Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay Urging Fans To "buck Up"

kayakaster

"Come on,ColtsNation,BUCK UP! Sure these r tough times,but tough times come..no one's ever won 115 games n a decade,like we have,NO ONE EVER!"---Jim Irsays tweet

I can't rely on my stellar job performance from the last 10 years....I have to prove it everyday....let's quit living in the past and right this sinking ship..

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Come on,ColtsNation,BUCK UP! Sure these r tough times,but tough times come..no one's ever won 115 games n a decade,like we have,NO ONE EVER!"---Jim Irsays tweet

I can't rely on my stellar job performance from the last 10 years....I have to prove it everyday....let's quit living in the past and right this sinking ship..

O.K., but you have one bad afternoon, and you're gone.

I'm less tolerant than you are.

sarcasm off

to me this an example with what is wrong with today's fan. This whole what have you done for me lately is really depressing. Yes the Colts are having a down season. So what, it happens, we have been on top for the past decade, at some point all great teams have done years. Allow the mag't team that put together the dynasty to rebuild, it may take a season or two but they are at least allowed the opportunity to see if they can do it.

to me this an example with what is wrong with today's fan. This whole what have you done for me lately is really depressing. Yes the Colts are having a down season. So what, it happens, we have been on top for the past decade, at some point all great teams have done years. Allow the mag't team that put together the dynasty to rebuild, it may take a season or two but they are at least allowed the opportunity to see if they can do it.

dn, I agree with you on this.

I'd like to believe that all of this emotional response is due to the suddenness of the situation.

I'd like to believe that we all knew there would be growing pains post Manning, and now we're slapped in the face with having been caught with our pants down prematurely.

Yes, all along we should have had a competent back up QB, just in case. But, those can be hard to come by when the starter never misses a game.

Most QBs would like to think they'd have the opportunity to play once in awhile.

What Irsay fails to realize is that there wasn't even a decline in the team. The performance fell straight off the cliff and that this could have been avoided. As a fan, I am not upset that we are not making the playoffs this year because I knew that without Manning we would not do well and that's just the way the team is built. However, I am furious that the team is so poorly built that after 9 games we can't win a single game. A team that won 115 games in a decade shouldn't be 0-9 when the star QB goes down.

dn this not a down season! i would say a down season would be maybe 5-6 wins...it is an embarrassment,,,not only for colts fans but the city and anyone who pays to walk through the doors of LOS on any given Sunday...come on' man,,,you sound like a good loser ,,,

You, Polian and now Irsay seem to be living in the past and in a NFL fantasyland . Irsay is starting to use fuzzy math and selective recall in trying to cover up for the so so performance of the organization. The 115 wins are good but an overall evaluation will have to take into account the postseasson failures, the poor draft choices, the 80% of the roster made up on sub NFL caliber players, a washed up Vice Chairman, a back stabbing GM, our decade long joke of special teams, the bad defenses and one man show that was the Colts. When viewed through that prism the 115 regular season wins still does not trump our overall failures.

Now Irsay is becoming a national joke.

dn, I agree with you on this.

I'd like to believe that all of this emotional response is due to the suddenness of the situation.

I'd like to believe that we all knew there would be growing pains post Manning, and now we're slapped in the face with having been caught with our pants down prematurely.

Yes, all along we should have had a competent back up QB, just in case. But, those can be hard to come by when the starter never misses a game.

Most QBs would like to think they'd have the opportunity to play once in awhile.

So we didn't draft a competent backup QB because it would hurt Peyton's feeling?!?! This mess just didn't happen overnight. We have always been a soft, pansy type team. Our division has been that tough over the years and we generally could outscore other teams in the regular season. What is really telling is what we did or didn't do in the playoffs. In the playoffs e e were going against teams that were better than our regular season competition and our failures (poor coaching, inferior players, etc.) came into play and we were exposed as a paper tiger. Now the same issues that cropped up in the postseason has shown up in the regular season. It is beyond comprehension for the Colts to have built their team so much around one player.

