Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Grigs Expects Lance Louis to Compete for Starting Job

Bluefire4

Colts GM Ryan Grigson expects OG Lance Louis to compete for a starting job.

It's high praise for a player currently signed to a reserve/future contract, but Louis has 28 games of starting experience and missed the majority of the last two seasons recovering from ACL surgery. At worst, Louis should provide quality depth on the Colts offensive line. Louis has the potential to be an upgrade on RG Hugh Thornton when healthy.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know much about him. Was he any good when he started?

I saw someone mention that we(Colts) thought he was the best O-lineman the Bears had during Luck's first game. If that is what Grigson saw and he is healthy then... I am all for this guy knocking our socks off.

However, the Bears O-line has always been suspect until recently so... who knows.

Who in the name of apple juice is Lance Louis & when did we sign him?!!!!

:reaction:

Lance Louis played on the Bears team in 2012 when Luck was a rookie. Grigson said he was the Best Olineman the Bears had. He ended up getting injured later that season and has been on the mend ever since. We signed him to a reserve/futures contract on 1/15/14. Great signing with little cost... He is gonna earn his paycheck as a backup/possible starter.

Lance Louis played on the Bears team in 2012 when Luck was a rookie. Grigson said he was the Best Olineman the Bears had. He ended up getting injured later that season and has been on the mend ever since. We signed him to a reserve/futures contract on 1/15/14. Great signing with little cost... He is gonna earn his paycheck as a backup/possible starter.

:thanks:

The competition wouldn't be against Thomas, he is by far our best lineman. It would most likely be against Thornton. Even if Thornton ends up getting it, which I'm sure he will, Louis will be a great backup to have

The competition wouldn't be against Thomas, he is by far our best lineman. It would most likely be against Thornton. Even if Thornton ends up getting it, which I'm sure he will, Louis will be a great backup to have

Thomas is not the best lineman

do you really not know this

I suspect most people on this website don't know this.

He's got a low profile (as most interior lineman do)  and his injury has kept him off the radar of most for nearly two years.

And the Colts signed him in January, after we were eliminated, and when many fans check out because their team is not playing anymore.

When it was announced,  there was a small thread where most proclaimed that Louis was nothing more than a camp body and he'd never make the team.    I don't think TK is alone by any means....

But, you may see it differently......

WE NEED TALENT! Not bums off the scrap heap. I wonder if Ryan Grigson understands who the Franchise player is on this team.

Hey Grigson its not you, former NFL exec. of the Year its Andrew Luck. Why do you feel the need to get Olinemen from the Flea

Market. Washed up bums, Hint try getting Talent for the Oline, I bet it'll work wonders. The Colts have had many Great Olinemen

in their history. To bad Ryan Grigson will never add to that history, penny wise and pound foolish. If Andrew Luck has his career

ruined, Colts fans will know right where to look, Franchise QBs grow on trees where Grigson lives.

Draft some Talent for the Oline.

WE NEED TALENT! Not bums off the scrap heap. I wonder if Ryan Grigson understands who the Franchise player is on this team.

Hey Grigson its not you, former NFL exec. of the Year its Andrew Luck. Why do you feel the need to get Olinemen from the Flea

Market. Washed up bums, Hint try getting Talent for the Oline, I bet it'll work wonders. The Colts have had many Great Olinemen

in their history. To bad Ryan Grigson will never add to that history, penny wise and pound foolish. If Andrew Luck has his career

ruined, Colts fans will know right where to look, Franchise QBs grow on trees where Grigson lives.

Just simply a troll

Grigs your nuts. Louis was trash. Ask any bears fan

Come on kid - be smarter than that. All Grigson is saying is that he really liked Louis when he was healthy. If he can get back to form, they get a good player on the cheap at a positin that is needed. Where is the harm?

You are right, The Colt's have had some good o-lineman over the years and one of the best that comes to mind was an undrafted free agent that we got off of baltimore's scrap heap. That player is Jeff Saturday !!

I'm just worried about Grigson's penchant for going after players with injury red flags. He gambled like this last year with Toler, Bradshaw and Thomas, and got bit in the butt on all 3. He hasn't appeared to learn from it at all. Louis, Costa and Nicks this year. Sure, they're low-risk from a monetary standpoint, but when you lack depth, those acquisitions become more of a necessity to contribute than you would like for a player with a history of missing significant time due to injury

I'm just worried about Grigson's penchant for going after players with injury red flags. He gambled like this last year with Toler, Bradshaw and Thomas, and got bit in the butt on all 3. He hasn't appeared to learn from it at all. Louis, Costa and Nicks this year. Sure, they're low-risk from a monetary standpoint, but when you lack depth, those acquisitions become more of a necessity to contribute than you would like for a player with a history of missing significant time due to injury

Let civilty reign...

Maybe there is something to saying that those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it. However can't you also argue that football just happens. I mean Thomas tore his quad and there nothing in his past to suggest Grigson should have known that he was in danger of such a major injury. Same with Bradshaw - foot issues previously and then a neck?

I would also argue that Grigson is building a team like any other GM would do. Everyone takes chances on players like Louis who are cheap and if they regain form, they get a good player at low cost. If they do not work out there is virtually no risk. I fail to see the harm.

Bears fans all said that Louis was the one O-lineman they wanted to bring back, when they wanted to cut everyone else on the O-line.

Exactly. I don't know why people try so hard to show their ignorance. I've talked to a couple knowledgeable Bear fans who said we have a steal - IF he stays healthy. And if he gets hurt, it's not like we spent a lot.

Great move by Grigs.

I suspect most people on this website don't know this.

He's got a low profile (as most interior lineman do) and his injury has kept him off the radar of most for nearly two years.

And the Colts signed him in January, after we were eliminated, and when many fans check out because their team is not playing anymore.

When it was announced, there was a small thread where most proclaimed that Louis was nothing more than a camp body and he'd never make the team. I don't think TK is alone by any means....

But, you may see it differently......

its surprising to me that anyone who marginally follows the colts doesn't know this

Grigs your nuts. Louis was trash. Ask any bears fan

I know tons of Bear fans that disagree wholeheartedly with this.....

I mentioned Louis in another thread...he can also play center if needed....I hope he is healthy.  He must be since Grigs took a flyer on him.  Good for us if he produces.  I will not say he is trash until I watch him.