Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

3.8% down to .9%

House

Those were our odds to win going into halftime, 3.8%, and our odds to win, .9%, after going down 38-10.

I'm not sure the exact method the statistician used, but those are the numbers ESPN is reporting.

Unbelievable, and unprecedented win last night. Proud to be a fan of this team today.

Those were our odds to win going into halftime, 3.8%, and our odds to win, .9%, after going down 38-10.

I'm not sure the exact method the statistician used, but those are the numbers ESPN is reporting.

Unbelievable, and unprecedented win last night. Proud to be a fan of this team today.

So you're saying there was a chance !

Kudos to you and several others who didn't lose hope in the team last night.  I wonder how they come up with those stats

Kudos to you and several others who didn't lose hope in the team last night. I wonder how they come up with those stats

haha can't say I didn't think a loss was coming after we went down 38-10, but I just seen no point in getting negative about it. As we saw last night. There's always a chance. Even if it's a .9% chance lmao.

haha can't say I didn't think a loss was coming after we went down 38-10, but I just seen no point in getting negative about it. As we saw last night. There's always a chance. Even if it's a .9% chance lmao.

I was at work last night so i didn't see game til early this morning. People at work were redskin, patriots, ravens, cowboys fans wanted to see us lose. They came and told me the score was 31 to 10 and 38 to 17 but they didn't tell me what quarter it was in so i was thinking if it was the 4th there was a good chance we'd lose. By the time i got on break the game was over and I saw we had won 45 to 44. A Raven's fan said you guys got blown out by the chiefs. I was like we came back and won. Every body was in disbelief lol.

I will consider this the greatest comeback of all time, because we came back from that deficit all within 4 quarters of football.

While the 1992 Wild Card with Bills vs Oilers, they took it into overtime.

But that was 35 points, this was 28. I still think that's the greatest.

But how does the 35 points stack against our 28? What I'm asking is how much time was left in the Bills game when they went down 35 compared to where we were in the 3rd quarter down 28. We had less than 2 quarters to score 1 more point than they did and we managed that.

They were down by 35 points with actually less time in the game.

Well, I hate comparisons of players....such as QB's. This is NOT a comparison. I can say, however, that the confidence I feel when Luck throws multiple or late game picks is far greater than when I was watching the Colts in our previous roster.

Its not because I trust one QB over another, its because I think the players believe him more.

i was goin to place a couple pound well dollars in your money but not alot just wondering if any one knew odds lol wish i did now

We don't even have a lottery in Alabama. Not the most progressive state. So I'm not up on the lines.

I guess sports book is legal and available in the UK?

True, my bad, got confused with the amount the Oilers put up before the Bills came back.

I can understand why you believe it is the greatest comeback of all time. 

But I see our comeback as something more because the Bills we going to 4 Super Bowls in a row during that timeframe.

2 years ago we were a 2-14 team and in basic rebuild mold with new GM, new coach, new QB. And also the fact that we came back within 4 quarters instead of overtime. 

This Chiefs team had 5 Pro Bowlers on defense, which isn't saying a lot considering what the Pro Bowl has become but still, a lot of top talent. When the Bills matched up against the Oilers, you really only had to worry about Moon passing the ball a lot. 

Alex Smith throws 4 TDs and 0 INTs and loses, that is a NFL playoff history first. I have to disagree and believe that this comeback is the greatest in playoff history.

I can understand why you believe it is the greatest comeback of all time. 

But I see our comeback as something more because the Bills we going to 4 Super Bowls in a row during that timeframe.

2 years ago we were a 2-14 team and in basic rebuild mold with new GM, new coach, new QB. And also the fact that we came back within 4 quarters instead of overtime. 

This Chiefs team had 5 Pro Bowlers on defense, which isn't saying a lot considering what the Pro Bowl has become but still, a lot of top talent. When the Bills matched up against the Oilers, you really only had to worry about Moon passing the ball a lot. 

Alex Smith throws 4 TDs and 0 INTs and loses, that is a NFL playoff history first. I have to disagree and believe that this comeback is the greatest in playoff history.

I understand the back story part of this game, but in my opinion, that doesn't really matter one bit. It's about the game and the game only.

The Bills did theirs with their backup quarterback, with larger deficit and slightly less time on the clock. 

The fact that they went to 4 straight Super Bowls does not mean anything. 

I understand the back story part of this game, but in my opinion, that doesn't really matter one bit. It's about the game and the game only.

The Bills did theirs with their backup quarterback, with larger deficit and slightly less time on the clock. 

The fact that they went to 4 straight Super Bowls does not mean anything. 

Well I guess we agree to disagree.

I definitely think the 92 Wild Card is right up there at number #2.

They said it was 31 points on the NFL today show.

You ought to know that the NFL today "experts" can't count or make intelligent predictions...lol...Every so often I hear one or two of the older ones calling us the Baltimore Colts..and its been 30 years. :D

Getting back to the topic..comparing anything as subjective as between our comeback, and the Bills/Oilers comeback is akin (the word for the day..lol) to the who's the best QB debate..everyone's going to have their opinion,. right or wrong..both games were amazing..I was fortunate enough to see both..

I can honestly say, with all my heart, that the comeback Saturday, had me more excited, more jumpy, I can't describe it...more than any other game I have seen or attended...More that the Harbaugh Hail Mary, when I was at Pittsburgh for the AFC championship..more than the comeback against the Pats..more than even the Colts winning the Super Bowl..

There was something more special in this comeback, than in any I have seen..I think it was perhaps, the true ending of ( I hope I say this right, so don't criticize if I mess it up) the Colts still holding on to the legacy of Peyton...and perhaps, the emergence of of a new era..like we got a glimpse into the future, of what Luck and out Colts can accomplish.I heard things like that comeback was like a Peyton comeback..and maybe it was..But now, after this game..this was the birth of a new legend..and our eyes are open to a whole new world..where we can feel like we did in years past, and maybe more..

I hope I said that right, and some of you understand what I meant..