Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We beat both the #1 seeds now headed to the SB

Happy2BeHere

Kind of ironic that of the 4 last standing we beat 3 of the 4.

Just couldn't win the one that mattered most!

Still a great great year. Not sure who I want to win in the SB. I think overall manning of course. But what more you could ask for, best offense vs best defense. They say defense wins championships but I think that's not going to be the case this year.

Manning is on fire and he is just so focused on winning this year, I expect it to be a good game though.

Kind of ironic that of the 4 last standing we beat 3 of the 4.

Just couldn't win the one that mattered most!

Still a great great year. Not sure who I want to win in the SB. I think overall manning of course. But what more you could ask for, best offense vs best defense. They say defense wins championships but I think that's not going to be the case this year.

Manning is on fire and he is just so focused on winning this year, I expect it to be a good game though.

Like Rick Flair says:

To be the man, you've got to beat the man !!

Wooooooooooooo!!

You've got to wonder if thats been done before. Maybe if the Pats had of won the SB then we could have claimed bragging rights over number 2 spot in league by way of beating Bronos, 49ers and Seahawks in regular season ;-) I'll be rooting for Peyton and the Broncos as not only will Peyton win another deserved ring he'll also probably save Richard Shermans life as the guys head might explode fuelled by this mouth if the Seahawks win. Yeah you might be the 'best corner in the league' Sherman but Andrew and TY spent a game making you look average! :-) :-)

Regular season different than playoffs.

Yeah, what are the odds that both the Ravens and Steelers miss the playoffs the same year? When was the last time that happened? Gosh, I can't even remember. Those 2 teams will always be a hard out.

How many times has that happened since 2006?

Every single time.

2006 Colts, 2007 Giants, 2008 Steelers, 2009 Saints, 2010 Packers, 2011 Giants, 2012 Ravens have all played the NFC East and the Patriots in the regular season. Of course, the Giants are in the NFC East but they played the Pats in the regular season in the 2007 and 2011 seasons.

Till the 2006 AFCCG, Belichick had a very good record vs teams he faced twice in a season after facing them once in the regular season. Since then, it has been down the toilet during the second meeting. 2006 Colts, 2007 Giants, 2009 Ravens, 2010 Jets (though it was the 3rd time), 2011 Giants, 2012 Ravens, 2013 Broncos

To be honest, for all the research that ESPN does about the Eagles home opener stuff, they should call me for patterns that go further back than 2009 :)

Every single time.

2006 Colts, 2007 Giants, 2008 Steelers, 2009 Saints, 2010 Packers, 2011 Giants, 2012 Ravens have all played the NFC East and the Patriots in the regular season. Of course, the Giants are in the NFC East but they played the Pats in the regular season in the 2007 and 2011 seasons.

Till the 2006 AFCCG, Belichick had a very good record vs teams he faced twice in a season after facing them once in the regular season. Since then, it has been down the toilet during the second meeting. 2006 Colts, 2007 Giants, 2009 Ravens, 2010 Jets (though it was the 3rd time), 2011 Giants, 2012 Ravens, 2013 Broncos

To be honest, for all the research that ESPN does about the Eagles home opener stuff, they should call me for patterns that go further back than 2009 :)

Interesting.  I would have guess three times max. 

If you need a reference for the ESPN gig, you can use me. :)

True dat but we also lost to the Rams, Cardinals and Dolphins who were home watching the playoffs.  So perspective.  We were good this year but not consistent or more importantly healthy enough to go all the way.  Lots of work to do this off-season.

The Seahawks also lost to us and the Cardinals, so what does that say if they win the SB.....that losses like that dont tell as much as people think.

Yeah, what are the odds that both the Ravens and Steelers miss the playoffs the same year? When was the last time that happened? Gosh, I can't even remember. Those 2 teams will always be a hard out.

I guess continual years of drafting on the bottom, getting assistant coaches plucked , losing good players to free agency will do it. The Steelers and Ravens are in Colts mode after their bad year. We will see if either team can pop back as fast as the Colts.

The Seahawks also lost to us and the Cardinals, so what does that say if they win the SB.....that losses like that dont tell as much as people think.

True but neither do the wins over Broncos, Seahawks, Niners especially when they occurred earlier in the season when the Colts were healthier and a much different team.  Neither losing to Dolphins/Rams/Cardinals or beating Broncos/Niners/Hawks tells the whole story.  Bottom line this year we were good but not quite consistent enough to overcome all of our injuries and make it to the Bowl. We still have work to do (particularly on defense and in the trenches) to get where the Broncos & Hawks are now.