Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Denver is better of playing SD than they would be Indy

oldunclemark

By your logic Tom Brady :brady: has 0 tds  :eek:  , 0 ints :whew: , and 0 yards :omg: . Those are awful playoff numbers. The Colts D must be salivating..... :monkeydance:

THe last time Colts played Brady and the Pats it was a 50 burger. I think they are hoping for a much. much better performance.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Susie I was asking about Manning and he who he would prefer. I don't think you ever want a divisional opponent in the playoffs because they know you so well and the Chargers already beat them in Denver this year. I still think Denver wins though unless the Chargers dominate again with their run game.

I do think Peyton is pulling for the Pats on Sat. He does not want another Indy/Broncos show down with Irsay tweeting and so on. JMO.

I really don't think that either you or me know what Peyton is thinking. Maybe he is over caring what Irsay is tweeting now I think he has moved on after that fiasco that Irsay caused with the memorial when a team was trying to come here to play a football game.  He is playing like he is perfectly happy with his new team and new home in Denver. :thmup:

lol wow 2 games out of 16. I guess if I pick out 2 games out of the season i can make the argument that the Patriots have a terrible offense.

Just FYI, yu're defense ius nowhere as good as their are either.

Colts have been up and down all season. That really can't be disputed. I am not saying the Pats are volumes better but their four losses have been by a total of 18 points. They don't beat themselves.

I would say Colts are more difficult to prepare against compared with Bolts. Luck is a beast and to be honest TY isn't that much better than any of the other young receivers Colts have outside of DHB. Luck can make any of them a super star if he is in that "mode".

Colts have been up and down all season. That really can't be disputed. I am not saying the Pats are volumes better but their four losses have been by a total of 18 points. They don't beat themselves.

The thing here is Pats do not shoot in their feet especially in playoffs, but the talent level of Pats is a historical low and it is yet to be determined whether the are talented enough to move onto the next round.

In comparison Denver kept shooting in their feet and their three losses have a total of 16 pts deficit to their three opponents who are all alive in the AFC playoff, but I still prefer a team that does not shoot into its own feet in the playoff. 

There will be no rivalry. Brady will retire in 2-3 yrs and AFC will be Luck's to lose even before Brady leaves. Unless Belichick can find a QB to take over.

Belicheck is a great coach....one of the greatest I've certainly seen in any sport. I think he can succeed even with a lesser qb...certainly not a scrub but even say an Alex Smith/Andy Dalton type. That said yes it will change over the coming years...but there are several young guns coming up in the league and it isn't always the team with the best qb that wins it all...after all Peyton and Tom would win it every year if that was the case...so Andrew will have nothing given to him.

Oh...and Tom will be around another 5 yrs if you ask me....he is in great shape and limited injuries...his skills aren't falling off..and his body isn't limited like Peyton's. I think he plays into his 40s and at a high level. I think Tom gets another SB before he retires....you just watch.

I would say Colts are more difficult to prepare against compared with Bolts. Luck is a beast and to be honest TY isn't that much better than any of the other young receivers Colts have outside of DHB. Luck can make any of them a super star if he is in that "mode".

13 receptions, 223 yards for TY. You really think Whalen, Brazill, or even Rogers are at the same level as him yet? I'm pretty sure that only Randy Moss has had more 100 yard games in his first 2 years.

lolno

I think the Chargers are built like a playoff team and therefore can win anywhere. They have the stout D, solid run game and timely passing. I like their coaching too. Indy has more holes and issues so I think Manning would have preferred them but he is probably happy not to have the emotion of that game.

This is one statement that I have to agree with you upon. Right now, the Chargers are a VERY scary team to be playing. Their D is so underrated. When the Colts played them this year, they held us to 267 total yards, and only 12 first downs. We couldn't even get into the end zone against them (19-9). Even in their losses, every game has been close, They held Denver;s Offense to 38 points in their 28-20 loss earlier in the season. and held them to 20 in thier win..They lost by 7 at home against Cincy, but look at the improvement  They now have won 7 games in a row, and they don't have Norv Turner as their head coach anymore. since then, 27-10 domination of the Bengals at Cincy where they were undefeated.)

Rivers is not forcing throws this year 105+ passer rating..threw for almost 4500 yards at a 69.5 pct completion rate..Matthews and Woodhead make a good 1-2 punch, and Allen killed us when we played them. I remember that game, iy was like they took the Colts away from the Colts..Out of all the teams fighting for that 6th spot, I was praying it wouldn't be SD..They are always a thorn in our side, they always seem to be Colt killers..

