Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Worst questions asked at media day.

Dustin

The media is stupid, I'm sorry it just is.

Sometimes they have good questions but when they run out of those they ask stupid ones just to hear themselves talk.

It's not just football, you have reporters going up to people who just had their kid killed or their home ripped to bits by a tornado and they just can't help themselves, they have to ask "How do you feel."

I remember watching a college football game, and one of the players had just suddenly lost his dad the week before.  He plays in the game as a tribute to his dad, he's walking off the field crying and his teammates are trying to support him but the stupid media just has to go chasing him down to ask him how he feel's about his dad dying. 

Thankfully the head coached chased them down and said "Ok that's enough" and physically stepped in so that they could ask him the stupid questions.

Some of the questions the media asks are ridiculous.  In a Shawne Merriman interview on ESPN, he was asked what it was like when his house burned down or something to that effect.  What do you think it was like?

I really don't like Merriman but that line of questioning was just ignorant. Good for him for just getting up and walking out.  

Some reporter asked Wes Welker this question: Today who would you rather have the footbal thrown to you by Brady or Manning?

Are you kidding me. Of course he's going to say Manning for today. Maybe a different answer after he retires.

Stupid stuff

I heard on a radio show about some of those questions being asked by the media, don't know where they come up with them.  One of the radio hosts said that Doug Williams was asked during a media day, "How long have you been a black quarterback?"

I heard a female reporter ask Richard Sherman how can mothers influence their young girls that there is more to strive for in society than being an exotic dancer in a club?

Are you kidding me? Is NFL media day the best platform to really ask that question with "play 60" children reporters present?  :slaphead:  :facepalm:

Some of the questions the media asks are ridiculous.  In a Shawne Merriman interview on ESPN, he was asked what it was like when his house burned down or something to that effect.  What do you think it was like?

Wow, just when I thought no one could be that low, obtuse, & cruel they are. Asking that question is so disgraceful IMO.

What's worse? Asking that question or not realizing what is wrong with asking that very question? SMH.

I'm sure many of you have seen this before, but this thread reminded me of when Jay Leno had Mo Rocca interview some players on media day of SBXLI.

My favorite was the "Saturday" underwear.  haha

Shecolt you rock! That was so hilarious! I never watch Jay Leno. Conan & David Letterman are my Late Night favorite hosts. 

Best parts: "Is this just a stepping stone to your dream of playing arena football?"  :lol: 

"You are a member of the special teams correct? Do you like football? [spoken slowly.]  Where is your helmet?" I took special ed classes growing up as a disabled kid myself & it was hysterical how Mo Rocca did that. You have to learn to poke fun at yourself & Mo Rocca is sincere & not mean in his humor & I respect that.  :thmup:

I heard on a radio show about some of those questions being asked by the media, don't know where they come up with them.  One of the radio hosts said that Doug Williams was asked during a media day, "How long have you been a black quarterback?"

Unbelievable...Especially when Doug Williams played & won a SB as the franchise QB for the Redskins because African American QBs were not as prominent as they are now & you do not dismiss what that victory meant for allowing more GMs & coaches to seriously consider the value of having the best man start at QB regardless of what color they are or where they came from. 

I can't believe anyone would be so dismissive of Doug Williams accomplishments. Sad just sad. I don't care if a QB is purple with green polka dots as long as he gives me the best chance to win every game. 

We have come so far, but apparently not far enough...That foolish statement really irritates me & I'm not even a black man, but I do understand discrimination though. Wow...Do reporters ask Peyton Manning, Aaron Rogers, & Tom Brady how long have you been a caucasian QB? Nope. Why? It's not relevant to winning games in the NFL at all. 

Part of me does wish we could get that British reporter that Vance87 posted regarding that Crimson Tide Alabama game though...He may call the game incorrectly, but you never forget his commentary either. LOL! 

"Mother gooooose! Caught by #83 like a dog catches a frisby! Wowzers!" I love that comedic genius!  :worthy: Just a little reminder...

The commercial down the bottom with Scarlett Johansson was awesome.

Yeah Scarlett's commercial was funny amfootball, but I just wish Zoe Saldana would get more advertising opportunities down the road. Just google her name. I have a serious crush on her & she has a knack for comedic timing & superb eye contact. My apologizes for the temporary diversion. 

The Barry White voice over impersonator makes that ad funny IMO. Okay back on topic now...

I really don't like Merriman but that line of questioning was just ignorant. Good for him for just getting up and walking out.  

Exactly Coltsfanmilyman. Merriman handled that situation perfectly. I am astounded that the wide eyed NFL pundits can't understand what they did wrong...That is what is so appalling to me about the whole situation. 

Some of the questions the media asks are ridiculous. In a Shawne Merriman interview on ESPN, he was asked what it was like when his house burned down or something to that effect. What do you think it was like?

I watched that interview live, and have to say that show as a whole is bad. Merriman was there to discuss his foundation when they starting asking him about dating Tila Tequila. Then going into this line of questioning, or vice versa. It was poorly done... and I would have walked too.

Unbelievable...Especially when Doug Williams played & won a SB as the franchise QB for the Redskins because African American QBs were not as prominent as they are now & you do not dismiss what that victory meant for allowing more GMs & coaches to seriously consider the value of having the best man start at QB regardless of what color they are or where they came from. 

I can't believe anyone would be so dismissive of Doug Williams accomplishments. Sad just sad. I don't care if a QB is purple with green polka dots as long as he gives me the best chance to win every game. 

We have come so far, but apparently not far enough...That foolish statement really irritates me & I'm not even a black man, but I do understand discrimination though. Wow...Do reporters ask Peyton Manning, Aaron Rogers, & Tom Brady how long have you been a caucasian QB? Nope. Why? It's not relevant to winning games in the NFL at all. 

Yeah, it was a ridiculous question.  I was at that point in time a Redskins fan and enjoyed watching Doug Williams play.  Hopefully, one day people will just see other people.