Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck can't win the big one. Face the facts!

Jules

That picture likely hurt Andrew when he got tons of offers for nude male modeling jobs and was unable to focus on the game.

It's a conspiracy for sure.

Dang it Andrew!  You need to stop thinking about things outside of football and possible endorsement deals and focus on football 24/7!

oh plz.  If anyone else had our team, they wouldn't even touch what we did, even brady.  Andrew is in his sophomore year.  Give brady our OLine, Defense, and running game.  I doubt he be in the playoffs.  Brady always had a good Oline and defense to back him up.  Andrew luck can't win the big one?  Who the hell can when they score on every drive? They could have beaten us w/o tom brady in this game. Thats how bad our supporting case is.  Andrew got hit multiple times while brady has a tea party.  Andrew wearing the elbow brace shocked me.  

Someone missed that this thread was a joke...

Jesus tapdancing christ.... here let me hand feed you a little more... Grigson's next comment:

"Other guys dont want the ball."

Thats right. The Rodgers, the Bradys, the Brees dont want the ball. Just MJ and Luck.

You better stop pasting his comments. More you do, looks more embarrassing.

"Other guys dont want the ball."

Thats right. The Rodgers, the Bradys, the Brees dont want the ball. Just MJ and Luck.

You better stop pasting his comments. More you do, looks more embarrassing.

Did he say "every other guy"?  Nope.  Now Grigson could have used Rodgers, Brady, Brees or Manning instead of Jordan but it wouldn't have mattered now would it?  Of course not because then you would simply be here complaining that:

"Ryan Grigson neid to shut up. 

C'parigg him t' XX (insert elite QB name here) in 4d karteh blah blah. Let him play de game. He is in his seconb year f' God's sake. Took XX (insert elite QB name here) himself XX (insert elite QB name here) years bef'e he won a championship."

first%252Blaw%252Bof%252Bholes.jpg

Skip Bayless Should have some nice writing paper after this one 

Well I am sure and then someone will post a thread about it. Isn't Skip the one who actually took credit for the Heat winning it all saying that Lebron took his advice or something? Something about reading and distracting himself better before games.

Total waste of time. Nobody please ever post a thing that man says ever again. You would have better luck listening to my mom who actually thought there were two AFC games this weekend and that's it.....she forgot the NFC was still in it for some reason.

I applaud your attempt at humor Jules in order to lighten the mood, but SW1 just isn't ready to laugh yet. Give me about 3 days to digest this loss first please. INDY was on the way to leveling the playing field with just over 5 minutes in the 3rd QTR & the score was 29-22 thanks to a TY Hilton TD & then disaster struck with yet another pick. Sigh...

What bothered me most is that the game pretty much started & ended the exact same way with an interception to CB Alfonzo Dennark. Poetic in a greek tragedy kind of way actually. 

I must give the NE Patriots credit RBs Blount, Ridley, & LB Hightower played a great game. WR Edelman was dangerous too just like I thought he would be. Brady must also be praised for his open willingness to run the ball predominately & not be upset that he never threw a TD all game long. Very impressive & selfless on his part as an elite franchise QB. 

Man, I was praying that Colts safety Antoine Bethea was going to pick off Brady's pass in the endzone. He did get his fingertips on it for a brief second. Once that ball hit the ground, SW1 got a sinking feeling in my gut that INDy's season was nearly over in a foreshadowing fashion anyway. No calls really upset me that much except the non tripping call on DT Joe Vellano, but that's Playoff football some penalties get missed. It happens all the time. I was mad for about 2 minutes & then I let it go. 

I also really appreciate the kind words Tom Brady said regarding Andrew Luck's excellent playing on the field & you can tell that he respects Luck & knows how good he truly is. Thank you. What NE did tonight methodically scoring TDs vs FGs was remarkable. Both your defense & secondary came to play tonight & I do respect how you won with Wilfork, Mayo, Spikes, & Gronk all being out. 

