the two is, once again, preposterous. And I don't think you would find anyone other than talking heads (bayless, Damesheck, etc..) in the media that would make that comparison.

Matthew Stafford is only good because of Calvin Johnson, my opinion

I don't even know why RG3 is up there

Andy Dalton has the best TEAM in the NFL (WR,TE,OL,RB, Defense)

These are the 3 I don't understand

For the past 2 years, Luck had a Bad Offensive line, avg WR, hardly any RB, and suspect defense.

If this is fantasy football, then I understand.  Andrew Luck had about 4 Rushing TDs last season.

It is about fantasy football.  It's all about the points the fantasy points a player puts up and not necessarily how good they really are or how much they contribute towards winning.  

Therefore Stafford putting up big stats because all he has to do is throw the ball somewhere in the zip code of Calvin Johnson and have it caught makes him a better fantasy player then actual football player.  

What happened when Charles went down in the first quarter? They went on to take a 31-10 halftime lead. yeah, that really hampered the offense.

What happened when Justin Houston went down? He missed ONE PLAY.

He was spotted around the 4:00 minute mark of the 4th Quarter on crutches....Yeah...I had forgotten just how bad Alex Smith was able to torch us

He was spotted around the 4:00 minute mark of the 4th Quarter on crutches....Yeah...I had forgotten just how bad Alex Smith was able to torch us

4min to play? That's about right...he still only missed one play unless you count the colts last drive where luck too a knee a few times.

And they should, because to compare the two is, once again, preposterous. And I don't think you would find anyone other than talking heads (bayless, Damesheck, etc..) in the media that would make that comparison.

And for what reasons is it preposterous, Through there first 32 games (only doing 2 years since Andrew only has 2 years under his belt):

Luck stats: 46 TD's....27 Int's......8,196 yards passing

Dalton stats: 47 TD's 29 int's 7,067 yards passing

Thats not really a huge gap, Now if you mean Luck remains more calm under pressure then Ill certainly buy that but both QB's have made some bonehead decisions in the playoffs as well as regular season

4min to play? That's about right...he still only missed one play unless you count the colts last drive where luck too a knee a few times.

Yeah, I definitly watched the game, Haven't really thought back on that game so many of the details had slipped

And for what reasons is it preposterous, Through there first 32 games (only doing 2 years since Andrew only has 2 years under his belt):

Luck stats: 46 TD's....27 Int's......8,196 yards passing

Dalton stats: 47 TD's 29 int's 7,067 yards passing

Thats not really a huge gap, Now if you mean Luck remains more calm under pressure then Ill certainly buy that but both QB's have made some bonehead decisions in the playoffs as well as regular season

Just like you knew that 2 of Lucks interceptions vs the patriots were bogus, you also know that stats don't tell the whole story. But if you wanna put them both in the same class....well, go ahead.

Just like you knew that 2 of Lucks interceptions vs the patriots were bogus, you also know that stats don't tell the whole story. But if you wanna put them both in the same class....well, go ahead.

1 and even then the pass should have been more in front of Havili.....Yeah he should have pulled it in but it wasn't avery good pass, It was slightly behind Havili, He had to reach back

2 things:

1.Were talking about 3 years into his career.......3 YEARS!

2.Peyton Manning lost his first 3 playoff games

Good lord. Now you're comparing Dalton and Peyton. haha

Andy Dalton has been the main thing holding back the Bengals. He's playing the role of Mark Sanchez for the Bengals.

I don't care if it's only been "3 YEARS!". 3 years is more than enough to see if your QB has it or not. Andy don't got it. I would not be surprised to see AJ McCarron take his job, though I don't think he's very good either.

Good lord. Now you're comparing Dalton and Peyton. haha

Andy Dalton has been the main thing holding back the Bengals. He's playing the role of Mark Sanchez for the Bengals.

I don't care if it's only been "3 YEARS!". 3 years is more than enough to see if your QB has it or not. Andy don't got it. I would not be surprised to see AJ McCarron take his job, though I don't think he's very good either.

Your right. 3 years is enough.......But if you want to have a real debate about this get back to me when your not comparing him to Mark Sanchez.

Your right. 3 years is enough.......But if you want to have a real debate about this get back to me when your not comparing him to Mark Sanchez.

I'm not debating anything. I think he's a subpar QB.

But the Mark Sanchez comparison is quite apt, whether you want to acknowledge it or not. Great team, held back by poor QB play.

But the Mark Sanchez comparison is quite apt, whether you want to acknowledge it or not. Great team, held back by poor QB play.

