Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lets talk Seahawks losses

chad72

I felt that the Seahawks losing Golden Tate, Brandon Browner, Walter Thurmond, Sidney Rice, Red Bryant and Chris Clemons does leave the door open for more losses in their schedule.

Despite having re-signed Michael Bennett and having Cliff Avril and Percy Harvin back from injury, the long term impact of losing the depth from the above players is likely to hurt the Seahawks enough that they will not have HFA throughout the NFC.

I think the 49ers take the division this year.

Thoughts???

i disagree. i think seatle still defeats 49ers. the rams and arizona are the teams to watch.

I think they all beat each other up with enough losses in that division that even if the Seahawks split with the 49ers, they will end up with enough losses that the Seahawks won't get to enjoy the 12th man throughout the playoffs.

Ultimately, I have the 49ers winning that division, no matter how they do it. That is my bottom line.

I feel seattle is non of our concern. I see we are in afc and they are nfc worry about teams in afc we an worry about an nfc team in this superbowl.

Thats why this is in the NFL general section.  When you say "our" which our are you talking about?  Because there is more than just Colts fans on this board, especially in the NFL General Section. 

Even with those losses I think the Seahawks are better than the Niners. I actually consider the Arizona D able to be better than the 49ers. I would say watch out for Arizona, but with Palmer they won't do much of anything. Even beating the Seahawks was all defense, Palmer threw 1 TD and 4 picks in the win. 

Won't matter, they are still better coached than most of the top tier teams in the entire league.

John Fox ain't no Pete Carroll (Just for the LOLs). I like Harbaugh, but even he has been out coached hard by Carroll (look at those blow outs!), and my man Payton has lost to him three times now.

How come no one ever likes the Rams in the NFC West? I would take them as a potential threat in the next few years. Let's face it, the NFC West is a juggernaut division, all four teams in that group are going to be playing hard ball. But I like the Rams chances the most cause they have a draft to sit on (Thank you RGIII and Dan Synder), and their defense can be monsters. I like Jeff Fisher even though people always talk so negative of him. He no longer has a crazy owner such as Bud Adams reigning over him, and the Rams would have beat Seattle last year if it weren't for some miraculous plays and bad QB play by the back up in place for that game.

Won't matter, they are still better coached than most of the top tier teams in the entire league.

John Fox ain't no Pete Carroll (Just for the LOLs). I like Harbaugh, but even he has been out coached hard by Carroll (look at those blow outs!), and my man Payton has lost to him three times now.

How come no one ever likes the Rams in the NFC West? I would take them as a potential threat in the next few years. Let's face it, the NFC West is a juggernaut division, all four teams in that group are going to be playing hard ball. But I like the Rams chances the most cause they have a draft to sit on (Thank you RGIII and Dan Synder), and their defense can be monsters. I like Jeff Fisher even though people always talk so negative of him. He no longer has a crazy owner such as Bud Adams reigning over him, and the Rams would have beat Seattle last year if it weren't for some miraculous plays and bad QB play by the back up in place for that game.

The Rams didn't even need to act in free agency their draft is going to be ridiculous, and they already have a great young team who finished with a decent record last year.

As far as Seattle repeats are no easy feat... and they might have a bit of a let down this year.

I agree with Chad that the division is going to beat each other up. Look how good Arizona was last year at the end of the year, and they made some nice moves in FA for the offensive line, which was a weak spot. St. Louis has a lot of talent, they just need one more piece, a real number #1 receiver. I believe with two picks in top 13 they are going to get a great tackle and a very good receiver. There defense toward the end of the year was super. Seattle will regress a bit with the losses they have, but the secondary is good because of the safeties. They make it go, although Sherman is great. Browner got torched against us, he looked better due to who he played with. SF has 11 picks in the draft so they should be much better. In the end though I don't think it matters. After 16 games and having to play each of those teams 2 times in the division, I don't see the club coming out of there and winning it all this year. They are just going to beat each other up imho.

