Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts draft Jack Mewhort, OL, OSU [Merge]

oldunclemark

Tknight24 doesn't listen to truths. He makes his own fantasy a reality.

HE is a OT that can play and may start at G for us in a pinch he could play center. He can play all over the O Line. He isn't a C that is the position he is least likely to play. We have no depth at OT so we get a guy who can come in and possibly start at OG then kick out to OT if someone gets hurt. It  is a good pick but it is not a C

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HE is a OT that can play and may start at G for us in a pinch he could play center. He can play all over the O Line. He isn't a C that is the position he is least likely to play. We have no depth at OT so we get a guy who can come in and possibly start at OG then kick out to OT if someone gets hurt. It is a good pick but it is not a C

Everyone gets that.

The point is that Tknight24 said we would not draft a center. Well we drafted someone who can play center now didn't we?

Personally I think he is going to play guard and possibly move to RT if needed as a fill in.

I nailed the o-line pick. And this guy's solid...can play both guard and tackle spots (center in a pinch) . He'll play guard and then eventually replace either anthony/gosder next year at tackle.

can you please describe in detail how you felt when the Colts passed on Gabe Jackson?

Mewhort is a solid pick...Though if possible...(Im going to assume it wasn't).........I would have traded down to get him.....Also he is not nearly as agile as Billy Turner is...Turner also could have played at LG I think.  I'll be lickin my chops if somehow Bailey or Ladler are still on the board at our pick in the 5th

That is exactly what he is doing then why do you think he is a C he hasn't played there since HS? Luck could play C but he isn't going too. Jadeveon Clowney played RB in high school so if I bet you a RB would be taken 1st overall would I win the bet? You argument is weak at best you should admit you were wrong and move on

This is a terrible pick because of where it is and not who it is. We could have picked him up in the 4th round. This draft looks to me like we have squandered the first round draft pick on a running back who was worth no more than a 3rd round pick at best, an offensive tackle who isn't an offensive tackle and a wide receiver who has small hands and is not a natural ball catcher.......Heyward-Bay 2.0. Please tell me it's gonna get better.

Both AK and i got punished for wanting to go O-LINE early. We nailed it...most didn't.

I didn't punish anyone for anything. I said its not the way I'd prefer to go but the pass rushers I wanted were off the board anyway.

I didn't call him a bust, it's just that Grigson reached 2 rounds for him. He definitely won't be an all pro that's for sure. Mewhort would have been a good pick in the 5th but not with our 1st pick with so many needs on defense. Louis Nix and Terrence Brooks would have been great picks with better value. 

Since you can predict the future and no offensive linemen in the history of the game have been all pro that were drafted in the second round, what are the winning powerball numbers for the next drawing?

I like it. Offensive Line is a huge need. He can play all positions and we don't have much quality depth. The value of a guy like Mewhort is very underrated and probably other teams were interested in him too thats why the Colts took him in the 2nd. I can see the Colts make a trade to grab a Safety/Cornerback in the early 4th round. Keith McGill is still out there...

I wish Grigson would have drafted someone who's name you knew instead of the player he felt was best so you would feel better right now.

No, not really

Well if you would have sent YOUR big board to Grigson then maybe he could have gotten it right.

get off of grigsons " big board". Bottom line is our o-line is still bad. And not to mention our d-line and secondary!!. I'm not saying he is a bust but we could of drafted him later ( I.e) traded down and got him as well as more picks. Or pick someone who is better.( Chris Borland, ealy, Preston brown, Marcus martin, mcgill,Gabe jackson, or brooks. My point is he is not the answer for the o-line and he's not any better than Thornton who is not a difference maker at all. I still don't understand the trade he made for Richardson we could have gotten a great player in this years first round but no grigson has to be special and different and trade for someone who we benched in the playoff games..odds are Ballard\bradshaw comes back and trent never sees the top of the depth chart again.. I hope that Trent proves me wrong but he ain't gunna get any better by us taking mewhort.. Somehow Ballard and Bradshaw found lots of room to run... But the number 3 overall pick can't?.. I'm just fed up with bad drafting. Was grigsons first draft good?... Yes I can agree with that but his drafts since then have been underwhelming to say the least.. But until you open your eyes and look for yourself instead of " in grigson we trust". #1 rule in life don't trust anybody!.. Rant off!!

I like it. Offensive Line is a huge need. He can play all positions and we don't have much quality depth. The value of a guy like Mewhort is very underrated and probably other teams were interested in him too thats why the Colts took him in the 2nd. I can see the Colts make a trade to grab a Safety/Cornerback in the early 4th round. Keith McGill is still out there...

I like keith mcGill as well...big strong CB.He's capable of playing man and jamming guys at the LOS.

I was really, very pleased with this pick. 

It affirmed that Grigson thinks this Oline's talent is important.

I believed he thought that way but not adding any real Oline talent this off-season gave me pause.

Took a load off.

I wish all you people complaining bout the picks were making them. then we could win everygame next year instead of the usual  11-12 games.Thats getting very boring.

haha exactly! The scouts have spent countless hours watching the film and breaking down scouting reports trying to find the right players to fit into the system, yet fans who watch maybe an hour of sportscenter a day and read a mock draft every now and then think they know better than the front office. I don't get it.