Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: Hakeem Nicks flying to visit Colts tomorrow

Dustin

O-line vs. Receiver - which is the most pressing need? It's obvious that O-line is the more pressing need.

O-line vs. Receiver - which segment has better FA available? It would appear that the Colts FO feels that it's receiver.

I would also agree with them. What FA linemen are available and are as good in their position as Nicks is in his position? I think this year's Free Agency is a weak pool for O-linemen. To forego Nicks for lesser O-line talent might not make much sense, IMO.

As far as the G position goes we missed the boat last season, there were several quality guards that went at bargain prices .... this season the choices seem very limited.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What don't make sense...is signing a guy at a position that isn't a need simple because he's available.

I think that's where you and the FO may differ. They DO see it as a position of need. Wayne is on the final year of his contract, and coming off of a knee injury. They know he will not be around forever and will need to look for his replacement. His production, along with every aging player will decline. This may be that opportunity to find a replacement. And the signing of Nicks does not negate the ability to sign additional linemen.

As far as the G position goes we missed the boat last season, there were several quality guards that went at bargain prices .... this season the choices seem very limited.

Exactly!!! That was the prime free agency period to have built the O-line. I feel this may be a good opportunity to solidify the receiving corps for when Reggie hangs them up. The O-line selections seem limited and maybe that's why we're not seeing the type of action that we'd want.

I think that's where you and the FO may differ. They DO see it as a position of need. Wayne is on the final year of his contract, and coming off of a knee injury. They know he will not be around forever and will need to look for his replacement. His production, along with every aging player will decline. This may be that opportunity to find a replacement. And the signing of Nicks does not negate the ability to sign additional linemen.

wr is a need but Center is a massive need

Hey what's up colts nation ..been a long time reader maybe like 5 years but it's my first time posting . I figure to join it sense all this free agency madness got me exited about how our colts will do this year . By the way .. We' ve come along way huh from Curtis painter lol wow and that year ... Ok well I came to say that I haven't been hearing a name that could help us out and it will be cheap ..Emmanuel Sanders ..the guy is good and got some hands , he doesn't need to be our number 1 Wr which gives us time to find a true number 1 receiver .. Ps be easy on me it's my first time

wr is a need but Center is a massive need

Absolutely agree.

But the disparity in how good Nicks is vs. the how good the available O-linemen are is vast. Nicks is one of the best available FA players. Mack is too, but; a) not really available, b) too high of a price for a center.

Hey what's up colts nation ..been a long time reader maybe like 5 years but it's my first time posting . I figure to join it sense all this free agency madness got me exited about how our colts will do this year . By the way .. We' ve come along way huh from Curtis painter lol wow and that year ... Ok well I came to say that I haven't been hearing a name that could help us out and it will be cheap ..Emmanuel Sanders ..the guy is good and got some hands , he doesn't need to be our number 1 Wr which gives us time to find a true number 1 receiver .. Ps be easy on me it's my first time

Welcome! I hope you enjoy it here :highfive2:

Welcome Aboard!

As for Sanders, I'd rather not as he's more of a slot guy. We have that well covered.

My biggest concern with bringing in Nicks is potentially polluting our WR corps with a diva attitude (some comments that have been made about him). One of the things that's been a constant since Marvin and now Reggie, is a WR corps that comes in, works their * off and doesn't diva it up. I wouldn't want a loudmouth WR in our locker room.

My biggest concern with bringing in Nicks is potentially polluting our WR corps with a diva attitude (some comments that have been made about him). One of the things that's been a constant since Marvin and now Reggie, is a WR corps that comes in, works their * off and doesn't diva it up. I wouldn't want a loudmouth WR in our locker room.

I heard from Giants fans that he has a good attitude and good work ethic. He worked hard at his craft and essentially helped the Giants win a Super Bowl. And the reward for his hard work-- Cruz getting a large contract extension. Not that he wasn't happy for Cruz, but it soured his relationship with the Giant's FO. That's when the "Diva" stuff began to appear.

I don't think that will be the case here though, but you never know.

Thanks you guys for the welcome ...on Emmanuel sanders I figure he can be a way better version on Donnie Avery type ...almost like right in the middle between an outside and a slot receiver .. Remember TY looks like a slot all day but he can line up on the outside or gets motioned ( madden lol ) and do damage on the outside ..I think sanders can also . Desean Jackson is another one ..Looks like nothing more than a slot but he will kill you from everywhere .. I know I sound like Emmanule sanders agent lol but I think he could help out with his skill assets .. Dexter mcluster was another one I had my eyes on .The guy is fast and just wiggly , would've loved to see me on the colts . KR ? Maybe Hester or not ..

Say what you like about my post/opinion...hell say what you like period. What you post or say is your opinion, like an *...EVERYBODY GOT ONE.

Brilliant retort.

And BTW, a one year $3.5 million is a prove it contract. A 2 year $16 million dollar deal is one that no gm would do for nicks.

I can be your mentor if you want as it appears to be necessary.

XBoX 360 was the clear winner of the last generation of gaming. It remains to be seen with "next-gen" system will be victorious. They both have pro's and con's (I have an Xbox One, and love everything about it) Though, if you really want to get everything you can out of gaming, you'd want to do it on PC.

On topic, I wouldn't be against bringing Hakeem Nicks in. Obviously, I wouldn't be giving any expensive long term contract, but a fairly inexpensive 1-2 year deal wouldn't bother me. If he's back to normal he could be great for our offense.

Xbox360 came out 2 years before ps3. Which means yeah, they won the battle of best gen console at the time because there was no other next gen available besides it.

Absolutely agree.

But the disparity in how good Nicks is vs. the how good the available O-linemen are is vast. Nicks is one of the best available FA players. Mack is too, but; a) not really available, b) too high of a price for a center.

Not really to high priced for a Center in my opinion in our situation, O Linemen are responsible for keeping your QB clean and opening up running lanes, without them you can have all the skill position toys ya want they dont mean a thing if your QB is on his butt constantly or is running for his life, I agree the disparty between how good Nicks can be and the quality of the O Linemen that is left is a pretty big gap (for the most part....there is still some quality Guards out there. Willie Colone for example....much less quality at Center)