I'm glad they are playing Denver..and not the Colts this weekend.It wouldn't surprise me at all if they make it past Denver, and even to the Super Bowl. As AM said, they have a stout D, don't make mistakes, and are good in all aspects of the offense, especially with ball control. That's a winning playoff formula for sure, and its what Pagano is trying to build here in Indy.

I don't think anyone left in the AFC wants to play them now..IF we can get by the Pats this weekend, at least we would play San Diego at LOS. And right nnow, I would rather play NE and Denver than San Diego Right now. Denver better be on their A game, or Denver is one and done. imo..

10 games with over 100 yards receiving in his first 2 years, second only to Randy Moss, 1,000 yard receiver this year with 82 receptions. One of the top 3 playoff receiving yard games in his first playoff game. One of the fastest and most elusive receivers in all of football? Has developed very good hands, runs way better routes, and few if any corners in the league can shut him down. The games he was held down slightly he was double teamed constantly and still produced decent numbers. And he;s marginally better than any of our other receivers..

I'll take Hilton right now, over any receiver left in the playoffs..on ANY team...I don't know what you have been seeing...

They also won about 4 games they should have lost. They are all over the place as well.

I know that SD sees Denver all the time and they know what to do against them...

..but Andrew  is so much more mobile than Phil Rivers....

..and SD has nobody superfast like TY Hilton.....I thought SD had a better O-line but they had another injury there Sunday

///SD may or may not be better defensively than Indy...

There's no easy games..,..but I think the Broncos would rather face SD than the Colts right now

...what do you think?

as far aas I know only wolfe & Moore didnt practice due to injury & phillips DNP due to the ilnnes which has apparently gone around the broncos clubhouse after fox came to practice with the flu if I remember right and then later the same day had to go home to rest early

Shaun Phillips was also missing from the practice. He was ill, had a fever and was sent home.

Read more: Derek Wolfe, Rahim Moore out as Broncos practice for Chargers in cold - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24854437/derek-wolfe-rahim-moore-out-broncos-practice-chargers#ixzz2peh6RNAj 

Denver will at lleast be focused knowing they lost at home to them and due to last years playoff

Chargers D , Denver Website points out is now much stronger than when beat Broncos

'

Up front, the Chargers have mustered plenty of pressure with their front three in recent weeks. Much of the credit goes to the blossoming Corey Liuget and Kendall Reyes, who in recent weeks have shown why they were first- and second-round picks in 2011 and 2012, respectively.

Liuget showed flashes of brilliance in 2012; he broke up nine passes, had 15 tackles for losses and notched seven sacks. His sack total declined in 2013, but his sack of Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton on Sunday gave him 3.5 since Nov. 24, when the Chargers began their current 6-1 run. (Liuget had three sacks in the season's first 10 games.)

Reyes was credited by ProFootballFocus.com with five quarterback hurries Sunday, giving him 13 in the last five games -- three more than he had in the Chargers' first 12 games combined.

San Diego's investment is paying off. Their ability to get pressure from inside enhances the opportunities available for outside linebackers Jarret Johnson and Melvin Ingram, each of whom delivered explosive plays Sunday. (Johnson had a sack; Ingram hit Dalton once and later intercepted a pass after he dropped into coverage and easily read Dalton's intentions.)

Ingram, a first-round pick in 2012, represents the main difference in the Chargers defense from Week 15 to today. He returned to the field in December after suffering a torn ACL during OTAs and has seen his playing time increase every week since he returned against the Giants on Dec. 8.

\Since being shut out in the pass rush against the Broncos on Dec. 12, he has hit the opposing quarterback at least once each game. 

San Diego is a slightly different team from the one the Broncos saw on Dec. 12, but those tweaks

will give the Broncos plenty to ponder as they prepare to break the deadlock in the season series.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/First-Look-at-the-Chargers/e0b8890b-e66a-4180-a9a3-eee8c0e56dca

as far aas I know only wolfe & Moore didnt practice due to injury & phillips DNP due to the ilnnes which has apparently gone around the broncos clubhouse after fox came to practice with the flu if I remember right and then later the same day had to go home to rest early

Shaun Phillips was also missing from the practice. He was ill, had a fever and was sent home.

