Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pagnano or Arians?

Beauregarde

117 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you pick to coach the Colts right now?

• Pagano
    • Arians
    • Either of them
    • Neither of them

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think all the suggestions of pagano trying to drive a square peg in around hole idk maybe could stem from losing all of his starters now im going to say pagano has had 1 year head coaching expirence and arians has two to be honest with you I would take pagano every time as head coach. hes a defensive coach and still finds a way to have a high powered offense I think with the addition of chud it will show every one what a chuck pagano defense can do

That would not even be close. The Cards would beat the Pats

No. The Cards would not. The Pats since 2001 are 3-1 vs them including a blow out win vs the Kurt Warner cards in 2008 that went to the SB with Matt Cassell at the helm. No way Carson Palmer beats the hoodie/Brady for the division.

I am not sure I even understand your argument. The Cards finished in third place and out of the playoffs. The only division in the AFC they *may*have won is the South just because it was the worst division in football along with the NFC East.

I agree with you about that.

I don't understand then go on the cardnals board and post arians should have coach of the year he is not the colts head coach and never will be again so if you guys love him so much go root for them and get off here with your garbage

No. The Cards would not. The Pats since 2001 are 3-1 vs them including a blow out win vs the Kurt Warner cards in 2008 that went to the SB with Matt Cassell at the helm. No way Carson Palmer beats the hoodie/Brady for the division.

I am not sure I even understand your argument. The Cards finished in third place and out of the playoffs. The only division in the AFC they *may*have won is the South just because it was the worst division in football along with the NFC East.

What does 2001 have to do with now? Yes, the Cards do win all of the divisions in the AFC, the AFC is just that weak and the NFC West is just that strong. I didn't start this but I agree with premise. I think the Cardinals were just that good. The 49ers and the Seahawks were just better in that division.

I don't understand then go on the cardnals board and post arians should have coach of the year he is not the colts head coach and never will be again so if you guys love him so much go root for them and get off here with your garbage

He should have been coach of the year and I wish the Colts could have kept him. Vote for Pagano and we just agree to disagree in a friendly way.

I think all the suggestions of pagano trying to drive a square peg in around hole idk maybe could stem from losing all of his starters now im going to say pagano has had 1 year head coaching expirence and arians has two to be honest with you I would take pagano every time as head coach. hes a defensive coach and still finds a way to have a high powered offense I think with the addition of chud it will show every one what a chuck pagano defense can do

Pagano found a way to have Andrew Luck. That is the high powered offense and it was more high powered under Arians.

Pagano found a way to have Andrew Luck. That is the high powered offense and it was more high powered under Arians.

I don't know how you can say that when you have no possible way of knowing that, because last time I checked Andrew luck improved drastically from last year to this year so you would have absolutely no way of knowing that he would have done better in arians offense. and Andrew luck doesn't call the plays so I don't know the point you are trying to make

What does 2001 have to do with now? Yes, the Cards do win all of the divisions in the AFC, the AFC is just that weak and the NFC West is just that strong. I didn't start this but I agree with premise. I think the Cardinals were just that good. The 49ers and the Seahawks were just better in that division.

Their issues were not beating those teams though. They went 1-3 vs them but had losses to the Eagles and Rams and Saints. It was those games that cost them the division. The Pats and Broncos did not lose to any teams below .500.

I don't know how you can say that when you have no possible way of knowing that, because last time I checked Andrew luck improved drastically from last year to this year so you would have absolutely no way of knowing that he would have done better in arians offense. and Andrew luck doesn't call the plays so I don't know the point you are trying to make

The point I was making is that there is no high powered offense without Andrew Luck. I don't know that he improved that much, Pagano just didn't let him throw long like Arians did. I think the TEAM that Pagano had with Luck was MUCH better than the team Arians had with Luck.

Thank you for all of the comments and votes. I knew Chuck would get lots of support but I was happy to see that over 30% thought Arians was the best choice.

Pagans is the coach and for this team, with this personnel make-up, he is the best choice between the two. Arians seems to be a good fit where he is now.

That would not even be close. The Cards would beat the Pats

What are you basing this on exactly? Do you really think Arians/Palmer and his 22 picks are better then Brady/Belichick? Heck, even Rex Ryan would get the better of Arizona. They probably finish third in the AFC East just a game or two above Buffalo.

