Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pick your combo

Pick your ideal draft for the Colts regarding positions for the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Choose what position you'd like to see us grab with those picks, and then a player of that position who could realistically fall to us.

Allow me to start.

Round 2- DE: Dominique Easley- a definite early first round talent if not for his injuries, and arguably the most explosive Defensive Tackle in the draft, he'd lead our D-line for years to come.

Round 3- CB: Loucheiz Purifoy- great athleticism in a corner with terrific man cover skills who played on an island frequently at Florida (wow, I just realized I picked two Gators). And don't think he's too small at 5'11, cuz guess who else is at 5'11? Vontae Davis.

In the 2nd: Marcus Smith, OLB Louisville - great combine, good speed, good size, and had 14.5 sacks this year, could replace Mathis

In the 3rd: Preston Brown, ILB Louisville - good size, physical run stopper and not a liability in coverage, can dissect plays well and fight through traffic to get to the ball carrier

Alternate pick: Shayne Skov, ILB Stanford

There is no need for Marcus Smith fans to convince me he's a great player. I know he is- he is very quick and at the same time set the edge and pass rush. I see him to be a Bruce Irvin kind of OLB. The reason I didnt choose him for my 2 is because I went with BPA at position of need and I wasn't sure Smith could play ILB.if he could and Skov was gone, I would love to take him.

2nd round: Deone Bucannon, S, 6'1 215 lbs, Washington State - Fast and physical safety that is good vs the run and has the range to play the deep half, also has good ball skills.

3rd round: Khairi Fortt, ILB, 6'2 240 lbs, California - Former Penn State LB and their known for having some of the best ILB's. He's great against the run and is also good in coverage.

Sorry.....

I had a bad night's sleep....   the OP was asking for the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

You offered the 2nd and 6th.       What happened to the 3rd and 5th rounds?

Oops I missed the part about 3rd round, was in a rush this afternoon.......Dion Bailey

There is no need for Marcus Smith fans to convince me he's a great player. I know he is- he is very quick and at the same time set the edge and pass rush. I see him to be a Bruce Irvin kind of OLB. The reason I didnt choose him for my 2 is because I went with BPA at position of need and I wasn't sure Smith could play ILB.if he could and Skov was gone, I would love to take him.

So you would pass on a potential dynamite player like Smith, to pick a mediocre player like Skov because it's an are of need? That's exactly how NOT to draft.

Until recently I was against bringing in another WR, but I really like Donte Moncrief. Trade into the first, but keep our 3rd rounder, and pick up Calvin Pryor in the 1st, and Moncrief in the 3rd.

I really like WR Donte Moncrief in the 3rd as well. I think he could develop into a #1 WR for us in 3 years. He has the size of Demaryius Thomas as well.

I would also like to get our FS position solved, but don't know if I wanna trade into the 1st to do it. We would probably have to give up our 1st next year to do it.

So here's my draft if we stay put with our 2nd/3rd round picks...

2- FS Jimmie Ward

3- WR Donte Moncrief

So you would pass on a potential dynamite player like Smith, to pick a mediocre player like Skov because it's an are of need? That's exactly how NOT to draft.

But Skov is also a great player and a player I could see us taking. He fills the stop the run critera,he can be a very good blitzer and also he was a great leader on that Stanford D. Although people go on about his coverage, he rarely is used in coverage and when he has been used, he has been solid IMO.Again I like Marcus Smith (great player) but I also like Shayne Skov (great player at *.) If Skov was taken but Smith wasn't,I'd hope we take Smith.

Ill say this on Ward, I believe he has good hands, covers well down in the slot (where he makes most of his plays), Blitzes well from both the FS position and Nickel but I think he is slow to react to some plays from FS, He made at least 2 of his 7 ints from off man as the Nickel Back. I watched 3 games of his but cant find the rest of his ints

Assuming we don't resign Bethea:

2nd.

Deon Bucannon S Washington St. 6'1 215: good all around safety withe range and tackling skills.

3rd.

Shayne Skov ILB Stanford 6'3 245: Great against the run, excellent tackler, relentless motor, would be a great complement to Freeman, reminds me of Kiko Alonso from last year, not flashy but gritty and plays tough.

I think you go for need through FA and gor for BPA through the draft unless BPA and need line up on your board, Its up to the coaches to put that BPA in a position to succeed by not putting him in a position thats not suited to his skill set

But Skov is also a great player and a player I could see us taking. He fills the stop the run critera,he can be a very good blitzer and also he was a great leader on that Stanford D. Although people go on about his coverage, he rarely is used in coverage and when he has been used, he has been solid IMO.Again I like Marcus Smith (great player) but I also like Shayne Skov (great player at *.) If Skov was taken but Smith wasn't,I'd hope we take Smith.

I guess we just disagree on how good Skov is....although I admit I haven't seen him play much.

I`m trading next years 1st rd pick to the Rams for pick 44 & 75.

Pick 44 Gabe Jackson

Pick 59 Christian Jones

Pick 75

No trade

Pick 59 Jones

pick90 OT/G Joel Bitonio

I would hate if Grigson traded our 1st round pick again ... especially for a G.