Read more: Derek Wolfe, Rahim Moore out as Broncos practice for Chargers in cold - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24854437/derek-wolfe-rahim-moore-out-broncos-practice-chargers#ixzz2peh6RNAj 

Denver will at lleast be focused knowing they lost at home to them and due to last years playoff

Chargers D , Denver Website points out is now much stronger than when beat Broncos

'

Up front, the Chargers have mustered plenty of pressure with their front three in recent weeks. Much of the credit goes to the blossoming Corey Liuget and Kendall Reyes, who in recent weeks have shown why they were first- and second-round picks in 2011 and 2012, respectively.

Liuget showed flashes of brilliance in 2012; he broke up nine passes, had 15 tackles for losses and notched seven sacks. His sack total declined in 2013, but his sack of Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton on Sunday gave him 3.5 since Nov. 24, when the Chargers began their current 6-1 run. (Liuget had three sacks in the season's first 10 games.)

Reyes was credited by ProFootballFocus.com with five quarterback hurries Sunday, giving him 13 in the last five games -- three more than he had in the Chargers' first 12 games combined.

San Diego's investment is paying off. Their ability to get pressure from inside enhances the opportunities available for outside linebackers Jarret Johnson and Melvin Ingram, each of whom delivered explosive plays Sunday. (Johnson had a sack; Ingram hit Dalton once and later intercepted a pass after he dropped into coverage and easily read Dalton's intentions.)

Ingram, a first-round pick in 2012, represents the main difference in the Chargers defense from Week 15 to today. He returned to the field in December after suffering a torn ACL during OTAs and has seen his playing time increase every week since he returned against the Giants on Dec. 8.

\Since being shut out in the pass rush against the Broncos on Dec. 12, he has hit the opposing quarterback at least once each game. 

San Diego is a slightly different team from the one the Broncos saw on Dec. 12, but those tweaks

will give the Broncos plenty to ponder as they prepare to break the deadlock in the season series.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/First-Look-at-the-Chargers/e0b8890b-e66a-4180-a9a3-eee8c0e56dca

This caught my eye:

This weekend, Indianapolis and San Diego became the seventh and eighth teams to win in the wild-card round by outscoring their opponents by more than 14 points in the second half after trailing at halftime. Just one of the previous six teams managed to win their next game: the 1992 Bills, who followed the greatest comeback in NFL history by winning at Pittsburgh the next week. The other three teams -- the 1992 Eagles, 1996 Steelers, 1997 Vikings, 2002 49ers and 2011 Saints -- all fell after making surges like the Colts and Chargers did. San Diego outscored Cincinnati 20-0 in the second half Sunday after trailing 10-7 at the midway point.

Hmmm....another 1 out of 6 bucking the trend pattern across years. ;)

If Marvin Lewis gets a 6th postseason appearance after being 0-5, I bet he wins along those lines.

This caught my eye:

This weekend, Indianapolis and San Diego became the seventh and eighth teams to win in the wild-card round by outscoring their opponents by more than 14 points in the second half after trailing at halftime. Just one of the previous six teams managed to win their next game: the 1992 Bills, who followed the greatest comeback in NFL history by winning at Pittsburgh the next week. The other three teams -- the 1992 Eagles, 1996 Steelers, 1997 Vikings, 2002 49ers and 2011 Saints -- all fell after making surges like the Colts and Chargers did. San Diego outscored Cincinnati 20-0 in the second half Sunday after trailing 10-7 at the midway point.

Hmmm....another 1 out of 6 bucking the trend pattern across years. ;)

If Marvin Lewis gets a 6th postseason appearance after being 0-5, I bet he wins along those lines.

Interesting,

Lewis may get them there but am somewhat surprised he isn't on the bubble or out for failing to win, hes been there awhile now

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hoping colts follow the bills method & wins, this was what the 2nd best comeback after the bills I think

Hope chargers fail at their quest

Predictions I am just plain bad at, essp when trying to determine scores beforehand

This is one statement that I have to agree with you upon. Right now, the Chargers are a VERY scary team to be playing. Their D is so underrated. When the Colts played them this year, they held us to 267 total yards, and only 12 first downs. We couldn't even get into the end zone against them (19-9). Even in their losses, every game has been close, They held Denver;s Offense to 38 points in their 28-20 loss earlier in the season. and held them to 20 in thier win..They lost by 7 at home against Cincy, but look at the improvement  They now have won 7 games in a row, and they don't have Norv Turner as their head coach anymore. since then, 27-10 domination of the Bengals at Cincy where they were undefeated.)

Rivers is not forcing throws this year 105+ passer rating..threw for almost 4500 yards at a 69.5 pct completion rate..Matthews and Woodhead make a good 1-2 punch, and Allen killed us when we played them. I remember that game, iy was like they took the Colts away from the Colts..Out of all the teams fighting for that 6th spot, I was praying it wouldn't be SD..They are always a thorn in our side, they always seem to be Colt killers..