I really detest losing, but I tip my cap to my NE friends [Yehoodi, FE, GoPats, VL, Amfootball, 16 NO, Snowglobe, Dynasty13, JJ, etc.] for their incredible season & victory tonight. Your team didn't turn the ball over once & you ran the ball with deliberate precision & intensity. Bravo!  :hat: INDY will be back next season & I look forward to facing your top tier franchise again. Much respect NE. Much respect...

Our team has nothing to be ashamed of. We beat Denver, KC, Seattle, & the 49ers this season. We will remember the bitterness of losing & use it as fuel to compete next year with RBs Bradshaw & Ballard. Luck won't throw as many interceptions & our GM Ryan Grigson will tweek & strengthen our o-line. I am proud of Hilton, Whalen, & Fleener who all make plays tonight & Brown didn't fumble once either. Nice! 

Losing Reggie Wayne make our club mentally stronger & we will grow from this experience. Adam didn't miss any FGs either which kept INDY alive as well. Congrats INDY! You had a darn good year!

The worst part of losing other than no SB ring is getting to hear Skip Bayless slam Andrew Luck tomorrow morning. Actually, Monday morning.  Oh well, SW1 is used to it by now.   haha

PS I apologize if this entry is the wrong thread to put down my true feelings about Saturday night's game considering that this topic is intended to lighten the sting of defeat, but SW1 just needed to write down my assessment of the loss somewhere as quickly as possible to speed up the healing process. 

I applaud your attempt at humor Jules in order to lighten the mood, but SW1 just isn't ready to laugh yet. Give me about 3 days to digest this loss first please. 

so should she wait 3 days before starting a humorous thread, or should you wait 3 days before replying to it? :P

I applaud your attempt at humor Jules in order to lighten the mood, but SW1 just isn't ready to laugh yet. Give me about 3 days to digest this loss first please. INDY was on the way to leveling the playing field with just over 5 minutes in the 3rd QTR & the score was 29-22 thanks to a TY Hilton TD & then disaster struck with yet another pick. Sigh...

I agree, I also had hope we could pull off a miracle when down 29-22. It seemed like it could happen, when down even 2 TDs I felt it could happen. 3 TDs? No way.

I think our magic ran out. And quite frankly we need to rely on more then just magic to win games too. We need to become more fundamentally sound all around on this squad. Perhaps we are not ready to waltz out there in tough environments and handle the big boy teams......saw it last year in Baltimore and this year in NE.

If it makes you feel any better I told myself at one point that even if we pulled it out and won we are playing with fire winning so many high scoring games and eventually it would have to end. You can't continuously win playoff games playing from behind like this. Once in a while is fun but every time is a problem.

We will get better though next year and hopefully we keep improving. This year we made it a step farther in the playoffs then last year. Hopefully we can crack the AFCCG next season and beyond......

so should she wait 3 days before starting a humorous thread, or should you wait 3 days before replying to it? :P

I view like a rehab detox clinic Jason_s. Give me 3 days to purge myself of these venomous toxins or rather the pain & anger over losing. But, feel free to approach me like it's dealer's choice at the black jack table & you are the one distributing the cards. 

Translation: Respond whenever your little Queen of heart(s) desires Jason, but SW1 might not reply to whatever you say to my post for 72 hours. Does that clear up your enigma? I hope so. LOL! 

But, I am surprised that I am calm enough to commend NE for their win. I was going to do it eventually. Quite frankly, I am just shocked that I am able to extend this hand of generosity toward NE this fast. But, then again, I always knew how good they were & how flawless INDY needed to be to hang with NE & pull away with a victory tonight. JMO.

I wanted a different result naturally, but the final outcome did not astonish me 1 bit.

NE is a darn good football team & INDY got 1 step closer than last year like Jules said. INDY is no slouch cream puff team either. To be the best, we have to beat the best. INDY has work to do. We are very good not exceptional. Not yet anyway, but the Colts are climbing & we will reach the NFL Promiseland under the Pagano/Luck regime. Not if but when...It's gonna happen. I can feel it down to my bones. 

