Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay Urging Fans To "buck Up"

kayakaster

I urge Mr. Irsay to "Buck Up" and do what's right for this organization and it's future. I think most of us agree that means replacing the coaching staff and possibly the Polian Cult. Drafting players that will contribute to the organization for the next several years and implementing a defensive scheme that's effective.

Sure, I'll hold onto my season tickets, but the question is for how many more years? If nothing changes, nothing changes; and I can't go through another season like this one. I guess will have to wait until season end to see what's going to happen and come April I hope the Colts do what is best for them and the long haul.

What do you consider a "successful" season?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just stop it!!! Tom Brady goes down and a QB who was not even a starter in college comes on and the TEAM wins 11 games that year. Your rah rah garbage is getting old here. It is a bad team, they have drafted poorly, they have coached badly and now the TEAM is really the worst put together team in the league, not even close. Manning covered up bad picks and players and coaches because he is just that good, that is on who?

Wow...my rah rah garbage is getting old? Your right we need to march down to Lucas and just remove Polian and Caldwell ourselves, we can't allow them to control this franchise one more moment and we can't risk Irsay not seeing the signs on the wall (10+ winnings seasons/1 SB win/2SB appearances) I mean we fans have more knowlege and ability to know what is best over Mr. Irsay or Mr. Polian or even Mr. Caldwell....who is with me, lets storm the stadium...or at least the complex at 56th street and take back what is ours....

Jeez, what is the point of playing in the regular season? It is the playoffs and to WIN the SB. Nobody has a goal in the regular season to win a lot of regular season games and then just stop playing, it is to get into the playoffs at allcosts and then somehow have enough things go right to win the championship and the right to be called the best that season.

I am with the other guy who said, you don't let your kids keep score. I pay to watch this game and you mentioned you don't, it is on your tv but now you are going to come in and by tix at half price or gimee's so your voice doesn't matter much.

If the purpose of the playoffs and SB are to determine the best overall team that is fine, then lets remove all divisions, just have the AFC and the NFC and at the end of the 16 game schedule the No. 1 team in the NFC plays the No. 1 team in the AFC and then you can say the SB determines the best team, but as long as you allow teams into the playoffs with sub .500 records the playoffs and SB mean nothing more then who got hot at the right time, not who the best overall team was for that season.

to me this an example with what is wrong with today's fan. This whole what have you done for me lately is really depressing.

I do not agree that there is anything wrong with today's fan. There will always be optimists and pessimists. that's just the way the human race is.

I do agree though that I find it depressing. Just as some people like to boo......and others really hate it.

Some people complain even when we are winning. I know because I've sat next to them at games and they don't stop complaining and they suck the fun right out of it for me.

Best I can, I tune them out, focus on what I want to focus on. You cannot convince them to be different. Not ever going to happen.

In this case, a LOT of people believe they know what's wrong with the team. So, they want those things fixed.

I'm like you. I believe management has it in hand, so I don't worry about it. But, for most people on this board, you will never ever convince them that you are correct on these issues.

Just as they will never ever convince you that you are not correct.

Unstoppable Force meets immovable object imo

I do not agree that there is anything wrong with today's fan. There will always be optimists and pessimists. that's just the way the human race is.

I do agree though that I find it depressing. Just as some people like to boo......and others really hate it.

Some people complain even when we are winning. I know because I've sat next to them at games and they don't stop complaining and they suck the fun right out of it for me.

Best I can, I tune them out, focus on what I want to focus on. You cannot convince them to be different. Not ever going to happen.

In this case, a LOT of people believe they know what's wrong with the team. So, they want those things fixed.

I'm like you. I believe management has it in hand, so I don't worry about it. But, for most people on this board, you will never ever convince them that you are correct on these issues.

Just as they will never ever convince you that you are not correct.

Unstoppable Force meets immovable object imo

I agree with plenty of the above, but your trust in management is mind blowingly 'optimistic'. I like the idea but don't believe it for one minute. I'd be interested to know what you are putting your faith in.......

I agree with plenty of the above, but your trust in management is mind blowingly 'optimistic'. I like the idea but don't believe it for one minute. I'd be interested to know what you are putting your faith in.......

Can't speak for her...but for me it's their track record. That is all you can base your opinion on. You look at what they have don in the past in all the jobs they have had. With Polian he is a winner, whatever franchise he has been involved with they have been winners. Doesn't matter how they made it happen, just that they did. You also look at time, did they do it just once and maybe just for a season or two? In Polians case he has taken 2 franchises to SB and taken an expansion team to the playoffs in very short time. You can disagree with how they did, but in the end you guy by results.

Just wondering...what do you think the record of the Colts would be at this point in the season if Peyton was playing at 100%? I see us being like 5-4 or maybe 6-3...what record would you see?

So you think it would be just above. 500 team?

Hows that not a decline?

So you think it would be just above. 500 team?

Hows that not a decline?

