Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

THE **OFFICIAL** SUPER BOWL XLVIII GAME THREAD.

Dustin

no, just the broncos

If the Broncos are the class of the AFC then yes, that's pretty sad.

The Broncos are an undisciplined, poorly coached, mistake prone team and yet won the AFC playoffs with ease. That's bad. Granted they have injuries, but so do the other teams.

The Patriots, when healthy, are pretty much always overall the best team in the AFC over the past 10 seasons. SD and PIT maybe a few times. SD never lived up to their potential when they were REALLY good and just got outplayed/coached. Usually by the Pats.

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He could have been QB in SF and been here 2 years straight, going for 2 straight.

Said it before.

Will say it again.

Shoulda gone to San Fran.

Good enough receivers/te's

Good O-line.

Very good defense

Good special teams

Very good coach and staff

VS

Very good receivers and one very good TE in Orange Julius. (Tamme is serviceable, nothing more)

Good (but not tonight) O-line

Mediocre at best defense

Poor special teams

Dunce coach and staff

Very disappointing super bowl. Seahawks deserve the win. They came to play ball. Probably the most blow out super bowl game ever in history. With Peyton losing this game, the Colts made the right decision on releasing him. I hate to say this but the man choke in the big game. Hate to see Wilson getting a ring before Luck but that doesn't make him a better QB. Clearly Seahawks is the most complete team. Offense, Defense, Special team won the super bowl.

Im not arguing that that D was better. But Derrick Brooks > Wagner, Lynch > Chancellor, and Barber > Maxwell. And none of them are particularly close.

After roughly 3 years in the league they are well on their way.. Seriously, holding the greatest offense of all-time to 8 points? Yep, give me those Seahawk players..

If the Broncos are the class of the AFC then yes, that's pretty sad.

The Broncos are an undisciplined, poorly coached, mistake prone team and yet won the AFC playoffs with ease. That's bad. Granted they have injuries, but so do the other teams.

The Patriots, when healthy, are pretty much always overall the best team in the AFC in the past 10 seasons. SD and PIT maybe a few times. SD never lived up to their potential when they were REALLY good and just got outplayed/coached. Usually by the Pats.

Easy to say now...didn't hear that after they beat SD and NE.....

but its all Peyton's fault anyway.

19, 37, 52, 30

off the bat for you, lol

If you'd like, try those numbers out in your next Keno or Powerball ticket....

The Giant game came down to a missed field goal, but the middle two I couldn't recall the scores. Sorry for bringing it up... one day it will all change.

....I hate to say this but the man choke in the big game....

I agree. At some point you cant make any more excuses for the guy. Simply, whatever team hes on tends to not get it done when it matters most. I think you have to look at the common denominator (aka Manning)

I agree. At some point you cant make any more excuses for the guy. Simply, whatever team hes on tends to not get it done when it matters most. I think you have to look at the common denominator (aka Manning)

I think at some point it rubs off on your teammates. Even when Peyton plays great the other guys crap the bed. I think his teammates legitimately think they're not going to win alongside him. Whether Manning plays well or not is immaterial.

Don't have anything against the Seahawks (wanted Denver to win obviously), but congrats. Good lord I haven't seen a team, much less a defense this nasty in a while...one of the little things I'm thankful for in life is that my team isn't in the NFC West, and doesn't need to play the Seahawks twice a year....only once every four years for us lol

I believe the AFC West and NFC West play each other next year, so a rematch is en route...

2 Ints don't put 42 points on the board.

Even if the Broncos scored on every possession, they still would have loss.

Again, this is a team game. Seattle came to win.

Easy to say now...didn't hear that after they beat SD and NE.....

but its all Peyton's fault anyway.

The D played lights out for three quarters against both of those teams until they went prevent. They played great the last two weeks of the regular season, too.

Of course those were all against poor, banged up opposition. The only thing SD and NE really had offensively were their QB's and a receiver or two.

I think at some point it rubs off on your teammates. Even when Peyton plays great the other guys crap the bed. I think his teammates legitimately think they're not going to win alongside him. Whether Manning plays well or not is immaterial.

Hes either the biggest choke artist in the history of the NFL or the most snake bitten player ever. Choose your side.

Not what I expected, or wished for,  but I must say ~

Congratulations to the Seahawks.   They came prepared, they came to Win, and they Won in a Big Way.

The Defense is Everything   everyone said they were.   They were incredible tonight.

And Congratulations to Russell Wilson.   He's proven he's the Real Deal.   

That's what everyone will say......all his wins..all his playoff wins will not be considered

2 Ints don't put 42 points on the board.

Even if the Broncos scored on every possession, they still would have loss.

Again, this is a team game. Seattle came to win.

Peyton Manning's pick six did, however, put 6 points on the board. That's 2 fewer than the Broncos, who had the greatest offense ever (led by Peyton Manning, who has a record-setting 55TD, MVP season), had all game.