Although NE does make me scratch my head. Whats in their water?

They could probably take a homeless man and turn him into a pro bowler.

And nobody wins there.....like ever. In the playoffs we have just seen the Jets in a MONSTER upset win and the Ravens twice.

At least so far in the Luck era though we are 1-0 at home in the playoffs, I take home playoff game much much more seriously.

Oh wait why is this thread getting serious!

Although NE does make me scratch my head. Whats in their water?

And nobody wins there.....like ever. In the playoffs we have just seen the Jets in a MONSTER upset win and the Ravens twice.

At least so far in the Luck era though we are 1-0 at home in the playoffs, I take home playoff game much much more seriously.

Oh wait why is this thread getting serious!

Your 1st 2 sentences are right on the money. Aside from WR Chad Johnson, how in the world does NE grab subpar talent or discarded athletes that no one wants & win? : Wes Welker, Randy Moss, Corey Dillon, & LeGarrette Blount, even former INDY WR Austin Collie had a crucial 4th qtr catch tonight. 

I think our GM Grigs is in a good cap situation now & I hope that he spends money wisely to improve our roster before we must pay Luck some serious cash down the line making other play makers expendable etc. etc. No, I am no salary cap expert & I have no desire to become one either. Yes, INDY did win a post season victory against KC. We were not eliminated in the 1st round & that demonstrates serious pose, evolution, & strength as an organization. Good point. We have proven that when we are down, we are never down & out for the count & that mojo is admirable is it not? 

As far as the seriousness of this once comic thread, blame that on me, SW1 dropped the hard nosed anvil in here you didn't Jules. My bad!  haha  Sorry everyone my apologies...

Shane Bond said once that Bill Belichick could probably work wonders with QB Curtis Painter. [if I recall correctly, Shane was only kidding.]

To which I immediately dismissed, but perhaps even I must rethink my previous dismissiveness to Bond's initial statement given tonight's Patriots performance & Matt Cassel going 11-5 in 2008 the year of Brady's knee surgery...

All valid points except that QB Tim Tebow never panned out in NE. So superior NFL intellect courtesy of BB does have it's limitations. Whew! That's good to know. I apologize to all the Tim Tebow fans out there for that joke. LOL! 

However, I refuse to apologize to Painter fans out there for the cold sweats Curtis gave me & everyone else in INDY whenever he touched the ball or should I say turned it over repeatedly to be more accurate. 

If it were up to me, I would fire Polian, his son, And Caldwell, then replace over half our defense with 3/4 guys. I would let Reggie and Luck lead the team. I would find ways to free up Mathis because I think he still can be an X factor rushing the QB. I would keep Clyde Cjristianson though because he looks like a grown up Leave it to Beaver. I would feature Brown more because I think all of our RBs will become injured next season....just a guess. Definitely keep the bulk of our Oline because they seem to have become friends off the field. Can't break up team chemistry. Lastly, I would hire Lucks old offensive coordinator because you can't have enough Cardinals on your professional football team. Jim Harbaugh, answer your phone.

Shane Bond said once that Bill Belichick could probably work wonders with QB Curtis Painter. [if I recall correctly, Shane was only kidding.]

To which I immediately dismissed, but perhaps even I must rethink my previous dismissiveness to Bond's initial statement given tonight's Patriots performance & Matt Cassel going 11-5 in 2008 the year of Brady's knee surgery...

All valid points except that QB Tim Tebow never panned out in NE. So superior NFL intellect courtesy of BB does have it's limitations. Whew! That's good to know. I apologize to all the Tim Tebow fans out there for that joke. LOL! 

However, I refuse to apologize to Painter fans out there for the cold sweats Curtis gave me & everyone else in INDY whenever he touched the ball or should I say turned it over repeatedly to be more accurate. 

Hey there SW,

Bill is indeed fallible. He has missed quite a bit with both WRs and DBs over the years but he may indeed be the best teaching coach out there. Talib told Blount when he was coming to NE to get his notebook out as he will be studying like crazy. Bill does not just know football, he may be the best at teaching it. In this regard, IMO, he is the most like Lombardi.

