Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

THE **OFFICIAL** SUPER BOWL XLVIII GAME THREAD.

Dustin

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wore my Manning jersey. When Peyton was with the Colts, every time I wore it, maybe 5x in total, the Colts lost every time. Anyone want to buy a cursed, white Manning Colts jersey?

Seriously, I just put on my white Manning jersey, have never worn any Manning jersey in my life as long a fan as I have been.

I took off the tags on my white manning jersey today and this happens. So we could sell a two for 1 kinda deal

I know. I just don't understand why QBs get all the blame for losing. There are three phases to the game and the Broncos were outplayed in every phase. It's not like they were in the game and Peyton lost it for them.

I know. I just don't understand why QBs get all the blame for losing. There are three phases to the game and the Broncos were outplayed in every phase. It's not like they were in the game and Peyton lost it for them.

Because you don't have to think..to blame the QB./..or credit him...

just blame the QB ...its a simple answer for everything

Coaching can make up for injuries.

I'm not sure that would apply tonight. Seattle was a more talented and determined team from head to toe tonight.

Coaching can make up for injuries.

I'm not sure that would apply tonight. Seattle was a more talented and determined team from head to toe tonight.

Coaching cant make up fro injuries..that's not logical..

..quality subs can..but coaching cant....maybe for a couple of games..but not for long

just blame the QB ...its a simple answer for everything

Manning didnt cause the high snap. Manning didnt give up the kickoff return for the TD. Manning didnt miss the 5 tackles that gave up that TD to the 'hawks player (forget the name), Manning didnt fumble after a 20yrd completion. But Manning is largely responsible for moving the offense down the field, and he failed, and failed in a huge way. 

Manning didnt cause the high snap. Manning didnt give up the kickoff return for the TD. Manning didnt miss the 5 tackles that gave up that TD to the 'hawks player (forget the name), Manning didnt fumble after a 20yrd completion. But Manning is largely responsible for moving the offense down the field, and he failed, and failed in a huge way. 

So....a complete team failure, from top to bottom?

It hurt to watch.....and he'll be blamed for the loss........its all on the him...

.....that';s the life of the top QBs

I wish people would open their eyes about this and see that Denver's entire team screwed up and it wasn't just Peyton. He put his heart out there clearly but Denver laid a big 0. 

I wish people would open their eyes about this and see that Denver's entire team screwed up and it wasn't just Peyton. He put his heart out there clearly but Denver laid a big 0. 

Manning was part of the problem as much as everyone else. Nobody stepped up.

Nobody was part of the solution.

Of course he'll get all the blame. He deserve some of it to be sure.

So....a complete team failure, from top to bottom?

You could say that. But how many times can Manning be on a team with a complete meltdown before it becomes obvious that there is a problem with his performance in the big spot? Ive made every excuse in the book for this guy, but at some point a large part of his playoff failure has to fall on his shoulders. Are we going to pass the buck on this guy for his entire career?

You could say that. But how many times can Manning be on a team with a complete meltdown before it becomes obvious that there is a problem with his performance in the big spot? Ive made every excuse in the book for this guy, but at some point a large part of his playoff failure has to fall on his shoulders. Are we going to pass the buck on this guy for his entire career?

Manning has looked bad in three playoff losses.

This was one of them.

This was probably the first playoff game on a Peyton-led team since the 20-3 Patriots-Colts game that the entire team just spluttered....even in most of their recent playoff losses since Peyton has put the team in a position for a W only for someone else on the team to let them down.

This was probably the first playoff game on a Peyton-led team since the 20-3 Patriots-Colts game that the entire team just spluttered....even in most of their recent playoff losses since Peyton has put the team in a position for a W only for someone else on the team to let them down.

That.

2002 Jets

2004 Pats

2013 Seahawks

Those are the three games where Peyton stunk it up. For the rest it's usually a case of playing his position very well if not great, yet the team can't get it together.

It works both ways. Manning stunk it up/certainly played below expectations VS the Ravens in 2006 yet the TEAM won the game.

That.

1999 Jets

2004 Pats

2006 Ravens (Not terrible, but below average for a QB of his standards)

2013 Seahawks

Those are the three games where Peyton stunk it up. For the rest it's usually a case of playing his position very well if not great, yet the team can't get it together.

It works both ways. Manning stunk it up VS the Ravens in 2006 yet the TEAM won the game.

Even against the Ravens Peyton led the team for five field goal drives against a VERY good Ravens defense on the road (arguably the best in the NFL that year). Difference between that game and this game was the rest of the team was there to keep the Colts in the game.

Even against the Ravens Peyton led the team for five field goal drives against a VERY good Ravens defense on the road (arguably the best in the NFL that year). Difference between that game and this game was the rest of the team was there to keep the Colts in the game.

That's why I don't throw it in with those three games. He played below his expected level, but not terrible. He didn't really do enough to win/carry the load and 9 times out of 10 the Colts would get shellacked in that scenario. He was in full on game manager mode and the COLTS won. A true rarity.

Someone lit a fire under our D that year in the post season.

That's why I don't throw it in with those three games. He played below his expected level, but not terrible. He didn't really do enough to win/carry the load and 9 times out of 10 the Colts would get shellacked in that scenario. He was in full on game manager mode and the COLTS won. A true rarity.

Someone lit a fire under our D that year in the post season.

I remember that year thinking "If the Chargers get to play the Colts in the playoffs how many rushing yards will LT (who had a year for the ages that season) put up against that abomination they call a rushing defense in Indy?"

Thanks to Marlon McCree I never got to see that chance...

