Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Emmanuel Sanders to Broncos

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It is something I had talked about earlier.

Not having the same kind of receiver. Demaryius Thomas, Julius Thomas and Eric Decker were tall big wideouts only one of whom had any kind of breakaway speed, DT. Having too many of one kind can hurt you against physical CBs that know you cannot run past them. You have to play off a speedy wideout like T.Y. or Mike Wallace or Antonio Brown (shame the Steelers could not keep both Wallace and Brown).

For every smart Wayne underneath that takes the #1 CB, you need a speedy T.Y., so if Sherman takes care of Wayne, you let T.Y. run past Brandon Browner.

Now, with their wideout corp, DT and JT are one kind while Emmanuel Sanders is the other kind that can be a recipient of double moves, something Sherman alluded to that Peyton did not do enough of in the SB. Welker is the continual sneaky slot threat. Decker did not bring the "take your top off" dimension, Emmanuel Sanders does. Plus, once you have 2 wideouts that can threaten to take the top off like DT and Sanders, chances are the run opens up and so will the routes underneath. The underneath of JT and Welker was clogged by the Seahawks, mainly because they rotated one safety towards DT, and had one safety close to the box that they knew could easily recover should Decker catch anything underneath as he wasn't going to threaten them deep. So, that second safety staying close helped them man the slot too.

The real question is, can the OL of the Broncos hold up to take advantage of the mismatches their wideouts can bring to the table? It will be answered in next year's playoffs. For some reason, I am feeling a Colts-Broncos AFCCG in the dome.

Actually, Sanders is a much better answer to the way Seattle wants to play than Decker is.  Confront physicality with speed and separation.  Elway is paying attention and making all the right moves.

Yeah, you're right, Denver hasn't had a blow off the top kind of guy. Will be interesting to see how he produces with Manning in that offense.

Good move for them. Denver will be very hard to beat this year

Strong move...if he's healthy.....I think he had foot problems before last year....he is fast and runs back kicks.

I think that's it for my man Trindan Holliday....he wont be back

The one thing Denver lacks from scrimmage is speed...

...and again...the Broncos have the money because they didnt resign  about 10 guys from last season.. incldung Champ, Decker, Zane Beadles, Woodyard, Cromartie, Moreno.... Kuper retired

Folks on TV keep saying they have no cap room but they do

The real question is, can the OL of the Broncos hold up to take advantage of the mismatches their wideouts can bring to the table? It will be answered in next year's playoffs. For some reason, I am feeling a Colts-Broncos AFCCG in the dome.

Dont forget

'Dollar Bill" and Shady Tom Brady....they can bank on 6-0 in their division

Dont forget

'Dollar Bill" and Shady Tom Brady....they can bank on 6-0 in their division

Yeah. I hope the Colts make a dent in that Big 2 of the Broncos-Patriots and hopefully the Pats run into the Ravens for an early upset. ;)

Yeah. I hope the Colts make a dent in that Big 2 of the Broncos-Patriots and hopefully the Pats run into the Ravens for an early upset. ;)

You could be right..Colts could go 6-0 in their division, too :thmup: and Denver probably wont..

..but the Broncos are very serious about winning the NFL title next year and they don't care who knows it..

I look forward to see that matchup in the regular season, should be a good game.

I haven't heard of Seattle making too many moves other than releasing people, but man... the Broncos sure have. It will make this rematch interesting to say the least.

I haven't heard of Seattle making too many moves other than releasing people, but man... the Broncos sure have. It will make this rematch interesting to say the least.

Yeah, I can't imagine Peyton getting blown out a second time. This matchup will be in Seattle, and I bet they make it the Thursday night kickoff game to start 2014 season.

Yeah, I can't imagine Peyton getting blown out a second time. This matchup will be in Seattle, and I bet they make it the Thursday night kickoff game to start 2014 season.

As good as Denver's offense was until the Super Bowl... their defense was terrible. I think it will be a closer game, but it is hard to go against Seattle especially if it is in Seattle. I have yet to see the schedule of home and away games which are out. It is a matter of when the games happen.

I hope you are right......'12'  .....The debut of the new CBS Thursday contract with the NFL????    That would be a record breaking TV event....

....Denver needs a chance to flip that script as early as possible....because that stink wont wash off until they do

Seattle better worry about Philadelphia

Foles needs to play more than one season before I declare the Eagles a threat to dethrone Seattle. I also need to see all these parts in motion for Denver before I declare them the greatest team ever. You can sign Jesus, the Loch Ness Monster, Santa Clause, and Freddy Kruger, but if those guys don't equate to rings and trophies then nobody will remember or care.

Well, they sure will hope one of 2 outcomes won't happen - another blowout by Seahawks, or another defending SB champ to be slayed on opening day by Peyton and his passing like the Ravens last year. Everyone wants a close game, no matter who wins.

For those reasons, I think they go with Giants or 49ers at home for the Seahawks. Broncos-Seahawks will be played later on NBC. Even if you put the Rams on opening day vs the Seahawks, the ratings will be high enough because it is opening day. It is good business to keep that rating bonanza from the Broncos-Seahawks hyped up enough for sometime during the middle of the season, IMO.

Foles needs to play more than one season before I declare the Eagles a threat to dethrone Seattle. I also need to see all these parts in motion for Denver before I declare them the greatest team ever. You can sign Jesus, the Loch Ness Monster, Santa Clause, and Freddy Kruger, but if those guys don't equate to rings and trophies then nobody will remember or care.

Appreciating the hyperbole..

If you look at Philadelphia with McCoy, Macklin, Sproyles and Cooper in that insane college offense...and don't see major problems for everyone in the NFC...

..you need to rethink it

I hope you are right......'12'  .....The debut of the new CBS Thursday contract with the NFL????    That would be a record breaking TV event....

....Denver needs a chance to flip that script as early as possible....because that stink wont wash off until they do

Oh yeah that's right CBS is doing the Thursday night games the first half of the year, and NFL network the second half.

If you look at Philadelphia with McCoy, Macklin, Sproyles and Cooper in that insane college offense...and don't see major problems for everyone in the NFC...

..you need to rethink it

..you need to rethink it

I don't think the Eagles would even make the playoffs if they were in the NFC West. I think they will run away with the East, but I don't think they will be representing the NFC in the Super Bowl. Insane offensive possibilities or not. I'm excited to see what Sproles does though. Should be fun.

Well, they sure will hope one of 2 outcomes won't happen - another blowout by Seahawks, or another defending SB champ to be slayed on opening day by Peyton and his passing like the Ravens last year. Everyone wants a close game, no matter who wins.

For those reasons, I think they go with Giants or 49ers at home for the Seahawks. Broncos-Seahawks will be played later on NBC. Even if you put the Rams on opening day vs the Seahawks, the ratings will be high enough because it is opening day. It is good business to keep that rating bonanza from the Broncos-Seahawks hyped up enough for sometime during the middle of the season, IMO.

Yeah, that makes sense. They always make it a good matchup to start the season, probably 49ers vs Seahawks if your right about them wanting to keep the Broncos game hyped up.