Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Seattle LB: "Seattle would beat Denver 90 out of 100 times"

sweetsurrender

I think they are being modest, I think it's more like 95/100

Well, one thing is for sure....the rematch in Seattle next season will be hyped all the way to Pluto.

And with the noise level even worse than the Super Bowl...its entirely possible we'll see another beat down.

this is the defense peyton cant beat. in your face corners, fast pressure, hard hitting safeties, that confuse the opposition ala the 2000s patriots, 2005 steelers, 2009 saints. peyton's whole game is figuring out where the defense is going to line up and when you confuse peyton (which rarely happens) you get what you saw in the super bowl. 

this is the defense peyton cant beat. in your face corners, fast pressure, hard hitting safeties, that confuse the opposition ala the 2000s patriots, 2005 steelers, 2009 saints. peyton's whole game is figuring out where the defense is going to line up and when you confuse peyton (which rarely happens) you get what you saw in the super bowl.

2009 Saints? Lol

They didn't confuse him. They ran the same coverages they ran all year. It's just that Seattle was the perfect matchup for the Broncos.

Receivers couldn't get open, oline was getting demolished, running game was useless, and  they rattled Peyton early.

They didn't confuse him. They ran the same coverages they ran all year. It's just that Seattle was the perfect matchup for the Broncos.

Receivers couldn't get open, oline was getting demolished, running game was useless, and  they rattled Peyton early.

and thats my point. that style of defense doesnt bold well for peyton. we did the same thing to him and for 3 quarters, we held them in check.

Because their offense controlled the ball. I think the Colts only had 8 possessions. Nice play by Porter, but that defense was far from great.

Not to mention that we left points off the board thanks to a missed field goal and that drop by Garcon. It's not like Saints D was suffocating like the Seahawks' was this year.

With sportsmanship like that, it is hard to not want Denver to pound them into the field next time they meet.

Yes, and I remember all the similar talk last year after the Ravens beat them in the playoffs...  We all saw how that went in the rematch to start the season.

Because their offense controlled the ball. I think the Colts only had 8 possessions. Nice play by Porter, but that defense was far from great.

perhaps the saints were alittle much, but my point still stays with the other defenses I mentioned

90 out of a 100 might be pushing it but not by much, As stated above Seahawks are a bad matchup for the Broncos, WRs cant separate off physical coverage

Agree....and having a immobile QB with a questionable arm doesn't help either.

Even though Peyton was on the receiving end of that dominant performance put on by Seattle I actually loved watching that game do to that it reminded me of how physical defenses used to be, That game actually looked like a real football game and not just some up and down high yardage output or high points combined game. I know the NFL caters to the new generation of fans and more high scoring games and they think that it adds more excitement but to me I can get just as excited watching a physical defensive battle as I can of a high scoring game....and probably even moreso. Just my thoughts

Even though Peyton was on the receiving end of that dominant performance put on by Seattle I actually loved watching that game do to that it reminded me of how physical defenses used to be, That game actually looked like a real football game and not just some up and down high yardage output or high points combined game. I know the NFL caters to the new generation of fans and more high scoring games and they think that it adds more excitement but to me I can get just as excited watching a physical defensive battle as I can of a high scoring game....and probably even moreso. Just my thoughts

And yet the Seahawks managed not to concuss anyone or blow out anyone's knee. Who would have thought that could be done?

With sportsmanship like that, it is hard to not want Denver to pound them into the field next time they meet.

haha Sportsmanship like what? He was just giving his opinion. These are grown men, and I highly doubt what he said hurt the Denver's players feelings any. I'd be surprised if Denver could beat Seattle 10 times out of 100.

if andrew was able to rip that defense with worse weapons then why couldnt peyton do the same with better weapons.

The Seahawks didn't play a good a game as they did in the Super Bowl.

That was not the norm for their defense. That was total suffocation.

haha Sportsmanship like what? He was just giving his opinion. These are grown men, and I highly doubt what he said hurt the Denver's players feelings any. I'd be surprised if Denver could beat Seattle 10 times out of 100.

I'm not a fan of trash talk

That's what he was doing

if andrew was able to rip that defense with worse weapons then why couldnt peyton do the same with better weapons.

Mobile QB and TY, who could get behind the defense. Peyton has a bunch of possession receivers, good one's no doubt, but nothing to keep Seattle's defense on their heels. On top of that, the Colts stuck to the run more than what Denver did as well.

Mobile QB and TY, who could get behind the defense. Peyton has a bunch of possession receivers, good one's no doubt, but nothing to keep Seattle's defense on their heels. On top of that, the Colts stuck to the run more than what Denver did as well.

thomas is just as much a deep threat