I said after 9 games we could be 5-4 or 6-3. Of the 9 games left with a healthy peyton I could see them winning at least 6. The only games left that kinda scare me would be at Baltimore and at Jville.

I think the OP is worried that Polian or Irsay will be hesitant to make needed changes and just keep the status quo because of past success. Colts fans know this team is slow to change and will leave glaring holes in the lineup for years.

I think the OP is worried that Polian or Irsay will be hesitant to make needed changes and just keep the status quo because of past success. Colts fans know this team is slow to change and will leave glaring holes in the lineup for years.

Or could it be that both Polian and Irsay are not going to overreact to 1 bad season?

I said after 9 games we could be 5-4 or 6-3. Of the 9 games left with a healthy peyton I could see them winning at least 6. The only games left that kinda scare me would be at Baltimore and at Jville.

You do realize the dominance the Colts have over the Ravens? If Peyton was here I wouldn't be scared.

Or could it be that both Polian and Irsay are not going to overreact to 1 bad season?

Replacing Caldwell and Coyer will not be a over reaction. Its completely warranted, infact not replacing them is a sign of a dysfunctional franchise. Losing coaches get fired in this league.

As far as drafting Luck goes, that's just preparation for the future while also holding onto a powerful trading piece (Luck not Manning).

Replacing Caldwell and Coyer will not be a over reaction. Its completely warranted, infact not replacing them is a sign of a dysfunctional franchise. Losing coaches get fired in this league.

As far as drafting Luck goes, that's just preparation for the future while also holding onto a powerful trading piece (Luck not Manning).

Problem is Caldwell doesn't have a losing record and in his 3 years will have 1 SB appearance and 2 playoff appearances. That's not losing..

Problem is Caldwell doesn't have a losing record and in his 3 years will have 1 SB appearance and 2 playoff appearances. That's not losing..

0-9, 0-16 is plenty. This season shows he brings nothing to the table now. Before he brought continuity and familiarity to the team, well the ghost of Dungy is gone. If he's here next season he brings the familiarity of a disastrous season with him.

Football teams should always strive to become better.

A little harsh don't you think? so its either 19-0 or 0-16? There's no difference in between? Would 11-9 be a losing season? Or 7-9? Would they be considered and should just be 0-16?

For me a losing season is any season you finish with more losses then wins, and to me there are not degrees of losing.

For me a losing season is any season you finish with more losses then wins, and to me there are not degrees of losing.

So 7-9 would be considered losing in that frame of thinking, and might as well be 0-16, when in fact 7-9 gives you a chance at the playoffs? So would it be a losing season if you lost that first playoff game as well?

7-9 could be losing, but give you a chance for the playoffs, but then again I guess it depends on what you truly consider a losing season. Is it a losing season when you make the playoffs and lose the first game?

Any team with a record below .500 should not even be permitted to sniff the playoffs. Like I have said, if the NFL really wanted to do it right they would eliminate all the division, have just the NFC and the AFC and have the top team from each league play in the superbowl.

Any team with a record below .500 should not even be permitted to sniff the playoffs. Like I have said, if the NFL really wanted to do it right they would eliminate all the division, have just the NFC and the AFC and have the top team from each league play in the superbowl.

So in reality there are divisions, so that's kinda what I was basing may reply to... :slaphead: you know... reality, in which 7-9 can get you into the playoffs, but your argument of 16-0 or 0-0 just seemed a bit harsh to me. Just saying

A little harsh don't you think? so its either 19-0 or 0-16? There's no difference in between? Would 11-9 be a losing season? Or 7-9? Would they be considered and should just be 0-16?

Losing is losing and I believe a losing season is when you win less than half the games you play. There are no states of losing. It is like the old adage - You are either pregnant or not with no in-between, same for a losing season.

"Come on,ColtsNation,BUCK UP! Sure these r tough times,but tough times come..no one's ever won 115 games n a decade,like we have,NO ONE EVER!"---Jim Irsays tweet

I can't rely on my stellar job performance from the last 10 years....I have to prove it everyday....let's quit living in the past and right this sinking ship..

Thats great dude, umm and how many teams have went 0-16? That makes us elite too, right?

Really? You would jump ship after 1 season? Well enjoy Bengal nation...I am sure you will love watching them play...don't let the door hit you on the way out...
Hey DN. Somehow you have missed the ship or are very short sighted or you are aflicted with the Forrest Gump desease. Colts have underachieved and overachieved the last 10 years. A whole bunch of expansion type players, sprinkle in a few ok players that might play elsewhere, And a HOF quarterback and you get 115 regular season wins. At the same time, this recipe gets you 8 out of 10 playoff losses. And I dont mean deep in the playoffs losses, I mean one and done. All this time, with a defense and special teams that flat out suck! Special teams cant be special without good players. Ever thought about that. If Manning started every game this year, he would have made the Colts respectable, But these problems are getting bigger and he is getting older.Cant score 30 points a game anymore. Your blindness to these problems only tell me one thing Mr. Gump. Don't run over yourself with that snapper mower.