I'm glad they are playing Denver..and not the Colts this weekend.It wouldn't surprise me at all if they make it past Denver, and even to the Super Bowl. As AM said, they have a stout D, don't make mistakes, and are good in all aspects of the offense, especially with ball control. That's a winning playoff formula for sure, and its what Pagano is trying to build here in Indy.

I don't think anyone left in the AFC wants to play them now..IF we can get by the Pats this weekend, at least we would play San Diego at LOS. And right nnow, I would rather play NE and Denver than San Diego Right now. Denver better be on their A game, or Denver is one and done. imo..

the funny thing is midway trough the season fans were calling for Johns pagano jobs. they said their D was atrocious...and it was, they jsut been playing better.

IMO, they are average but they have been playing inspired. I think they lack a little pass rush and their CB is suspect...but like i said, they are playing pretty good right now

I would rather face anyone from our division than anyone else left in either the AFC or NFC.

Depends which team you get, though. The Titans team that put up a fight the first time you played them, a Houston team that did the same in the first half of play in the first meeting between the teams, or just the horrible play each exhibited in the second game. My point isn't about the talent or anything but the fact that a divisional opponent knows you better than another team does. There's a higher chance of the upset if you see Texans, Titans, or heck maybe even Jaguars in playoffs.

'

Shhhhhhh!!!!!   We're the same old, same old Chargers...  Mike McCoy is just the same as Norv Turner.  They're soft, they'll give up and walk off the field at the first sign of adversity.  Every one is better than we are. 

"These are not the Chargers you are looking for..."

Who did you voice your opinion to you just joined yesterday :???: :slaphead: :funny:

Who did you voice your opinion to you just joined yesterday :???: :slaphead: :funny:

Oh I DID voice my opinion. I wrote on here under super8todd 2 years ago. And I'm back to revel in my revelations for all of those who doubted drafting Luck, or were so far up Peyton's jockstrap they refused to believe that Luck would be just as good as Peyton. Guess what! He's farther along than Peyton ever was, he's even beat Peyton, he's more clutch than Peyton ever will be, and you know what... I make no apologies when I say I hope the Colts and Broncos meet in the AFC Championship game so that Luck can beat Peyton once again. I was silenced for voicing my opinion, and I'm back to say it again! 

Shhhhhhh!!!!!   We're the same old, same old Chargers...  Mike McCoy is just the same as Norv Turner.  They're soft, they'll give up and walk off the field at the first sign of adversity.  Every one is better than we are. 

"These are not the Chargers you are looking for..."

u r better than u were , but I want u to go down

I was just noting what web site said 

have a good night & good luck 

like all post this one was started about Denver Vs San Diego, but no matter the Posts name they take a tangent along the way & this one was no different as I read through it 

Oh I DID voice my opinion. I wrote on here under super8todd 2 years ago. And I'm back to revel in my revelations for all of those who doubted drafting Luck, or were so far up Peyton's jockstrap they refused to believe that Luck would be just as good as Peyton. Guess what! He's farther along than Peyton ever was, he's even beat Peyton, he's more clutch than Peyton ever will be, and you know what... I make no apologies when I say I hope the Colts and Broncos meet in the AFC Championship game so that Luck can beat Peyton once again. I was silenced for voicing my opinion, and I'm back to say it again! 

Why did you come back under a new name. Have a problem with the old one :scratch:

I can't really decide on this game for some reason. It's like my head says Broncos win and my gut feeling says Chargers shock them.

It's a toughie....both games this weekend will be fierce IMO. Glad they are both the later games too so I can do stuff in the day. I am not all that interested in the moment at the NFC matchups. the AFC games to me have a lot more "oomph" in terms of storylines. Personally I feel the AFC may win it all this year again even though so many have been hyping up Seattle etc.....

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, January 7, 2014 - complaining about moderation
Hidden by Nadine, January 7, 2014 - complaining about moderation

Why did you come back under a new name. Have a problem with the old one :scratch:

Sadly there was an abuse of an over reaching moderator that was so in love of Peyton Manning that my comments upset them and  they kicked me off my username. Hopefully that traitor is now just on the Broncos forum, and colts.com will let the die hard Colts fans speak their mind! Dumping Manning for Luck is proving to be one of the best moves this organization made since drafting Manning. My argument fell on flat ears and I was run off the forum.

THe last time Colts played Brady and the Pats it was a 50 burger. I think they are hoping for a much. much better performance.

