Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will Manning Ever Play Another Nfl Game?

presto123

Will Manning Ever Play Another NFL Game?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Will Manning Ever Play Another NFL Game?

• Yes.......He and we will be back
    • No......Thanks for the great career and the fun ride.

I think he'll play again, but I suspect that this may sharply reduce the number of seasons he has left to 1 or 2 rather than 4.

I'm holding out hope he's cleared to practice at some point this season....but if that doesn't happen, presto123 could be right and it might be all over for Peyton.

I think he'll play again, but I suspect that this may sharply reduce the number of seasons he has left to 1 or 2 rather than 4.

I'm holding out hope he's cleared to practice at some point this season....but if that doesn't happen, presto123 could be right and it might be all over for Peyton.

I think that he'll play again as well, but I don't think that this injury presages a gradual decline as you suggest. Quite the opposite.

If he gets his arm strength back, he may well end up feeling better than he has in years - plus have a chip on his shoulder because of missing this season. In other words, I think it's entirely possible that he will never play again - but if he does play, I think that he may play out his contract and be looking for more.

I didn't vote because I think it's 50-50 right now.

One thought that came to mind is this: what if they did play him in the last game of the year and he had a poor game passing, with no long balls. The conjecture and guessing games would just be beginning....

My heart says yes but the medical mind of me says no. I knew back when he had his bursa issue that it wasn't as simple as it was made out to be. As soon as I heard he had a anterior neck surgery- I knew it was a last ditch effort as they usually are. I just don't seem him playing again at the level he is used to be playing at. He truly is one of a kind and has impacted this game like nobody else ever has.

He will be back.

He wants to be back, and I have not seen any reports by his drs. saying it is not possible.

Quit mothering him guys!

It was a surgery, which is not uncommon. I fully expect him to recover.

??? We are talking about the nerves in the neck, it is the central control center for ALL Body Functions. It is a common surgery that is NEVER CURED. Once you have herniated a disk it will never return to normal. It may get better and feel normal but it will be 5x easier to re injure.

I really can't believe the nonchalant attitude about Manning's situation. He has the rest of his life to live and another "major" injury to his neck and his quality of life may be jeopardized. And for all we know it may already be.

I will be shocked if he plays again.t

??? We are talking about the nerves in the neck, it is the central control center for ALL Body Functions. It is a common surgery that is NEVER CURED. Once you have herniated a disk it will never return to normal. It may get better and feel normal but it will be 5x easier to re injure.

I really can't believe the nonchalant attitude about Manning's situation. He has the rest of his life to live and another "major" injury to his neck and his quality of life may be jeopardized. And for all we know it may already be.

I will be shocked if he plays again.t

It won't be easier to injure. You make it sound as if he is now one misstep away from being crippled for life because of risks imposed by this surgery. . That is ridiculous - as long as the bones are fused before he steps back on the field. Football is a dangerous sport, but he won't be more at risk than any other player. Coltssouth doesn't have a nonchalant attitude about his health, she's just saying that he won't be back unless the doctors OK it, and if they OK it than what are you worried about?

Thank you Mac.

I think we all realize this is a serious surgery, but saying it is career ending is a bit premature imo.

We really don't know. As I have said before, I trust in Peytons judgement to know what is best for him according to what the doctors say.

We're in a "wait and see" mode right now, and I would rather look on the positive side instead of the worst case scenerio.

From what I am hearing he is progressing very well. I'm not ready to give up on him yet.

Well,obviously he loves the game and definitely wants to play play again and of course it would be ideal to have him back.

But,you also have to be realistic.Those are some pretty serious procedures he had done.And from what I understand,paralysis is a possible complication?So,it comes down to play a game and take a risk of becoming paralyzed or retire and enjoy a coaching position with your team.

Of course he's going to play another game. That isn't the question. The question is for how long? His injury will keep opening up to bother him, and eventually will throw in the towel due to physical matters not mental matters; He would play if he could in a wheelchair!

Based on my own experience with nerve damage and input from my father (medical doctor) and sister-in-law (Surgeon), I am not convinced he will recover enough to play. I wish he would, we need him, but my gut instinct says no.

I just puke at all the know it alls brothers, sisters, mothers, second cousins opinion that have NO connection to Manning or his surgeons and NO information on any of Manning medical reports saying.. based on zero information and just pure speculation, he will NEVER play another game. Excuse me while i fill my puke bucket back up.

Until Manning retires and he says it himself, i will not say he is done.

Show ain't over till the QB says it is.

None of us know his condition. None of HIS doctors have spoken publically.

We are all guessing.

But yes, since he expects to play again and I'm sure he's asked all the questions we would ask (and more) I expect him to...

I expect him to play in December, to be honest.

so, when he doesn't play or practice in december, and december turns to january and he is still out, then january turns to february and we wake up to the headline "Colts release Manning", you won't have a heart attack?

its tough to grieve, i understand. but you will have to start the process in february if we don't have any improvement. that's Peyton's date that he has specifically set, not ours, and you have to accept it.

absolutely. but when he goes to play for another team after Indy HAS to move on, what will you say then?

If we don't draft Luck at one, meaning we have to get the first pick, they resign him, if they let him walk, we'd better hope Luck is more Manning than Todd Marinvich.

no one can know for sure right now. spoke with a physician about it and he seems to think peyton is done and really would be risking a lot to play again. basically was saying if he gets hit the wrong way one time he could easily be paralyzed. but, i do hope he gets the go-ahead to come back only if he makes an absolute FULL recovery