Hey there SW,

Bill is indeed fallible. He has missed quite a bit with both WRs and DBs over the years but he may indeed be the best teaching coach out there. Talib told Blount when he was coming to NE to get his notebook out as he will be studying like crazy. Bill does not just know football, he may be the best at teaching it. In this regard, IMO, he is the most like Lombardi.

I'm not doubting his ability to teach. The book "The Education Of A Coach" & the influence of his father proves that hands down. I was only relieved or rather half joking about the fact that there are some things BB does not excel at like transforming every athlete at NE into a shining NFL success or setting his car's clock correcting during daylight savings time. Cool, BB & SW1 have at least 1 thing in common. Nice.  ;)

Bill understood "that knowledge is power" through meticulous & frequent film study of your opponent & their tendencies coverage & scheme wise. Bill's job was to make you do what you hated to do, couldn't do, or ultimately what was your biggest weakness. 

I'm not doubting his ability to teach. The book "The Education Of A Coach" & the influence of his father proves that hands down. I was only relieved or rather half joking about the fact that there are some things BB does not excel at like transforming every athlete at NE into a shining NFL success or setting his car's clock correcting during daylight savings time. Cool, BB & SW1 have at least 1 thing in common. Nice.  ;)

Bill understood "that knowledge is power" through meticulous & frequent film study of your opponent & their tendencies coverage & scheme wise. Bill's job was to make you do what you hated to do, couldn't do, or ultimately what was your biggest weakness. 

Yes. He has had his misses for sure. I liked the game plan to be physical with TY. Seemed to really knock him off his game. The DBs played tight all night actually which was nice to see. The one time they went to zone, Luck scored in three plays in under a minute.

Yes. He has had his misses for sure. I liked the game plan to be physical with TY. Seemed to really knock him off his game. The DBs played tight all night actually which was nice to see. The one time they went to zone, Luck scored in three plays in under a minute.

Yeah, I figured Talib would shut Hilton down, but I knew TY would break free & score at some point. I said this in the Joe Vellano tripping topic. If INDY had a healthy RB in Ahmad Bradshaw instead of Trent Richardson, this game would have been much tighter. All that aside, NE's running game was like a wrecking ball unstoppable. A very impressive win nevertheless. 

BTW: Just for old sentimental reasons, I hope the AFC Championship Game is Denver vs NE. NE vs the Chargers doesn't interest me at all for a trip to the Big Dance...Brady competes for a 4th ring & Manning his 2nd...

Slightly off topic: I did find the interview between Bill Cowher & BB interesting prior to the Divisional round tonight. Namely, how long a person has to be removed from patrolling an NFL sideline & still be referred to as "coach?" Is it like a retired general from the military once a general always a general or after 4 years do former coaches become ordinary citizens now?

I've always wondered what the protocol is or the statute of limitations Any theories on that question? Please share your feedback please everyone. Thank you. They even affectionately call John Madden a coach & he has been out of that profession for years. BTW: TV Broadcasting & developing game day plans are not the same thing John.

If coaches in this league must make the same locker room speeches fresh & new, did BB look forward to this 2013 season just to prove why his philosophy works during an unsettling time with an above average player including Hernandez sitting in prison injure ratio? INDY had key players hurt at key positions too. 

He has zero rings to Brady's 3 rings.

I am sorry I had to. lmao Lighten the mood a bit......

Well by your thoughts we trade him for a lesser QB even if it was meant as joke.. Brady has been in the leauge a long time while Luck has ben in the league 2 years. even Brady didn't get his 3 rings right away. To say Luck can't win the big game at this point is completely wrong. Luck has been in the playoffs his first two seasons not many QBs can say that.  This team is improving and give Luck time. he still needs some pieces around him and the D has to improve. Luck can't do it alone just like Brady can't and I do not like Brady. I would take my chances with Luck anyday as he still is  learning but improving at the same time and is young.