Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pagnano or Arians?

Beauregarde

117 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you pick to coach the Colts right now?

• Pagano
    • Arians
    • Either of them
    • Neither of them

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Arians calling the play-caller too in this scenario?

However you think it should be. If you want to make a vote but decide that only if he is not calling the plays you can say that. It is a very good question and I wish I had thought of it. I guess you could say the same thing about Pagano considering if Pep is calling the plays or not.

Two good men with Leadership ability.
 I don`t want anything to do with Arians play calling. So no.

I suspect Chuck is best made for a secondary coach. Not sure about him as a DC as none had ever hired him to do that, he inherited the Ravens DC job for 1 season.
 It is easy to say/think one would pick a better candidate. Definitely Not a certainty. Chuck pumped Link as a 4 position player. Link is a body at Guard and I don`t want him playing a DOWN at Any tackle position.

Chuck is on Double Probation because of how he managed our O-Line these last 2 years. IMO. And i am Definitely concerned about our Line Coaching.
 Chuck can grow with his roster and get better just like anyone else. He needs to. I vote somewhere between indifferent to slightly positive on Chuck.

If were hiring a new coach right now and you saw what Pagano did this year and what Arians has done in Indy and then in Arizona, who would you choose to coach your team?

Dude this is starting to irritate me  just a lil  I got it you love B.A .

You say what Pagano did this year  & then say Arians last year here & this year at Arizona .

So are you suggesting 2012 only counts for Arians ?

Starting with 2012 Pagano was at the helm the Colts kicked off the 2012 season, Oct he was diagnosed his staff carried on as did the team . finishing 11-5    CHUCKSTRONG

2013 Pagano at the helm with new OC Pep Hamilton  started & finished the season 11-5 with a playoff win against Kansas City .

11-5  the common denominator or coach Chuck Pagano .  

Edited by 21isSuperman

Dude this is starting to irritate me  just a lil  I got it you love B.A .

You say what Pagano did this year  & then say Arians last year here & this year at Arizona .

Starting with 2012 Pagano was at the helm the Colts kicked off the 2012 season, Oct he was diagnosed his staff carried on as did the team . finishing 11-5    CHUCKSTRONG

2013 Pagano at the helm with new OC Pep Hamilton  started & finished the season 11-5 with a playoff win against Kansas City .

Who was the 2012 NFL Coach of the Year. I rest my case...

Dude this is starting to irritate me  just a lil  on another threads you were coddeling Arians berries I got it you love B.A .

I think B.A. has the advantage because he makes the most out of the talent he has to work with. I keep getting the idea that Pagano is trying to drive a square peg into a round hole. Just my opinion from observing both of them in action.

I think B.A. has the advantage because he makes the most out of the talent he has to work with. I keep getting the idea that Pagano is trying to drive a square peg into a round hole. Just my opinion from observing both of them in action.

Hes not the only one trying to drive a square peg in a round whole .

These are COLTS boards if all you want to talk about is the Cardinals coach you should take it to the general boards ,

Edited by 21isSuperman

These are COLTS boards if all you want to talk about is the Cardinals coach you should take your nonsense to the general boards ,

I think you are going overboard. If you don't want to see my posts put me on ignore instead of complaining about it. I was asking a question and I wanted to see what people really thought. Isn't that what these boards are really all about. I enjoyed reading your opinion even if I disagree with you. I am not promoting Arians but a lot was made of Pagano being rated low in a survey and I think the person who did the article was about right.

These are COLTS boards if all you want to talk about is the Cardinals coach you should take it to the general boards ,

He's free to express his opinions and ideas here.  If you do not like the topic or it irritates you, simply don't click on it.

Some of Pagano's coaching decisions do leave me questioning what's going on.  For example, his insistence on playing Satele at C doesn't make sense to me.  With that said, I think Pagano does have potential as a head coach.  I don't think he has reached that potential yet and some of his coaching leaves a lot to be desired, but there is room to grow.  It's hard for me to say what he should change since I don't know exactly what he does in terms of scheming, coaching guys one on one, how he balances the duties with the OC and DC, etc.

He's free to express his opinions and ideas here.  If you do not like the topic or it irritates you, simply don't click on it.

Thank you but I didn't find him offensive or degrading. We disagree just a little and not as much as he probably thinks. I started this thread out of curiosity about what other people thought. I fully expected Pagano to get great support. How can you dislike the man, I certainly do not dislike him.

Some of Pagano's coaching decisions do leave me questioning what's going on.  For example, his insistence on playing Satele at C doesn't make sense to me.  With that said, I think Pagano does have potential as a head coach.  I don't think he has reached that potential yet and some of his coaching leaves a lot to be desired, but there is room to grow.  It's hard for me to say what he should change since I don't know exactly what he does in terms of scheming, coaching guys one on one, how he balances the duties with the OC and DC, etc.

Well said and I agree with every bit of it.

I think you are going overboard. If you don't want to see my posts put me on ignore instead of complaining about it. I was asking a question and I wanted to see what people really thought. Isn't that what these boards are really all about. I enjoyed reading your opinion even if I disagree with you. I am not promoting Arians but a lot was made of Pagano being rated low in a survey and I think the person who did the article was about right.

:goat::scorebad:

Yes they were... 

All the while losing Allen, Brad, Ballard, Thomas, Wayne, Toler, and both lines in constant flux.  

This team played very well. 

Rome was NOT built in one day.   or two seasons.    Beef up both lines and this team is on it's way.

Those were three very impressive wins.

Arians has morphed the cards into a great team. Who knows what they would have done had they been in a different division. They certainly would have won every AFC division.

That team had been down for quite a while but there are some decent players there. Arians got a good QB and he made it work with the people he inherited. The mark of a great coach. I also agree that they would have been the best team in the AFC.

The amount of whinnying we do over a Coach coming off an 11-5 season, a division title, and a playoff victory with a team in it's second year of almost complete rebuilding is laughable. 

The word "we" should not be used. It is a "few" very unintelligent and uninformed goofballs that really need to get a better understanding of football before posting such ridiculous nonsense over and over. These goofs that want Pagano gone need to grow up and come to terms with the fact that he has done a very good job and he is not going anywhere. Pagano has at the very least 2 more yrs. here if he chooses to and his health stays good. If things have completely fell apart in that time then it may be time to look elsewhere, but constantly saying he should be fired now is beyond ignorant. 

I agree with you about that.

Arians alll day! SHOULD have won Coach of the Year again.

Wasn't Carson Palmer top 3 in interceptions thrown this season? Arians offensive playcalling is garbage. He doesn't deserve coach of the year

Andrew Luck got him that HC job & coach of the year. Go look at the film. How many QB's can complete a 20+ yard pass with Clay Matthews hanging on their arm?

You'd be a fool to hire Arians as your HC or OC