Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will we have both #1 seeds in the Super Bowl?

Jules

You mean just like the team playing Eagles in the opener winning the SB.

Oh wait.

I wasn't the one that brought that up. U r talking to the pattern king. Teams that have played the NFC East and Patriots have won SB since 2006. Look it up. This year, it's the Broncos that have done both, just saying what I said before.

I wasn't the one that brought that up. U r talking to the pattern king. Teams that have played the NFC East and Patriots have won SB since 2006. Look it up. This year, it's the Broncos that have done both, just saying what I said before.

Nothing personal to you buddy. Relax.

You are holding this patternism too close to your heart. It means nothing was my point.

Nothing personal to you buddy. Relax.

You are holding this patternism too close to your heart. It means nothing was my point.

Yep, we just have to say how things play out. Records and patterns can be broken.

The Saints SB, no one that lost to the Bucs in the last 44 years in the SB era had won the SB. But that could have also meant that the Bucs were terrible for so long, which they were :). Saints bucked that pattern that lasted 44 years, but then once the Saints' undefeated streak was broken, they relaxed a bit at the end of the year and they lost to the Bucs. So, yeah, it is all about what happens on the field.

Patterns can be found for every conceivable outcome if you look hard enough.

Very true..

....remember how Phil Rivers was 6-2 in Denver?

....How Peyton manning was 1-and-done 8 times?

...how the last 4 Super Bowl winners (this year: SD) opened the home season for Phily?

.....Trends can simply be coincidences

Very true..

....remember how Phil Rivers was 6-2 in Denver?

....How Peyton manning was 1-and-done 8 times?

...how the last 4 Super Bowl winners (this year: SD) opened the home season for Phily?

.....Trends can simply be coincidences

Remember when Jon Gruden said the Colts were a team of destiny? ;)

I really like that form held this season as I want to see the best teams fight it out. I love the NFC match up almost as much as the AFC but honestly nothing tops Brady/Manning. NOTHING. I am so happy Manning didn't retire. I hope he plays as long as Brady. I will never tire of their games.

I think Denver will beat NE at home.

Seattle will win the SB running away. The Hawks are just too balanced on both sides of the ball.

Manning and Brady are great but niether one has the personnel to play with Seattle.

I would say Denver and Seattle would be the most intriguing matchup with Denvers weapons on offense.

I think Denver will beat NE at home.

Seattle will win the SB running away. The Hawks are just too balanced on both sides of the ball.

Manning and Brady are great but niether one has the personnel to play with Seattle.

I would say Denver and Seattle would be the most intriguing matchup with Denvers weapons on offense.

In the preseason game between Seahawks and Broncos, in which Seattle were playing at playoff mentality while Denver was trying different things out, Manning was having no problem moving the chain in the noise, while Hilman had two fumbles (one returned from Seattle endzone all the way to Denver's for a TD) and JThomas had another to get the game out of their hand. Even Seattle's defense admitted that they could not stop Manning.

On a neutral field Seattle would not play as well as they do at home, and the difference is significant.

I think it's going to be an epic SB between Denver and Seattle. Seattle gets it done . Denver NE is a toss up to me though. Wouldn't be surprised to see New England win. Even Seattle SF isn't a give me for Seattle. I would be surprised to see a NE SF Superbowl though.

In the preseason game between Seahawks and Broncos, in which Seattle were playing at playoff mentality while Denver was trying different things out, Manning was having no problem moving the chain in the noise, while Hilman had two fumbles (one returned from Seattle endzone all the way to Denver's for a TD) and JThomas had another to get the game out of their hand. Even Seattle's defense admitted that they could not stop Manning.

On a neutral field Seattle would not play as well as they do at home, and the difference is significant.

I know you just didn't compare a pre-season game scenario to a potential SB???

Seattle playing at playoff mentality in a pre-season game. lol