Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jared Abberderis

Watching some Wisconsin games and this guy really caught my eye. I really haven't watched him before now, but he seems like an intriguing prospect. 

He has decent speed (4.5 flat; just enough to beat you deep), he has decent size at 6'1" 200 lbs, runs really crisp routes (he has this one play where he absolutely kills an Ohio State CB on a double move and probably would have scored a TD if the QB didn't underthrow it and force him to make a spectacular catch), has really good hands from the look of it and has really good body control. 

He reminds me of a shorter Jordy Neslon (and no, not just because they're both white lol).

Any thoughts on Abberderis?

I am a huge Badger fan, and he is very noticeable in games... one of the best route runners in the draft with good hands.  He does make some awesome catches, but then he will drop some easier ones... I would call it Dallas-Garconitis (Dallas Clark and Pierre Garcon both happened to be the same way)

If you watch the OSU game that was mentioned above, he destroys Roby the whole game.

There were plenty of throws last year where Stave underthrew or overthrew the ball with Abbrederis on the other end, was very frustrating...

On top of him being a WR, he became noticed by fans for his punt returning abilities, so that is a bonus

I really liked the guy too...but after the combine, I have some reservations.  He's average across the board - athlete-wise.  I think he'd be a decent WR, but I don't think he'd be anyone to replace Wayne.  I could be wrong...I hope I am (especially if we draft him).  But after the combine, I'm not sure he'd be anyone we'd pursue...at least until late in the 3rd day.

Pretty sure the Broncos will look at him in the 3rd as an Eric Decker replacement. And IDK about him. On one hand he was called an average athlete, and then he dominated one of the best corners in college in Bradley Roby. Problem was no one knew whether it was because Abbrederis was good or Roby was bad.

The knock on him is he's pedestrian. Only an average athlete. I'm sure he'll be a dependable receiver.

Pretty sure the Broncos will look at him in the 3rd as an Eric Decker replacement. And IDK about him. On one hand he was called an average athlete, and then he dominated one of the best corners in college in Bradley Roby. Problem was no one knew whether it was because Abbrederis was good or Roby was bad.

The knock on him is he's pedestrian. Only an average athlete. I'm sure he'll be a dependable receiver.

Oh, Roby isn't as good as he's hyped to be. As a Buckeye fan, the guy looked completely lost at times in coverage and when asked to play man he was easily dominated as well - hence what Abberderis did to him in their game this past year. A case of one guy being underrated with the other being overrated.

I would pass.

The one receiver who does intrigue me in the 2nd round is Martavis Bryant from Clemson. He played second fiddle to Watkins last season, but he could develop into a #1 in the NFL. He ran a 4.42 40 yard dash at the combine to go with 6'4" 20 lb frame. He seems like a Brandon Marshall type player. I also love the thought of him learning the ropes from Reggie Wayne as well.

I am torn between Bryant and Pierre Desir in the 2nd round. It just seems that Bryant has the potential to be a star in the NFL. Tough to pass that up in the second round.

Watching some Wisconsin games and this guy really caught my eye. I really haven't watched him before now, but he seems like an intriguing prospect. 

He has decent speed (4.5 flat; just enough to beat you deep), he has decent size at 6'1" 200 lbs, runs really crisp routes (he has this one play where he absolutely kills an Ohio State CB on a double move and probably would have scored a TD if the QB didn't underthrow it and force him to make a spectacular catch), has really good hands from the look of it and has really good body control. 

He reminds me of a shorter Jordy Neslon (and no, not just because they're both white lol).

Any thoughts on Abberderis?

I think Abbrederis is the real deal.  I think he will have a seamless transition into the league.

I would pass.

The one receiver who does intrigue me in the 2nd round is Martavis Bryant from Clemson. He played second fiddle to Watkins last season, but he could develop into a #1 in the NFL. He ran a 4.42 40 yard dash at the combine to go with 6'4" 20 lb frame. He seems like a Brandon Marshall type player. I also love the thought of him learning the ropes from Reggie Wayne as well.

I am torn between Bryant and Pierre Desir in the 2nd round. It just seems that Bryant has the potential to be a star in the NFL. Tough to pass that up in the second round.

Bryant = Taller, slower DHB

Looking at CBS Sports, Walter Football and Draft Bank's Mock draft, these players could be available in 2nd and 3rd Round.  I like Abbrederis as a 3rd round pick, as well.  Hard to tell where Jeff Janis will go after his terrific combine performance.  These draft lists will change no doubt as the draft approaches.

Pick 59 Round 2

1 Kyle Fuller CB Virginia Tech Sr 6-0 190

2 Davante Adams WR Fresno State rSo 6-1 212

3 Jarvis Landry WR LSU Jr 5-11 205

4 Travis Swanson C Arkansas rSr 6-5 312

5 Lamarcus Joyner CB Florida State Sr 5-8 184

6 Cyril Richardson OG Baylor rSr 6-5 329

7 Jimmie Ward SS Northern Illinois Sr 5-11 193

8 Ed Reynolds FS Stanford rJr 6-1 207

Pick 90 Round 3

1 Donte Moncrief WR Ole Miss Jr 6-2 221

2 Chris Borland ILB Wisconsin rSr 5-11 248