I voted neither.  I said it at the time: should have ponied up for ex-Colt Jim Harbaugh when he was looking for an NFL gig.  Yeah, I know we had Jim Caldwell at the time, but he was later fired anyway- and with no one in mind to replace him!  

Harbuagh would have been a perfect fit.  Especially, if he would have been coaching Andrew Luck.

There is a big difference in their divisions but he pressure is more on Pagano in my opinion. Colts fans  have unreal expectations for their team and I don't think that is the case in Phoenix. If he keeps winning out there, he should be around for a long time.

Colts fans  says it all  IMO .     :colts:    The way its written leads me to believe your not 1 . :thmup: 

I voted neither.  I said it at the time: should have ponied up for ex-Colt Jim Harbaugh when he was looking for an NFL gig.  Yeah, I know we had Jim Caldwell at the time, but he was later fired anyway- and with no one in mind to replace him!  

Harbuagh would have been a perfect fit.  Especially, if he would have been coaching Andrew Luck.

I highly doubt we're picking at #1 with the 2010-2011 roster and Harbaugh as head coach. Can't have both

Wow I just stopped onto the site to see if you guys had any news of off season moves etc and seen this poll. I don't usually reply but is this thread serious? It seems quite strange. I like Arians but in no way care if he comes back, Steelers didn't announce his forced retirement because he was a football coaching god. If he was still with Colts I would support him but he's gone and who cares? Do you honestly think we beat the Pats in the playoffs just cause Arians was here because if not then he serves no help to the team and therefore is expendable. I personally think we may have finished worse with the lack of Reggie and using Arians crazy downfield approach with our young recievers could have meant 30 ints for Luck. Arians as an OC? I'd take that over Pep, but as head coach is he really that good? No. Also how do you declare the Cards as easily trumping 16 teams no problems? They have some talent but come on really?? IMO Pats, Colts, Bengals, Steelers, Ravens, Broncos, Chargers, Chiefs in no particular order would all have a great shot at beating the Cardinals if they shared a division. Colts beat 49ers and seahawks and neither game was very close so them having such a hard division doesn't matter. IMO Cards need a new QB if they wanna make any noise in any division in football. Palmer is ok but his prime is far behind.

I'm not sure if I'm being trolled or not.  Fact of the matter is, Pagano took over a 2 win team, and put together ra playbook (carried out in large part by Arians) that took us to the playoffs.  Like, yeah, Arians was the interim coach, but Arians executed Pagano's playbook, so Pagano does deserve at least some credit for last year.

As if that could have been perceived as a fluke, Pagano surpassed last season by winning the same amount of games and against a much tougher schedule (which, by the way, we beat both teams in the superbowl...at home or not, still impressive).  Then, we went further in the playoffs. 

Soooo....was there a point to this poll or not?

First of all, it's PAGANO, not Pagnano.  Arians was an interim coach here; he in a matter of speaking, could let it fly.  What did he have to lose?  I'll take Pagano every time; here are my reasons:

1.  Better pedigree - look at his entire coaching career.

2.  Younger - Arians is pushing 70.

3.  Classier - Arians rolled up the score on us in Arizona this year; I lost a little respect for him.

4.  Vision - Pagano has it, that's what started the 2012 season before his illness.  Arians is an OC.

I'm not sure if I'm being trolled or not.  Fact of the matter is, Pagano took over a 2 win team, and put together ra playbook (carried out in large part by Arians) that took us to the playoffs.  Like, yeah, Arians was the interim coach, but Arians executed Pagano's playbook, so Pagano does deserve at least some credit for last year.

As if that could have been perceived as a fluke, Pagano surpassed last season by winning the same amount of games and against a much tougher schedule (which, by the way, we beat both teams in the superbowl...at home or not, still impressive).  Then, we went further in the playoffs. 

Soooo....was there a point to this poll or not?

Does there really need to be ?

Your first sentence says it all ,   A Cardinal fan posing nothing to see here .

First of all, it's PAGANO, not Pagnano.  Arians was an interim coach here; he in a matter of speaking, could let it fly.  What did he have to lose?  I'll take Pagano every time; here are my reasons:

1.  Better pedigree - look at his entire coaching career.

2.  Younger - Arians is pushing 70.

3.  Classier - Arians rolled up the score on us in Arizona this year; I lost a little respect for him.

4.  Vision - Pagano has it, that's what started the 2012 season before his illness.  Arians is an OC.

It must be a silent "n" in "Pagnano."