Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

THE **OFFICIAL** SUPER BOWL XLVIII GAME THREAD.

Dustin

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ehh the 2006 Bears were better or on par by about every metric.

....Huh?

Seattle is substantially better on D. Plus, unlike our Colts during the 2006 stretch, Denver's D has collapsed tonight.

Denver's D was decent for the first half, but they've fallen on their faces like the rest of the team in the second half.

Greatest Super Bowl beat down ever.

It couldn't have happened to a more arrogant team than this. All year long we've heard how Denver would win the Super Bowl and Manning was the greatest ever. Even before this Super Bowl we had to hear that same media lovefest we heard years ago, about how he's going to prove he's the GOAT when he beats the Saints. I even picked Denver, for the first time all year (I jinxed them). The same people that complained when Brees ran the stats up to break the passing records were cheering on Manning doing the same thing, and he made sure he got every last one of them, but in the end he chokes in the Super Bowl. Couldn't have happened better than this.

I hope Seattle runs it up to 50 points, maybe even 57 and break the all time record of points scored in the Super Bowl.

You guys should be happy. You gave Seattle a fight and actually won, you also beat this extremely overrated Broncos team that has been drooled on all season long.

I cannot wait to see that smug look on John Elway's face after this game.

But hey guess what Bronco fans? You now have another record. You just broke the Bills record of most Super Bowl loses, so cheer up.

P.S. The Saints didn't give up 43 points when we got beat down by the Seahawks.

Yea I don't see the defense giving up one of the largest deficits like THAT defense did...

Give credit where credit is due..

Im not arguing that that D was better. But Derrick Brooks > Wagner, Lynch > Chancellor, and Barber > Maxwell. And none of them are particularly close.

Peyton looks ancient out there. No time to throw really and the bump and run coverage and the coverage in general is leaving Denver with nothing. Seattle is playing amazing.

He don't have the arm strength to throw deep anymore or be a threat that way anymore. I am frankly amazed the stats they put up just throwing short most all the time. I'm going to go out on a limb and say adjustments are going to be made by d coordinators and they won't repeat near that next year.

Greatest Super Bowl beat down ever.

It couldn't have happened to a more arrogant team than this. All year long we've heard how Denver would win the Super Bowl and Manning was the greatest ever. Even before this Super Bowl we had to hear that same media lovefest we heard years ago, about how he's going to prove he's the GOAT when he beats the Saints. I even picked Denver, for the first time all year (I jinxed them). The same people that complained when Brees ran the stats up to break the passing records were cheering on Manning doing the same thing, and he made sure he got every last one of them, but in the end he chokes in the Super Bowl. Couldn't have happened better than this.

I hope Seattle runs it up to 50 points, maybe even 57 and break the all time record of points scored in the Super Bowl.

You guys should be happy. You gave Seattle a fight and actually won, you also beat this extremely overrated Broncos team that has been drooled on all season long.

I cannot wait to see that smug look on John Elway's face after this game.

But hey guess what Bronco fans? You now have another record. You just broke the Bills record of most Super Bowl loses, so cheer up.

P.S. The Saints didn't give up 43 points when we got beat down by the Seahawks.

All Baltimore Colts fans that remember the stunt Elway pulled in 83 rejoice tonight.