What Irsay fails to realize is that there wasn't even a decline in the team. The performance fell straight off the cliff and that this could have been avoided. As a fan, I am not upset that we are not making the playoffs this year because I knew that without Manning we would not do well and that's just the way the team is built. However, I am furious that the team is so poorly built that after 9 games we can't win a single game. A team that won 115 games in a decade shouldn't be 0-9 when the star QB goes down.

Amen!

And like other losing teams we'd hear about late in the season whose players and coaches (and GMs) are "fighting for their jobs" ..... Irsay needs to get that point across as well.

Who knows? Maybe that'll get us a win.

Do you think this team would have say 3-4 or even 5 wins if we had a quality QB? Not a HOF, but a good solid quality QB who could manage an offense and move the chains?

Buck up!!?? Buck up!!!!!????? Irsay, are you kidding me! The colts are 0-9, the coaches are beyond ridiculous and the secondary is the laughing stock of the NFL and you want fans to just, BUCK UP!?

Ok, fine. Guess we will stoop to the level of being content with loosing as you apparently have and have no pride. I guess fans liking success and demanding changes to make it happen make some of us whiners and just need to roll over and buck up as you put it. Sorry, but THIS COLTS FAN wont do it! I will continue to demand excellence from the players and coaches. Don't like it.. BUCK UP!

dn this not a down season! i would say a down season would be maybe 5-6 wins...it is an embarrassment,,,not only for colts fans but the city and anyone who pays to walk through the doors of LOS on any given Sunday...come on' man,,,you sound like a good loser ,,,

No it's just a down season, unless you make the playoffs it's a down season. I have never been able to see a game live...guess what I am actually going to pay money and go see a game in Dec at Luc and you know what, win or lose I am going to have a good time. You have to look at the whole picture and not just one season.

You, Polian and now Irsay seem to be living in the past and in a NFL fantasyland . Irsay is starting to use fuzzy math and selective recall in trying to cover up for the so so performance of the organization. The 115 wins are good but an overall evaluation will have to take into account the postseasson failures, the poor draft choices, the 80% of the roster made up on sub NFL caliber players, a washed up Vice Chairman, a back stabbing GM, our decade long joke of special teams, the bad defenses and one man show that was the Colts. When viewed through that prism the 115 regular season wins still does not trump our overall failures.

Now Irsay is becoming a national joke.

Wow who broke your toy? Ask anyone around the NFL and not one person will tell you Irsay is a joke. Not one person will say the Colts are anything but a class organization who put together a decade of quality football like has rarly ever been seen in the NFL. Name me any other NFL franchise that hasn't had bad draft picks. Heck lets review the Mighty Mighty Pats...with all the draft picks they have had, they have the Mighty Bill B. and yet....they have the worse defense in the AFC, have struggled in the playoffs over the past 3-4 seasons and this year are just 5-3. Are you telling me people are laughing at them?

So we didn't draft a competent backup QB because it would hurt Peyton's feeling?!?! This mess just didn't happen overnight. We have always been a soft, pansy type team. Our division has been that tough over the years and we generally could outscore other teams in the regular season. What is really telling is what we did or didn't do in the playoffs. In the playoffs e e were going against teams that were better than our regular season competition and our failures (poor coaching, inferior players, etc.) came into play and we were exposed as a paper tiger. Now the same issues that cropped up in the postseason has shown up in the regular season. It is beyond comprehension for the Colts to have built their team so much around one player.

Okay over the tenure of Peytons time in Indy, what college QB would you have taken that came out of college and was going to be nothing more then a backup? Also, since Peyton didn't miss any playing time, how does said young QB mature and learn if he never plays?

Okay over the tenure of Peytons time in Indy, what college QB would you have taken that came out of college and was going to be nothing more then a backup? Also, since Peyton didn't miss any playing time, how does said young QB mature and learn if he never plays?

Humm.. dunno ask RODGERS! And they claim it was just luck he developed into the QB he is now.. ya, luck.

Are you looking at me and talking to someone else?

I'm having a difficult time seeing where I've brought up Peyton's feelings.

Fact is we should have had a competent back up QB all along. Sorgi may have been that guy for a while, but Painter doesn't seem to be.

