Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manziel is already in a commercial? Okay, timeout.

ReMeDy

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-path-to-the-draft/0ap2000000335526/Manziel-teams-with-LeBron-in-McDonald-s-ad (analysts discussing the commercial)

The analysts in the second video disagree this means anything, but that's like going back in time to the Ryan Leaf draft and saying Leaf going to Vegas doesn't mean anything either. RGIII was also in several commercials early, and we saw how that turned out. I still remember RGIII doing commercials for Nike just because he posted a fast 40 time. In comparison, Andrew Luck rarely does anything of the sort and isn't (as) obsessed with money if he's too cheap to replace his flip phone.

If Manziel wants to go the Peyton Manning route and be in commercials AFTER he's successful, then I'm fine with that. For now, he needs to concentrate exclusively on football and not kiss up to McDonalds. I guess I'm one of those old guys the analysts mentioned preaching football constantly, but measuring how much a "QB wants it" is hard to do, so cherry-picking is necessary. I think he's a bust even before this commercial. This commercial just reaffirms it.

RGIII 2.0 and he'll be equally as disappointing i still laugh when i see his dumb subway commercials official training restaurant of an inaccurate,run happy quarterback who's made of glass...bet their sales dropped a little Manziel  is going to be terrible i hope somehow the texans take him ill enjoy watching Mathis make him eat dirt

RGIII 2.0 and he'll be equally as disappointing i still laugh when i see his dumb subway commercials official training restaurant of an inaccurate,run happy quarterback who's made of glass...bet their sales dropped a little Manziel  is going to be terrible i hope somehow the texans take him ill enjoy watching Mathis make him eat dirt

Prime example of why periods and proper sentence structure are important.

You think RG3 is made of glass?    Really?

He got blasted in the open field by 340 pound Haloti Nnata.    I don't blame anyone for getting hurt by HN.

I think RG3 will be fine with the right coaching.

Now, Johnny Manziel,  HE'S  a whole other story altogether!    Not....  a....   fan.

Johnny Manziel wasn't prominently featured in the ad meaning that he was trying to equal LeBron James star power let alone be his sidekick so I'm okay with it. 

I do agree with ReMeDy though. In general, a QB should prove that they can hang with the big boys in the NFL for 1 season before they sign on to any large marketing deals to pitch products just like Luck did. 

Jvan has point too. I can't slam a guy for being a pure capitalist.

Me, I just would want to verify that I belong in this league 1st because if Johnny falls flat on his face his rookie year any commercials will haunt him when he has done nothing on this plateau yet the pinnacle of professional football. Translation: Lay low & just master the playbook 1st Mr. Manziel. 

Yes, I realize he hasn't been drafted yet. I don't expect Johnny to be a monk or a saint. He can cut loose a little bit just stay in shape & keep your nose clean with no incidents from now til May 8th. 

He got blasted in the open field by 340 pound Haloti Nnata.    I don't blame anyone for getting hurt by HN.

Now, Johnny Manziel,  HE'S  a whole other story altogether!    Not....  a....   fan.

Griffin has had what, 3 seperate and devastating knee injuries in 5 years? Plus other dings. He's injury prone.

Here is a scathing review of manziel.  This was rough.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:10632465

Can Merril Hoge & Skip Bayless argue over Johnny's projected success or failure at the next level? I'd love to watch that bloodbath ensue live on TV. SW1 has got my popcorn ready.  :lol:

Can Merrill also be asked if he still thinks RG3 is a better QB than Luck now? If he admits he was wrong, I will forgive him & applaud him for his wisdom. If not, the claws come out. 

Can Merril Hoge & Skip Bayless argue over Johnny's projected success or failure at the next level? I'd love to watch that bloodbath ensue live on TV. SW1 has got my popcorn ready. :lol:

Can Merrill also be asked if he still thinks RG3 is a better QB than Luck now? If he admits he was wrong, I will forgive him & applaud him for his wisdom. If not, the claws come out.

Those two in the same room would cause the world to implode in on itself.

Those two in the same room would cause the world to implode in on itself.

Yeah, you're exactly right it would Gandalf. I'd still watch the supernova explosion though. I might go blind, but what the hades it would be worth it to know that Skip's foolishness is gone forever. LOL! 