Subpar QB's dont throw 34 td's year 3. Now do I think he has to work on hs decision making in the playoffs.....It goes without saying he does, Im not debating that at all but as I said...Peyton Manning stunk it up his first 3 playoff games.......I wasn't comparing there whole careers. But decisions like moving on from Dalton after he had a career year which includes 34 td's for the unknown....(Mccarron) is the kind of decision that screws up a franchise for years, What happens if Mccarron throws for half those TD's his first year  and also 20 int's....Cant move back to Dalton (in theory) because you've done sent him the signal your looking for another QB,

When kickers are perceived as having more value than WR and RB skill positions,

When a RB is asked to hit the A gap and his only mental responsibility is to get to the first down and he is valued more than a QB,

When you root for a team to SCORE ON YOUR TEAM, so you can win in FF......

reevaluate your love of fantasy football.....

or not.

Subpar QB's dont throw 34 td's year 3. Now do I think he has to work on hs decision making in the playoffs.....It goes without saying he does, Im not debating that at all but as I said...Peyton Manning stunk it up his first 3 playoff games.......I wasn't comparing there whole careers. But decisions like moving on from Dalton after he had a career year which includes 34 td's for the unknown....(Mccarron) is the kind of decision that screws up a franchise for years, What happens if Mccarron throws for half those TD's his first year and also 20 int's....Cant move back to Dalton (in theory) because you've done sent him the signal your looking for another QB,

34 TDs in a season doesn't impress me in the age of the QB. The ability to put the team on your back and win the tough games is what matters to me and I have never seen that ability from Dalton. He sucks on the teat of an incredibly talented team and when they need him to step up and play like an elite QB, he crumbles.

As for him not being subpar. He is according to my list...

In no particular order (numbers signify the amount not a set ranking), QBs who are, in my opinion, better than Andy Dalton:

1) Peyton

2) Rodgers

3) Brady

4) Brees

5) Luck

6) Rivers

7) Roethlisberger

8) Romo

9) Cam

10) Kaep

11) Wilson

12) Cutler

13) Foles

14) Stafford

15) Ryan

16) Eli

17) Flacco

18) Glennon

19) Tannehill

20) Alex Smith

21) Josh McCown

22) RG3

23) Bradford

I think all of these QBs are better than Dalton and I'd take any of them as my QB before Dalton.

In a league that consists of 32 starting QBs at one time, I believe at least 23 QBs are currently better than Dalton. The definition of subpar is "below average". 9/32 = 28% = Below 50% = Below average. Subpar.

34 TDs in a season doesn't impress me in the age of the QB. The ability to put the team on your back and win the tough games is what matters to me and I have never seen that ability from Dalton. He sucks on the teat of an incredibly talented team and when they need him to step up and play like an elite QB, he crumbles.

As for him not being subpar. He is according to my list...

In no particular order (numbers signify the amount not a set ranking), QBs who are, in my opinion, better than Andy Dalton:

1) Peyton

2) Rodgers

3) Brady

4) Brees

5) Luck

6) Rivers

7) Roethlisberger

8) Romo

9) Cam

10) Kaep

11) Wilson

12) Cutler

13) Foles

14) Stafford

15) Ryan

16) Eli

17) Flacco

18) Glennon

19) Tannehill

20) Alex Smith

21) Josh McCown

22) RG3

23) Bradford

I think all of these QBs are better than Dalton and I'd take any of them as my QB before Dalton.

In a league that consists of 32 starting QBs at one time, I believe at least 23 QBs are currently better than Dalton. The definition of subpar is "below average". 9/32 = 28% = Below 50% = Below average. Subpar.

"21) Josh McCown"

I could take issue with a few QB's at the bottom  of that list(17-23 actually...maybe even 16-23).... but I dont even know where to begin with #21........was that a typo?.............Did Dalton do something at some point to you for you to show him such disrespect

"21) Josh McCown"

I could take issue with a few QB's at the bottom of that list(17-23 actually...maybe even 16-23).... but I dont even know where to begin with #21........was that a typo?.............Did Dalton do something at some point to you for you to show him such disrespect

No, I like McCown. He was fantastic when Cutler went down, arguably better than Cutler. But even if you remove him there are still 22 that I think are better than him. Like you said you can argue 18*-23 (though I think RG3 is clearly better, as I said it really wasn't a ranking or he would have been much higher), but that just would put Dalton in the 18*-23 range which is still subpar.

*Eli and Flacco are inconsistent and sometimes terrible but they have shown the ability to win the big games. They certainly have done enough to be above Dalton.

I really disagree with the Sanchez comparison

1 and even then the pass should have been more in front of Havili.....Yeah he should have pulled it in but it wasn't avery good pass, It was slightly behind Havili, He had to reach back

The pass wasn't perfect, but com'on, all Havili had to do was pill his inside shoulder in 1 inch.....that's just nit picking.