Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Grigs Expects Lance Louis to Compete for Starting Job

Bluefire4

He's not even a free agent, and he's the only center people HERE care about because he's the biggest name.

Because the other centers haven't been signed right away doesn't mean teams aren't interested. Maybe they're waiting to see how the draft shakes out before they make a move. The reason I'm worried about us is because Grigson has already made it clear he doesn't plan to do anything else with the line in free agency, despite the talent that's still out there. If we struggle at center again this year and once again have to watch guys like Goodwin and De La Puente go to other teams and play at a high level, I don't see how you can make anymore excuses for Grigson. This season will tell it all, in my opinion

Then maybe Grigson is doing the same. Waiting until after the draft. Just cause he says he's done, doesn't mean he is. He simply said his focus is on college tape right now. We could still sign more players after the draft if that's what they wish to do

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then maybe Grigson is doing the same. Waiting until after the draft. Just cause he says he's done, doesn't mean he is. He simply said his focus is on college tape right now. We could still sign more players after the draft if that's what they wish to do

Maybe. But I doubt it. Grigson is pretty straight-forward, and there's nothing to suggest he wasn't serious when saying he looked at all the free agent centers and not liking any of them remaining (which in itself is alarming, since he signed Costa) They might make a few low level moves after the draft but I doubt they sign anyone who could crack the starting lineup on the offensive line

"Gavin's 16,000 plus posts are reason to dismiss his opinion."

Think before you post, Shall we dismiss others opinions based on high post counts?

You telling me to think before I post is high comedy.

It is not your high post count that causes me to dismiss your opinion.  It is the # of bad posts within those 16K that gives me pause.

It is like you don`t know Thomas was never able to crack the starting lineup anywhere and was just an improving backup.

Grigson took a Shot on him is all.

You're kidding me, right? did you not watch him during the preseason and week 1?!?! He had flawless technique, very strong, and rarely made a misread. He was def not a backup, go and look at the tape. Yeah he got injured, but that in no way means he wasn't good when he was healthy. Thomas is BY FAR our best lineman when he was healthy

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, April 1, 2014 - by request of poster
Hidden by Nadine, April 1, 2014 - by request of poster

I have an opinion based on what I have seen from Louis, If you dont like it....well thats your problem not mine, I think your efforts would be better placed in hoping Im wrong...I hope I am

Who is this "HUGHES" you keep referring to on the OL?????  By the way, Louis is better than backups of the past for sure.

This was my post Gavin...radiogirl was logged in and I replied

Gavin, on 30 Mar 2014 - 1:02 PM, said:snapback.png

I have an opinion based on what I have seen from Louis, If you dont like it....well thats your problem not mine, I think your efforts would be better placed in hoping Im wrong...I hope I am

Who is this "HUGHES" you keep referring to on the OL?????  By the way, Louis is better than backups of the past for sure.

Obviously not everyone on the roster is expected to win a starting job.  But compete?  Well, here's a list of all the players I DON'T expect to compete for a starting job next season:

Matt Hasselbeck

Given Reggie's injury, you're not far off. AC, Cherilus, Hilton, Landry, Davis, Jackson, Freeman, Mathis and Jones are all likely starters. Everyone else has to a) be healthy, and b) earn it.

Given Reggie's injury, you're not far off. AC, Cherilus, Hilton, Landry, Davis, Jackson, Freeman, Mathis and Jones are all likely starters. Everyone else has to a) be healthy, and b) earn it.

I was wondering if they do not start Redding instead of Jones to keep the sweat rolling after warm-ups for the old fella :)  We will rotate a ton IMO.

I was wondering if they do not start Redding instead of Jones to keep the sweat rolling after warm-ups for the old fella :)  We will rotate a ton IMO.

I could see them starting Redding and Jones together, depending on the opponent. Redding only played 64% of snaps last year, and I don't remember him being hurt at all.

This was my post Gavin...radiogirl was logged in and I replied

Gavin, on 30 Mar 2014 - 1:02 PM, said:snapback.png

Not sure I can find a post I referred to Hughes, Unless you mean Hugh Thornton