So, how do you get a competent back up?

You draft one in later rounds, and hope to develop (see Curtis Painter, not working out).

You pick up a vet who doesn't mind sitting on the bench, which can be hard to come by.

With the rest of your post, I don't share your enthusiasm.

However, truth be told, I wasn't excited about the prospect of drafting Peyton leading up to that draft. I didn't want us to be the Marino Dolphins.

We did, it's gone as I expected (though we did win one SB, and it may not be over yet), I'm not sorry it happened (it's been great), and it's about to end.

To me, the coming few years should have been to build for the post Manning era. This year came by surprise, and too soon to have adjusted for it, based on where we've been recently.

Yep, things could be better right now, but they're not, and this too shall pass.

I can only trust that the right people will make the right decisions regarding management, coaching, players, etc. and that we'll be fine again one day (sooner rather than later). I suppose I may just have more patience than some, and don't view the present status of the team as an attack on me personally.

Is this the Irsay and Polian strategy now? Blame the fans? Way to pass the buck guys but the buck doesn't stop here! Irsay just sees how quickly the stadium is emptying out after the first half of games. I think what Irsay is really upset that fans are not spending the bucks. Hotdog and beers sales must be down at LOS.

Love that Jackson Browne lyric he tweeted. really great song and appropriate

Well I'll keep on movin' ... movin' on

Things are bound to be improvin' these days

One of these days

These days I'll sit on corner stones

And count the time in quarter tones to ten ... my friend

Don't confront me with my failures

I had not forgotten them

irsay will have to do much better than this to get my $2000 when ticket renewal time comes around...are you listening jimmy,,,after 15 years i am strongly considering jumping ship...putting my BUCKS somewhere else....

Really? You would jump ship after 1 season? Well enjoy Bengal nation...I am sure you will love watching them play...don't let the door hit you on the way out...

Humm.. dunno ask RODGERS! And they claim it was just luck he developed into the QB he is now.. ya, luck.

Folks don't remeber much about Rodagers, because of all of the Favre hoopla. Rodgers was supposed to be the number 1 draft pick of the Sf 49's.But the Niners HC felt Rodgers personality would clash with his, so passed on taking him for that reason.

So I blame Nolan for breaking the Jeff Tedford QB streak (previous NFK QB's prepped by Tedford at U Cal were - Trent Dilfer (Tampa Bay, 1994), Akili Smith (Cincinnati, 1999), David Carr (Houston, 2002), Joey Harrington (Detroit, 2002) and Kyle Boller (Baltimore, 2003) – who all have pretty much flopped both aggregately and individually. (Dilfer did get a SB ring, thopugh). Rodgers was second QB taken in draft, all the way down at 24th. Ted Thompson tried but couldn't get Favre out of town fast enough. When he finaslly did, they knew Rodgers would shine.

I agree with your thoughts.

But, I think the issue is that this team has been in decline for a few years, and there is little evidence that FO/Owner will take appropriate action.

I think that 0-9 will force Irsay to get involved and take action - at least I hope so.

I agree with your thoughts.

But, I think the issue is that this team has been in decline for a few years, and there is little evidence that FO/Owner will take appropriate action.

I think that 0-9 will force Irsay to get involved and take action - at least I hope so.

Decline over the past few years? Really? Lets see last year they went 10-6, won the division and made the playoffs while missing so major key players. Season before that they went 14-2, won both playoff games and made it to the Superbowl. Exactly how is that declining? There are about oh I would say 29-30 teams in teh NFL that would love to have those back to back seasons and be considered declining.

Again sorry but Colt fan is just way to spoiled and jadded....

Is this the Irsay and Polian strategy now? Blame the fans? Way to pass the buck guys but the buck doesn't stop here! Irsay just sees how quickly the stadium is emptying out after the first half of games. I think what Irsay is really upset that fans are not spending the bucks. Hotdog and beers sales must be down at LOS.

Agreed - the only thing that will cause Irsay to act is a combo of declining revenue and public embarrassment. But he needs to clean house, and it's not apparent that he'll do that.