Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What is the deal with Khaled Holmes?

1yrdandacloudofdust

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was he hurt for most of the yr or something? He wasnt even put on the playoff roster. I followed some of his college career and up till his injury plagued sr yr, he was a stud. He looked good in the kc gm. I think he could be a better guard than thornton, but potentially a pro bowl caliber center. When will he get his shot

I'm guessing that he was still recovering from injuries all season. When he was finally active he played well enough in mop up time.

We won't know where he stands until the preseason.

Guest TeamLoloJones

No its not. I fear Ty Hilton will start the season as a backup again. And McGlynn will be the starting guard with satele at center

If McGlynn is resigned...be mad at Grigson, not Pagano.

This is concerning, if he was hurt. He didn't even play in gms to get hurt

Chapman was recovering from injuries his entire rookie year. He didn't play at all. If Boyett had not drunked his way off the squad, he probably wouldn't have seen the field either as he was also recovering from injuries sustained in college.

I don't find it that concerning since these guys are "projects" and not meant to be immediate starters.

McGlynn could be a good center. Based on interviews, that seems to be his most comfortable position. The coach should know that and play the player where he's most comfortable and productive

He's no better a center than Satele. You can check the facts out on PFF or Colts authority.

The reason it seemed like he was better was because we didn't have two bad players next to each other. When either he or Satele were out, the line was better.

Both guys are decent back ups, neither should be starters.

Guest TeamLoloJones

McGlynn could be a good center. Based on interviews, that seems to be his most comfortable position. The coach should know that and play the player where he's most comfortable and productive

Pagano does show a lot of loyalty to his players, and maybe to his detriment.  But he did adjust as the season progressed, by playing Rogers, Whalen, Gordy, McNary and benching DHB, and shaking up the offensive line.  It's irritating that people just bash Pagano for not changing the lineup (albeit maybe not soon enough) but then completely ignore it when he does make a change.

I'm sure the coach does know.  Just because he isn't doing what YOU say, doesnt make him wrong.

It's irritating that people just bash Pagano for not changing the lineup (albeit maybe not soon enough) but then completely ignore it when he does make a change.

I hate how they bash him for playing McGlynn and Satelle instead of our really good OLineman that we didn't have.... 

No its not. I fear Ty Hilton will start the season as a backup again. And McGlynn will be the starting guard with satele at center

No you don't.

Your tossing out flaming remarks to get attention.

But you don't think either of those things, especially the Hilton comment.   McGlynn only starts when someone else gets hurt.

And if you do believe those things,  you're admitting you don't know much about football.

So,  which will it be?

I actually agree with 1yrd, Chuck is quickly getting a reputation as being very stubborn, conservative, and WAY TOO LOYAL.

SS DID not deserve to be the starting C the end of last season.    McG did, he, Thornton,and Reitz or Link at G was Indy's most effective interior lineup (after the Thomas injury).   And it really was not close.  SS constantly gets blown up.  

Same with Pag's insistence to stay with T Rich when Brown was CLEARLY out playing him.    It only took him til the last minute to FINALLY get Brown more touches and T Rich in on 3rd down only.

Same with the D...  they do not want to make changes for whatever reason.   And it hurt this team. 

Punt on 4th and 1 down 21 with 9 minutes left in a PLAYOFF GAME?   Are you serious?

I think Chuck has done a really good job thus far, but there is plenty of room for improvement.      The conservative nature is not going to win in today's NFL.   And just because Indy paid a FA or traded for a guy should NOT determine whether or not he gets the minutes or not.  And sadly I think this is the case with SS.  

I heard Bill Parcels say this once...  "loyalty will get you fired"..  

This trash is really getting old.

He was not strong enough in his upper body according to local radio throughout the season.    He was not getting in the lineup regardless last season.    SS was going to be the starter if healthy ...    McG totally outplayed him and was continually moved back to G,  where he was down right horrible.

It just doesn't make any sense to me.

SS has to go, I know this team can find better.  At least someone who can stand their ground?

As for Holmes.....    no one knows why he didn't play more.

Injuries are the most likely reason....     but the other reason is not clear.

Holmes is going to have to show a lot in pre-season.....    This is a very, very important off-season for him and the team.

Guest TeamLoloJones

I actually agree with 1yrd, Chuck is quickly getting a reputation as being very stubborn, conservative, and WAY TOO LOYAL.

SS DID not deserve to be the starting C the end of last season.    McG did, he, Thornton,and Reitz or Link at G was Indy's most effective interior lineup (after the Thomas injury).   And it really was not close.  SS constantly gets blown up.  

Same with Pag's insistence to stay with T Rich when Brown was CLEARLY out playing him.    It only took him til the last minute to FINALLY get Brown more touches and T Rich in on 3rd down only.

Same with the D...  they do not want to make changes for whatever reason.   And it hurt this team. 

Punt on 4th and 1 down 21 with 9 minutes left in a PLAYOFF GAME?   Are you serious?

I think Chuck has done a really good job thus far, but there is plenty of room for improvement.      The conservative nature is not going to win in today's NFL.   And just because Indy paid a FA or traded for a guy should NOT determine whether or not he gets the minutes or not.  And sadly I think this is the case with SS.  

I heard Bill Parcels say this once...  "loyalty will get you fired"..  

Your comment on Trich and Brown at the last minute is completely inaccurate.  

What great defensive players did we have sitting on the bench could Chuck have turned to instead of who was out there?  

The offensive line, even with Satele in there, played it's best in pass protection all season at the end of the year, so are you still mad that Chuck had those people in there protecting Luck?

He's no better a center than Satele. You can check the facts out on PFF or Colts authority.

The reason it seemed like he was better was because we didn't have two bad players next to each other. When either he or Satele were out, the line was better.

Both guys are decent back ups, neither should be starters.

those aren't facts

He was not strong enough in his upper body according to local radio throughout the season.    He was not getting in the lineup regardless last season.    SS was going to be the starter if healthy ...    McG totally outplayed him and was continually moved back to G,  where he was down right horrible.

It just doesn't make any sense to me.

SS has to go, I know this team can find better.  At least someone who can stand their ground?

Thanks for the good 411...

Always appreciate the local info...!        :thmup:

Chapman was recovering from injuries his entire rookie year. He didn't play at all. If Boyett had not drunked his way off the squad, he probably wouldn't have seen the field either as he was also recovering from injuries sustained in college.

I don't find it that concerning since these guys are "projects" and not meant to be immediate starters.

Both the guys you mention were coming off knee surgery. Chapman was never on the active roster and Boyett would have probably gone the same route PUP for 8 weeks and then IR. Although Holmes fought through an ankle injury his senior year and also was dinged up a bit in training camp and early season , I think what you have above is a little bit apples to oranges.

Both the guys you mention were coming off knee surgery. Chapman was never on the active roster and Boyett would have probably gone the same route PUP for 8 weeks and then IR. Although Holmes fought through an ankle injury his senior year and also was dinged up a bit in training camp and early season , I think what you have above is a little bit apples to oranges.

And I'm still not concerned.

Pagano does show a lot of loyalty to his players, and maybe to his detriment.  But he did adjust as the season progressed, by playing Rogers, Whalen, Gordy, McNary and benching DHB, and shaking up the offensive line.  It's irritating that people just bash Pagano for not changing the lineup (albeit maybe not soon enough) but then completely ignore it when he does make a change.

More likely Conservative Chuck got booted in the tail and TOLD to make those adjustments.