Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

spoiled we are.

csmopar

Just got back from talking to my neighbor who's 74 and a huge Bengals and Colts fan. You should see his garage. Anyway, we got talking about the signings the colts got and how it seems a lot of players are saying the atmosphere and the environment is amazing and that. Indy is the place to be. We also got talking bout the Irsays and the changes the Colts have gone through.

Then my neighbor made the comment that it has done a 180 from what players thought of the colts in the 80s even before the move. He said used to, players did not want to cone to Indy. So we need to think about how hard and long it took to turn around.

Just some food for thought while we are arguing about a signing or two we may not like. It could b a lot worse.

Just got back from talking to my neighbor who's 74 and a huge Bengals and Colts fan. You should see his garage. Anyway, we got talking about the signings the colts got and how it seems a lot of players are saying the atmosphere and the environment is amazing and that. Indy is the place to be. We also got talking bout the Irsays and the changes the Colts have gone through.

Then my neighbor made the comment that it has done a 180 from what players thought of the colts in the 80s even before the move. He said used to, players did not want to cone to Indy. So we need to think about how hard and long it took to turn around.

Just some food for thought while we are arguing about a signing or two we may not like. It could b a lot worse.

Indeed...before Bill got here...and Peyton and company built this franchise up and created a culture of success it was like the nfl graveyard for players...where they went to see their career die. Once Bill put together a successful team and Peyton put fans in the seats we finally got a new facility..and now we see the fruit of it all.....what Peyton did for this franchise....seriously guys we would be no better than Jacksonville without him...small market...no winning legacy...no facilities.

I hope someday they rename the field after him. Lucas Oil Stadium, Peyton Manning Field. This is the same organization Elway ran away from and likely Luck might have done the same thing...or at least pulled a Eli Manning and forced a trade.

Indeed...before Bill got here...and Peyton and company built this franchise up and created a culture of success it was like the nfl graveyard for players...where they went to see their career die. Once Bill put together a successful team and Peyton put fans in the seats we finally got a new facility..and now we see the fruit of it all.....what Peyton did for this franchise....seriously guys we would be no better than Jacksonville without him...small market...no winning legacy...no facilities.

I hope someday they rename the field after him. Lucas Oil Stadium, Peyton Manning Field. This is the same organization Elway ran away from and likely Luck might have done the same thing...or at least pulled a Eli Manning and forced a trade.

We would be in LA without him.......shows the value of a true franchise QB. Proud that he and I were in our primes together :)

Don't underestimate the job hat Jim Irsay has done reshaping the reputation of his franchise. His father drug it through the mud. Say what you want about Jim but he made the moves, like hiring Bill Tobin, then Bill Polian and now Grigson in order to put his stamp on things. You are right, John Elway ran from this franchise. Stood in front of the world and said, I don't want to play for the Irsay's. That's how bad it was. Kudos to Jim.

yes alot of us are. we expect greatness and for the most part we get it but im very proud of my team and this great organization and I will back anyone that wears the horseshoe until they prove that they should not i'm guilty of being a jerk sometimes like with our o linemen last year but we as fans need to back our team and welcome the new players and give them a shot,a chance before we criticize if they suck fine but if they play well even better now lets go get that frigging lombardi! :lombardi::coltshelmet::coltslogo: :whatever:

Doesnt matter what happens it could always be worse. ( we could be a browns or raiders fan)

Do you think their fans feel worse about their respective teams relative to how we feel about the Colts?

If that was your meaning, I'm not entirely convinced of its validity. ;)

Dude colts were good with johnny unitus...back wen they played in baltimore. I.knowits not indy but still same team just differen :-) location. Every yewm could use what ur saying... not every team was good right from the get go!!!

I'm more interested in this dude's garage!

I'll get a picture next time I'm over there. I think he has every piece of fandom the Bengals and colts have. He even has a poster with the 1984/85 team signatures from the first game played in Indy