Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL assigns controversial referee Clete Blakeman to Broncos-Chargers playoff game

bayone

+++  this is the guy who didnt call the penalty on game ending Kronk probable PI    +++

With six years in the NFL — four as a referee and two as a field judge — Blakeman is the least experienced ref in the NFL this season.

A quick glance at Blakeman’s stats shows that he and his crew called 5 percent more penalties against the home team this season than the league average. He and his crew also flagged the most offensive pass interference calls this season. But he oversees slightly fewer penalties overall than the NFL ref average.

++ Great ( Sarcastic )  a guy who calls m ore penaties on home teams & more offensive PI not defensive ones and denver is a throwing team @ home ++

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2014/01/08/nfl-assigns-controversial-referee-clete-blakeman-to-broncos-chargers-playoff-game/24804/

Well, despite the media outrage, Clete got the call right in the Panthers/Patriots game.

when u saay Dylan, they think Dylan Thomas ( LOL blood )

anyway I thought was a hold at least,

But the notes i stated were based on stats of his # of calls and types

My Boston Friend e-mailed it to me with the title of his e-mail --  NFL ensures Peyton will be stopped

anyway, take care, Have to leave now

“There is no foul on the play. The game is over.”

If the Broncos lose in identical fashion due to a questionable call, I hope that Roger Goodell considers making NFL zebras permanent, 12 month employees vs part time positions in an attempt to force the league to solve this ongoing dilemma of horrible penalties that is more common place now than it should be. 

Does Blakeman not calling a PI penalty at the end of a Patriots game really make him controversial?

“There is no foul on the play. The game is over.”

If the Broncos lose in identical fashion due to a questionable call, I hope that Roger Goodell considers making NFL zebras permanent, 12 month employees vs part time positions in an attempt to force the league to solve this ongoing dilemma of horrible penalties that is more common place now than it should be. 

what controversial i think  that in general according to what article saays stat wise  aand i summarized compared to other referee teams his 

leastt experienced & calls more penaties on home teams & more offensive PI not defensive ones compared to others

I would want a ref team that is balanced on calls for home / away and offense / defense , that just seems right to me esp when one team is a throwing team and one a running team to burn clock

u have opposite playing philosophies so get someone that is balanced for both , i think that was the point of the article

Now thats my opinion , i can be wrong , i think thre Kronk note is just a headline to draw one into reading the article and his stats

Have a good day, offf to help an ill realtive now

I don't think Blakeman is controversial at all. He got that call right in the Panthers/Patriots game, and doesn't have any other things on his record.

He's a relatively solid referee, who fans should not be concerned with.