And last time we faced the Pats in the playoffs we went on to win the Super Bowl. But so what? Past seasons' accomplishments or failures have no bearing on the present. Last season has nothing to do with this coming game.

And last time we faced the Pats in the playoffs we went on to win the Super Bowl. But so what? Past seasons' accomplishments or failures have no bearing on the present. Last season has nothing to do with this coming game.

I think last year is more relevant then 2007. lol. But overall I agree. Different season but I am happy the Pats have had a chance to go against Luck recently. That should help them in terms of his tendencies.

I think last year is more relevant then 2007. lol. But overall I agree. Different season but I am happy the Pats have had a chance to go against Luck recently. That should help them in terms of his tendencies.

Exactly. Knowing players' and teams' tendencies most certainly helps. However, that comes from film study, not from remembering a game you played last year. This isn't the 1920s when hardly anyone had access to video equipment. Familiarity is good, but there is no way the Colts would go up against Belichick without studying what he's doing this year, and he certainly won't have overlooked his next opponent. Heck, I doubt Hoodie has even slept since Saturday night. The cyborg has been busy putting together a gameplan to beat Luck and the Colts. I just hope Pagano and his staff are doing the same in Indy.

Exactly. Knowing players' and teams' tendencies most certainly helps. However, that comes from film study, not from remembering a game you played last year. This isn't the 1920s when hardly anyone had access to video equipment. Familiarity is good, but there is no way the Colts would go up against Belichick without studying what he's doing this year, and he certainly won't have overlooked his next opponent. Heck, I doubt Hoodie has even slept since Saturday night. The cyborg has been busy putting together a gameplan to beat Luck and the Colts. I just hope Pagano and his staff are doing the same in Indy.

I agree to an extent but seeing a team live is a big difference then on tape as you get a feel for the team. And that of course goes both ways as the Colts have a feel for the Pats although the Pats have all new offensive players to deal with and a new defense too due to injury.

I agree about Bill. He does not sleep and he is always scribbling on the sideline. I like Pagano and think he will have his team ready. There is zero pressure on the Colts so that should help keep his young team relaxed and ready to go. I do not expect them to look anything like they did the first half against KC.

lmao

One game and suddenly Luck is a turnover machine.

Certainly no QB, in the history of the NFL, has turned the ball over while trying to overcome a huge deficit. Nope. Just Andrew.

Put lipstick on it anyway you want but his three picks were one third his total for the whole year and the first two were terrible decisions and the third one was a poor throw.

Put lipstick on it anyway you want but his three picks were one third his total for the whole year and the first two were terrible decisions and the third one was a poor throw.

You can't take an isolated incident and determine a pattern. It has to be a repetitive behavior. If anything, you should expect him to take care of the ball.

Brady passed for 47.8 %, 0 TDs and 1 INT against the Jets. Do you expect his to repeat that performance? Of course not. That was one game. Don't expect an isolated incident dominate your vision. Sure it's the most recent image in you mind, but it's an outlier, not the mean.

You can't take an isolated incident and determine a pattern. It has to be a repetitive behavior. If anything, you should expect him to take care of the ball.

Brady passed for 47.8 %, 0 TDs and 1 INT against the Jets. Do you expect his to repeat that performance? Of course not. That was one game. Don't expect an isolated incident dominate your vision. Sure it's the most recent image in you mind, but it's an outlier, not the mean.

Who said anything about predicting the next game?  I was discussing his game vs the Chiefs.

Still 3 picks is one third his total for the year. Not a good sign. His decisions and throws were poor. The one to TY was behind him but I agree also on TY as well.

He had three vs KC. That is what I am referencing. Post season is a whole different animal from regular season. He needs to be much, much better come Sat night.

Yes, I agree. Teams fear Luck to an extent but if keeps turning it over then it won't be an issue.

And that is what I mean about SD being the best playoff team left. They are solid everywhere and can ball control, pass when they need to and play great D.

Who said anything about predicting the next game?  I was discussing his game vs the Chiefs.

Really? All of these posts about Luck had better do better when they play NE. You want me to believe that you are just talking about the KC game in a vacuum. You've been talking about him as if he were a turnover machine. Maybe subconsciously you are trying to force your will on the outcome of the game, but make no mistake, one game does not tell the whole story and is not a good predictor of future perfomance. The Pats' D is not as good as KC's D. He had one bad outing against a really good D. Look at his performance over the course of the year. If you have to roll the dice, bet on him NOT turning the ball over.