Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Albert Haynesworth

Mrfox

Dear God no. Why on earth would anyone think Haynesworth will be anything other than he has been? If Belichick, Fisher, and Shanahan (all better coaches than what we have) can't get that tub of lard to play why should we have any expectations that Caldwell will?

Did Fisher really have problems getting him to play? I thought he played well for Tennessee when he wasn't suspended. It's just that the Redskins threw way more money at him once his contract was up with the Titans than anybody should have been willing to pay him. I thought it was more an issue of the Titans getting outbid than him not being productive in Tennessee.

I've been against signing Haynesworth for the past four or five years, but I'm kind of in favor of it now. Haynesworth deserves to be on a team like this.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Fisher really have problems getting him to play? I thought he played well for Tennessee when he wasn't suspended. It's just that the Redskins threw way more money at him once his contract was up with the Titans than anybody should have been willing to pay him. I thought it was more an issue of the Titans getting outbid than him not being productive in Tennessee.

I've been against signing Haynesworth for the past four or five years, but I'm kind of in favor of it now. Haynesworth deserves to be on a team like this.

Haynesworth had one year of that $100 million play, one really good year, and he schlepped the rest. Fisher had more seasons with trouble getting him to play than he did successful seasons.

But I dig the reason you're for him being here.

He had one good year there. He obviously has motivation issues. The reason he was cut in NE was because against the Giants he basically gave up on 3 plays in a row and then got into a shouting match on the sidelines with their coaching staff.

Sound familiar? It should. It's precisely what he did when he was on the Redskins. Remember this play?

haynesworthsleepy.gif

Yeah, that's just what this team needs to right the ship.

I'm with you. No way in the past ... why not this year. Can't get worse...

No but it could show Jim's lack of personnel management abilities.

or maybe Albert needs a sort of speak softly but carry a big stick blank stare type coach

So, does it show Bill Belichick's lack of personnel management abilities? He couldn't turn Albert, Ocho, or Stallworth around in recent years.

Absolutely not. When you are with Bill Belichick, you have a chance to revitalize your career. Belichick changes his defense to fit your strengths. When you get released from a guy who changes his scheme for you, you don't have much to offer.

Thats called hitting the nail on the head right there folks.

Ha ha. I like how the offensive lineman is like, "Should I stay here and keep blocking him? Should I just leave him here and go block somebody else? Is this a trick? Is he gonna get up if I leave?" He's so confused.

Take a closer look at it. The other redskins linemen in the frame who is actually trying would have sacked Vick on pure hustle expect Haynesworth was napping freeing up his guy to block him.

This play exemplifies why i don't want anything to do with this turd. He's everything you don't want in a football player aside from his physical talents (which again, only showed up one year)

Edited by Jaric

Absolutely not. When you are with Bill Belichick, you have a chance to revitalize your career. Belichick changes his defense to fit your strengths. When you get released from a guy who changes his scheme for you, you don't have much to offer.

The difference between us and the patriots is that they have good defensive tackles so he wasn't worth it with his injuries, play, and money that he stood to make. Now all bets are off. We can bring him in this year and start indoctrinating him into the system. If he doesn't start playing better by the middle of next year, we cut ties with him. I would not recommend giving him much of a contract. Perhaps a big contract would involve incentives.

Edited by GoGoColts

From a Public Relations perspective, the Colts should bring him in for a look.

:ttth:

From a PR persespective?

You're kidding right? "Hey Colt fans, I know you all think we've quit on the season so to prove we're still trying we went out and signed a guy who was cut from his last two teams for...quitting...on...yeah nevermind."

Edited by Jaric

We are winless. We could sign the starting dt from the lingerie bowl and I wouldn't care. What's the worse that comes out of it? 0-10? The only red flag for me would be locker room related. However I'm not sure we have anyone he could 'influence' any way.

Here is the problem with the Colts as an organization right now, we don’t need anything outside of what we have or how we do things. This big square box thinking is why the Colts are 0-9 headed for 0-16 as probably the worst team in history. Because without Manning this team is nothing! We don’t want has-beens here on this team, we are to prideful in our 0-9 team. Really? Wasn’t Tommie Harris a has-been? Didn’t the Colts bring in 3 or 4 has beens this offseason? Everyone sure seemed upset when we let him go. Outside of the potential Nevis has showed, the Colts have the worst defensive tackles in football period! Albert wasn’t very effective outside of Tennessee because he was playing NT in a 3-4 Front! He is more effective (see Tennessee) when he is in a four man front and not the anchor in a 3-4 front. The Redskins used a 3-4 Front and Mike Shanahan is not the easiest person to get along with. The Patriots were in a 3-4 then wanted to be in a 4-3, but were in a scheme change transition time and they have no talent on the defensive end side of the football, which is why they brought in everybody and their father to try to play defensive end this offseason. ROBERT MATHIS TRIED TO RECRUIT ALBERT TO COME TO THE COLTS BEFORE HE LEFT TENNESSEE! This team needs some attitude and who’s to say Albert couldn’t provide that? He is at least worth a workout, and a sit down with players, coaches, front office to speak with this guy. With two great defensive ends and an up and coming rookie defensive tackle along side, he would typically see one on one matchups, a guy like that would be drooling to prove his worth and show all the nay sayers wrong. At the very least give the guy a workout, he may surprise a few people.