And you're seeing the line "Peyton doesn't win in big games" pop up across the board tonight. Then what were the previous two games leading up to the Super Bowl (including a showdown with Godzilla Tom Brady and his 3-ringed monster)? Meaningless preseason games?

That was fun! Gotta loved seeing Peyton playing godawful. Just think, Colts fans, you could still have him instead of the best young QB in the game!

Throwing ducks left and right; that first INT was easily the worst NFL throw I've ever seen. 5' over his WR, so lightly thrown that anyone could have caught it on the defense.

I remember that year thinking "If the Chargers get to play the Colts in the playoffs how many rushing yards will LT (who had a year for the ages that season) put up against that abomination they call a rushing defense in Indy?"

Thanks to Marlon McCree I never got to see that chance...

And you're seeing the line "Peyton doesn't win in big games" pop up across the board tonight. Then what were the previous two games leading up to the Super Bowl (including a showdown with Godzilla Tom Brady and his 3-ringed monster)? Meaningless preseason games?

Manning did not play well in those 2 games (wc and divisonal) leading up to the SB. The defense played lights out. He did play very well against the Patriots in the second half. One of the best performances I've seem by him.

That was fun! Gotta loved seeing Peyton playing godawful. Just think, Colts fans, you could still have him instead of the best young QB in the game!

Throwing ducks left and right; that first INT was easily the worst NFL throw I've ever seen. 5' over his WR, so lightly thrown that anyone could have caught it on the defense.

Well, his arm DID look really, really bad.  Just awful.

For some reason, some Colts/Manning fans think its heresy to actually speak the truth about Manning's lack of playoff success. Team game? Yes. But for a guy that many want to consider the greatest to every play qb, you cant excuse his lackluster playoff record. 

But no matter what I or anyone else says, it wont change their mind.

Seriously guys, you cannot admit the guy just doesnt seem to get it done when it matters most? We've seen this time and time and time again, yet its never Manning's fault to you. Im a Manning fan, but Im also a realist, not an apologist.

Manning did not play well in those 2 games (wc and divisonal) leading up to the SB. The defense played lights out. He did play very well against the Patriots in the second half. One of the best performances I've seem by him.

Eh, in those two games with the ball in his hands at the end of the game, he was able to move the chains and run the clock out without having to give the ball back to the other team (and leave it in the hands of his defense, which has generally produced disastrous results for Manning-led teams).

Against the Chargers he led a drive in the 4th quarter to pretty much put the game out of reach for the Chargers (and even then the Broncos D and ST tried their absolute best to choke the game away). His only mistake was a pass that bounced off the chest of Decker in the end zone and was promptly picked, taking points off the board before the half.

Against the Pats it was pretty much open season on the defense, played very well IMO from start to finish. On one of his FG drives was a pass Julius Thomas couldn't hang onto in the 4th quarter, and because they had to settle for a FG it kept a tiny little pulse in the Pats).

Congrats to the Seahawks, They played a fantastic game. My heart said Peyton and the rest of the Broncos but my brain told me Seahawks, Seattle is just to physical for Broncos receivers and they were able to disrupt Mannings timing, But also much credit to Wilson and his receivers, both made alot of plays

Eh, in those two games with the ball in his hands at the end of the game, he was able to move the chains and run the clock out without having to give the ball back to the other team (and leave it in the hands of his defense, which has generally produced disastrous results for Manning-led teams).

Against the Chargers he led a drive in the 4th quarter to pretty much put the game out of reach for the Chargers (and even then the Broncos D and ST tried their best to choke the game away). His only mistake was a pass that bounced off the chest of Decker in the end zone.

Against the Pats it was pretty much open season on the defense, played very well IMO from start to finish. On one of his FG drives was a pass Julius Thomas couldn't hang onto in the 4th quarter, and because they had to settle for a FG it kept a tiny little pulse in the Pats).

Actually my bad I thought you meant 2006 (I was reading about LT). I agree with you. Peyton played very well against the Chargers and Patriots. 

Actually my bad I thought you meant 2006 (I was reading about LT). I agree with you. Peyton played very well against the Chargers and Patriots. 

haha, well I didn't know you were referring to 2006.

Yeah, Peyton played very lackluster vs. the Chiefs that year, and as I said earlier in this topic he didn't play lights out vs. the Ravens either (again, it's not easy to go into another team's house and drop 35 points on them, especially when they've got arguably the best defense in football). And vs. the Bears in the Super Bowl he played ok, but since they were running the ball very well that game (another rarity with Manning-led teams in the postseason), why fix what isn't broken?

His arm is certainly done. He can make accurate Pennington distance passes, but those long ones are really hit or miss. It's been that way since last season and we all know why.

I saw one pass of Peyton's that had some serious zip on it, and that was one they got called for a penalty... and he threw it out of bounds. Other than that he had zero zip, and when a team like the Seahawks flock to the ball to deliver the hits they were putting on people that isn't going to work.

A special message to all the Colts fans who left for Bronco land when Peyton did... 

I saw one pass of Peyton's that had some serious zip on it, and that was one they got called for a penalty... and he threw it out of bounds. Other than that he had zero zip, and when a team like the Seahawks flock to the ball to deliver the hits they were putting on people that isn't going to work.

A special message to all the Colts fans who left for Bronco land when Peyton did... 

Well since Broncos Lost I guess we won't be seeing any of them come around and gloat how rotten we were and how we were such fools for letting him go..  

Well since Broncos Lost I guess we won't be seeing any of them come around and gloat how rotten we were and how we were such fools for letting him go..  

Ooooops. The first bit of my comment about the "special message" which I deleted was originally part of another one I was going to make that I thought was too mean.

That's just it, though. His long passes are wildly inconsistent. He throws a good one here and there but you can't bank on it.