Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Verner visiting Colts today

theanarchist

I'm watching NFL network. One of their reporters just mentioned that Verner was visiting the Colts today, the last team on his list to visit. May not mean a thing but thought I would mention it.

That's interesting, I thought players weren't allowed to visit teams until after 4PM today?

That's interesting, I thought players weren't allowed to visit teams until after 4PM today?

This is true, which leads me to doubt the validity of this report. Players aren't even allowed to talk to teams, let alone visit them. All contact has to be done through the agents. 

I really really hope im wrong BUT if any1is sending a message it"s Davis saying that he's walking

exactly it's not like he's going to go oh man the Colts are talking to Verner I better hurry up and sign for less than what I can get from another team.

This smells like Grigson getting a back up plan in place to cover losing Davis.

Keep in mind when we lost Garcon after trying to keep him in 2012 Grigson had a deal done with Wayne later that night to cover losing Garcon.  Grigson has been good at making sure he has a plan B or C in place if plan A doesn't work out. 

This is true, which leads me to doubt the validity of this report. Players aren't even allowed to talk to teams, let alone visit them. All contact has to be done through the agents. 

probably scheduled a visit through his agent

He personally cannot be in contact at the team at all before 4 P.M. today. Doing so is tampering. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000148425/article/nfl-free-agency-frequently-asked-questions

Direct contact by the player and potential new team is not allowed, Agents also cant have any direct contact......That can easily be interpreted as face to face and not phone I believe