I don’t think Albert would have much of a say in where he would go now, based on the issues that he has experienced over the last few years. Any team can claim him off waivers by 4:00 p.m. today so what makes you say why would he want to go somewhere? He wants to play in a 4-3 where there are ends capable of pressure, so he can be glorified winning his one on one matchups!

I cant believe you people. No, he's actually not better than Muir or Johnson. I would rather have those guys because they try. Haynesworth is proof positive that size doesnt mean a thing. He's a bigger liability than anything else.

Haynesworth may be a head case and a liability and he very well may not even try. With all that being said he's STILL better than Muir and Johnson. Not really sure how that's even a debate.

Haynesworth may be a head case and a liability and he very well may not even try. With all that being said he's STILL better than Muir and Johnson. Not really sure how that's even a debate.

It doesn't matter how good he is if he laying down taking a nap at the line of scrimmage.

And I will take Muir or Johnson any day. At least I know they aren't going to quit mid play.

Here is the problem with the Colts as an organization right now, we don’t need anything outside of what we have or how we do things. This big square box thinking is why the Colts are 0-9 headed for 0-16 as probably the worst team in history. Because without Manning this team is nothing! We don’t want has-beens here on this team, we are to prideful in our 0-9 team. Really? Wasn’t Tommie Harris a has-been? Didn’t the Colts bring in 3 or 4 has beens this offseason? Everyone sure seemed upset when we let him go. Outside of the potential Nevis has showed, the Colts have the worst defensive tackles in football period! Albert wasn’t very effective outside of Tennessee because he was playing NT in a 3-4 Front! He is more effective (see Tennessee) when he is in a four man front and not the anchor in a 3-4 front. The Redskins used a 3-4 Front and Mike Shanahan is not the easiest person to get along with. The Patriots were in a 3-4 then wanted to be in a 4-3, but were in a scheme change transition time and they have no talent on the defensive end side of the football, which is why they brought in everybody and their father to try to play defensive end this offseason. ROBERT MATHIS TRIED TO RECRUIT ALBERT TO COME TO THE COLTS BEFORE HE LEFT TENNESSEE! This team needs some attitude and who’s to say Albert couldn’t provide that? He is at least worth a workout, and a sit down with players, coaches, front office to speak with this guy. With two great defensive ends and an up and coming rookie defensive tackle along side, he would typically see one on one matchups, a guy like that would be drooling to prove his worth and show all the nay sayers wrong. At the very least give the guy a workout, he may surprise a few people.

Both the Patriots and the Redskins set things up so that Albert would only do the things he wanted to do (rush the passer) and then he decided he didn't even want to do that.

Those of you who want him here should read this:

Jim Haslett describes Albert Haynesworth in a nutshell: “He doesn’t want to do anything”

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on June 7, 2011, 5:28 PM EST

Redskins defensive coordinator Jim Haslett swears that he likes Albert Hayesworth. He also is convinced Haynesworth is a good person and will be a great player again once he plays on a four man line.

The problem, as Haslett explained to Howard Balzer on the “Zach and the Coach Show” on 101 ESPN radio in St. Louis, is that Haynesworth just won’t do anything.

“He can do almost anything he wants. He doesn’t want to do anything. To me that’s the issue,” Haslett said. “He’s one of those guys you walk in a meeting and you tell him, ‘Put down the phone.’ The next day you have to tell him to put down the phone. The next day, you tell him to put down the phone.

“You tell him, ‘Don’t read the newspaper in meetings.’ The next day you have to tell him the same thing. It doesn’t stick; it’s an every-day thing.”

Haynesworth basically decided last year he didn’t want to play in a 3-4 defense. The Redskins stubbornly kept him, to their detriment.

“He just didn’t want to play in this scheme. He didn’t want to play in the 3-4,” Haslett continued. “He didn’t want to do the things we wanted. Then we said, ‘OK, if you’re not going to do it, let’s not do it. Let’s play nickel, play the 3-technique.’

“Then, it got to the point where he said, ‘I don’t want to play first- and second-down nickel. I just want to play third-down nickel.’ Oh my God, you’re relegating yourself to 10-15 snaps a game. Then after that he didn’t want to do the blitzes, he just wanted to rush.”

So, basically every negative image you’ve ever had about Haynesworth is true. Got it.

Link

It doesn't matter how good he is if he laying down taking a nap at the line of scrimmage.

And I will take Muir or Johnson any day. At least I know they aren't going to quit mid play.

While I don't disagree. And understand the point others were making, Haynesworths football career far outweighs that of Muir and Johnson combined. The guy is certainly a nutcase but his results speak for themselves.