His crazy predictions do crack me up though. I can't lie. Skip is like the town cryer. No one takes him seriously, but if he disappeared tomorrow, you'd have to go through all the hassle of selecting a new TV clown & that's no fun either. 

Johnny Manziel is going to be a beast

I hope for his sake that Johnny has a fantastic pro day to offset the damaging report of Archie asking him to leave the Manning QB camp. 

You don't screw around with the 1st family of football & not expect serious repercussions to follow. I do wish Manziel well though.

Just treat the Manning's like royalty & don't disrespect them by being hung over. Man, that was a colossally dumb move on Johnny's part. Sigh...

Prime example of why periods and proper sentence structure are important.

yall jusrt let me be i dont gots no fancy book learnin. no but seriously if you want to go all grammar police  :mod: have fun with that i don't care enough to right my posts like a midterm get over yourself...get it right instead of write :hat: 

let me clarify i don't like him therefore i insult him mostly just agitation at the fact he won the Heisman and ROTY when i thought Andrew Luck clearly deserved both for simply being the better player therefore i write slightly inaccurate opinions insulting someone i dislike like EVERYONE else in the world :hat:

you know the more and more i read your post it doesnt come off as mean or rude like the one criticizing my sentence structure  (which he is correct is just awful) so i apologize for ranting just nothing better to do today no thrilling colts news is turning me into a jerk

you know the more and more i read your post it doesnt come off as mean or rude like the one criticizing my sentence structure  (which he is correct is just awful) so i apologize for ranting just nothing better to do today no thrilling colts news is turning me into a jerk

Nick.....

No worries....     I wasn't trying to be a jerk....  (although, sometimes I am one even when I'm not trying!)

I was just wondering out loud....      thanks for the posts in response....

It's all good!       :thmup:

I do believe he had two

You maybe right.........

But, after my last post, I thought there were two incidents in the NFL.

The first when RG3 got hurt...   scrambling, running and then getting hit by Nnata...

Then,  in the playoff game,  when he got wrapped up and his knee buckled as he fell back over...   

So, I wasn't sure if you were counting two incidents in the NFL and one knee in college?    Either way,  your point is noted.....

I still think RG3 has the makings of a good QB.    But I never thought he'd be as good as Luck.   I never even think to compare them.     I think Luck is better....   dramatically better.

yall jusrt let me be i dont gots no fancy book learnin. no but seriously if you want to go all grammar police  :mod: have fun with that i don't care enough to right my posts like a midterm get over yourself...get it right instead of write :hat:

im not trying to be grammar police, but differentiating the seperation between your thoughts was rough in that structure.  I had to stop and reading it break it up so i could understand what you were talking about.   Its really not difficult to hit the "." button.

Griffin has had what, 3 seperate and devastating knee injuries in 5 years? Plus other dings. He's injury prone.

Absolutely agree, if not for his height, Manziel is as good a prospect simply because he has never had injury concerns. Lot's of peopl talking about how he is going to get killed in the NFL, well guess what, he played in the SEC and never got hurt. 

Absolutely agree, if not for his height, Manziel is as good a prospect simply because he has never had injury concerns. Lot's of peopl talking about how he is going to get killed in the NFL, well guess what, he played in the SEC and never got hurt.

Yeah, two years in the SEC is exactly like a long career in the NFL

I don't think this has anything to do with what he'll do in the pros. These criticisms always feel forced and strained, IMO.

People just use this kind of criticism because they just do not like the player and will reach for anything to bash them.  He is well known and marketable from his time in college and it is easy money for him to do a commercial.  It was not a big deal with RG3 did and it is not a big deal now.  If you are marketable and want to get paid you do a commercial.  Him doing a commercial has no affect on what he will do as a pro.

People just use this kind of criticism because they just do not like the player and will reach for anything to bash them.  He is well known and marketable from his time in college and it is easy money for him to do a commercial.  It was not a big deal with RG3 did and it is not a big deal now.  If you are marketable and want to get paid you do a commercial.  Him doing a commercial has no affect on what he will do as a pro.

I wonder if there is anywhere where we can get information on how many commercials a QB did in his first 3 or 5 years as a pro (starting with the end of his last college season) and see how he turned out.