Seattle still has enough pieces with Sherman, Kam, Harvin, Lynch, Wilson, etc. Plus the draft is still looming. They will still win the West. Had the niners gotten Jackson, I would have liked their chances more but I just don't trust Kaep when he plays Seattle. And Carroll seems to have Harbaugh's number. I don't think the other teams in the West are good enough yet to take the division, although I think Arizona could get a WC and potentially knock the niners out.

I still look for Carolina and the Eagles to be threats outside of the West.

Seattle still has enough pieces with Sherman, Kam, Harvin, Lynch, Wilson, etc. Plus the draft is still looming. They will still win the West. Had the niners gotten Jackson, I would have liked their chances more but I just don't trust Kaep when he plays Seattle. And Carroll seems to have Harbaugh's number. I don't think the other teams in the West are good enough yet to take the division, although I think Arizona could get a WC and potentially knock the niners out.

I still look for Carolina and the Eagles to be threats outside of the West.

carolina will regress since they loss too many receivers.

Seattle will be fine, assuming they don't lose too many key players to injury. But if Harvin is healthy, their offense will be better. Their defense won't be as dominant, but will still be among the league's best. I still think they're good enough to win 11 or 12 games. 

If the Niners have some issues on offense -- if Kaepernick is suspended or something like that -- that makes it easier on the Seahawks. But I think the Rams will be better, and the Cardinals will still be tough. Probably still the best division in the league, so it's not a cakewalk for the Seahawks. 

I actually have SF as a team I could see dropping out of the playoffs entirely, no joke. Same with Carolina. But, even if they make it I look for the trend of SF making the title game to probably end soon.

I think the Rams or Cards will rise up and take the second spot in the West behind Seattle if not even the first spot depending on if the Seahawks have any sort of SB hangover but until that team can be beaten more often in Seattle you have to like their chances. Almost seems like they are penciled in to win at least 7 at home. Then you throw in a handful of road wins for the Hawks and there you have it.....playoffs.

I like the Giants in the East to win the changes every year crap division. Giants, like the Steelers often work in cycles. It also smells like a New York year to me.....Romo will fight hard but it won't be enough, everyone else will blow it around him at times.

Saints take the South. They probably should have last year and they now will have more defense consistently to go with Brees. Heck they won a road playoff game even and gave Seattle a really tough one.....

Pack take the North, heck they took the North last year with Rodgers missing all that time and all those guys out. Besides, they even gave the 49ers a close game in the playoffs......and the signing of Peppers tells me they remember that defense is to be played.

Browner was a non factor since the emergence of maxwell, that guy plays hard. That secondary still has kam, so they will be fine.

Golden Tate and Rice are not huge either since Kearse is going to take over that role.

Clemons was getting up there in age and I doubt at this point in his career he can get his top form back, plus last year he was plagued with injuries.

Only loss I see honestly was Red Bryant, that guy always played hard in the middle.

Browner and Thurmond had already been replaced by the end of the season by Maxwell and Lane, Harvin is already a big upgrade over Tate and they expect Kearse to be able to replace him as well, Rice missed half the season anyway and he may yet re-sign, Clemons hasn't been the same player since the ACL injury, and there are several young DL on the roster they believe are capable of replacing Bryant. The Seahawks roster was so loaded last year that they have a number of young players who could have played for many teams who were on the IR or played sparingly in 2013 but will be expected to contribute in 2014. They may actually be even younger in 2014 than the team that was the youngest to ever win a Super Bowl and are still the team to beat in the NFC.

I felt that the Seahawks losing Golden Tate, Brandon Browner, Walter Thurmond, Sidney Rice, Red Bryant and Chris Clemons does leave the door open for more losses in their schedule.

Thoughts???

They have the depth to absorb all of those losses with no impact. 

49ers are getting Lattimore and Carridine back and should have big roles next season, and they have 11 draft picks( 6 picks in the top 100). Going to be exciting to watch what they do with those picks and how Carridine and Lattimore come back. They should be reloaded and ready to go.

Seattle will be fine. It usually takes more than one offseason of roster attrition to derail a SB-competing team. They have some big FA deals to work out soon and it'll take another year or two for that picture to come into focus.