Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Runningbacks

bap1331

What do we do here? It's a mess. What can we expect from Richardson? A one two combo would have been a big difference maker today.

1. Donald-may ask for a good contract but we need to fill holes on the oline.

2. Trent- do we admit our mistake and move on?

3. Vick Ballard-coming off an injury. What can we expect?

4. Ahmad Bradshaw-mark my words that we would have demolished the Pats if we had this guy. He did it to the Pats to win 2 SBs with the Giants and it wouldn't have allowed the Pats to be running all game. He is a defense killer.

5. Herron and that other guy we signed?

Question... Is it worth the risk to bring all these backs back?

I would bring Bradshaw one last time as a third running back. I know it's risky but he still has 2-3 years left in him. It would allow luck to be less obvious with the passing game. And maybe donald if he comes at a cheap price.

I saw more dancing from DB tonight than I have seen all year from him. Right now I believe Ballard is the best back on the team. I would keep the top 3 you have listed with Vick being the starter next season. Trent needs to regain some quickness, study HARD, and watch film of himself and the missed holes and dancing in the backfield. Don't think we can just get rid of him after one season being as though we gave up a 1st rounder, it would be even more embarrassing that it already is.

I saw more dancing from DB tonight than I have seen all year from him. Right now I believe Ballard is the best back on the team. I would keep the top 3 you have listed with Vick being the starter next season. Trent needs to regain some quickness, study HARD, and watch film of himself and the missed holes and dancing in the backfield. Don't think we can just get rid of him after one season being as though we gave up a 1st rounder, it would be even more embarrassing that it already is.

It's like you took the words straight out of my mouth haha:)

Brown will probably leave on a small contact to go somewhere with a offensive line, if he can. I don't think running backs would come to this team if they had a choice.

We need to upgrade the whole interior line. Hopefully Donald Thomas can be part of that. Maybe Thornton improves a whole lot in the offseason, but we should probably bring in at least one other guard. We obviously need better play at center.

Until we address that running back hardly matters. I assume Ballard and Richardson will be the guys.

I'm afraid you're right about DB.....

I think Brown just played his fuinal game for the Colts....they;ve been trying to replace him since coach Chuck got here.

He wants a big slow powerful guy that Brown can never be....he's consistently said he wants a power runner

We need to draft a guy like that..a 230-pound short yardage guy to go with Vic Ballard and Trent

We've invested too much in Trent for him not to be heavily involved next year. I guess the big question is how Vick comes back after his injury. If Bradshaw can prove his health I think we give him another year too. Brown I suspect may go. For all our flaws yesterday I felt we were a good running game away from really getting to the Pats.

Get rid of Satele and McGlynn and any RB we have will gain double the yardage they initially were intended to put out.

Well said. I was just going to say that the Pats RBs are nothing special. But put them behind that line and it's like having Jim Brown, Gale Sayers, and Walter Payton.

Our RBs are fine. Our interior line stinks in the run game.

I think Brown is gone.. Wish he wasn't, but I think someone will offer too much for us to match with all the other holes we need to fill.

Richardson will be back, no question.. I know he was awful, but they invested too much to not try making him a big part of the game plan next year..

Can't really trust Bradshaw to stay healthy.. But if he is progressing well and wants to come back for a very minimum contract then we will see...

Ballard

TRich

Bradshaw/late round draft pick/UDFA

Unless DB takes a team friendly deal, then it will be Ballard and T-Rich and Herron for special teams.

Ultimately, this is all irrelevant unless the O-Line and it's depth gets upgraded. Maybe we can find a better Fullback as well. They really have to get a line that allows Richardson & Ballard to run straight up the gut for 3-5 yards and not hit behind the line and not have the big guy dance around like Shady McCoy which he is definitely not. 

Yes he might consider a bigger pay day somewhere else

Trent stays he will look better with a better O-line next season

he will be fine as a one/two punch with Trent
4. Ahmad Bradshaw-Done

who didnt? we just seem to notice it when it s him

I said he ran the ball well. All year really, but he still struggles big time in pass protection. Great change of pace back. If Ballard and Bradshaw stayed healthy our run game would have been crazy with Brown

What do we do here? It's a mess. What can we expect from Richardson? A one two combo would have been a big difference maker today.

4. Ahmad Bradshaw-mark my words that we would have demolished the Pats if we had this guy. He did it to the Pats to win 2 SBs with the Giants and it wouldn't have allowed the Pats to be running all game. He is a defense killer.

5. Herron and that other guy we signed?

Question... Is it worth the risk to bring all these backs back?

I would bring Bradshaw one last time as a third running back. I know it's risky but he still has 2-3 years left in him. It would allow luck to be less obvious with the passing game. And maybe donald if he comes at a cheap price.

brown is gone

Bradshaw is gone

have rb,s we are keeping need salary cap space.  ballard , trent  maybe draft rb .