Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Alex Smith

dw49

I have to tip my hat to him. He played a great game . No Charles and a bunch of great throws and runs. The one pass he overthrew was a little tough as it was a RB that he missed. He really didn't deserve to lose that game ... 

Sure. But Smith had reserves everywhere and Luck was a TO machine. He made the plays at the end but not a good game from him overall.

He made plays when it mattered. He wasn't great overall, but was great when he needed to be.

He made plays when it mattered. He wasn't great overall, but was great when he needed to be.

Sounds like another #12 I know in the playoffs .... ;)

Congrats though on a great win. I am happy for the Colts and Luck. And I like their chances of going into Denver and winning ... but for sure they need to start faster and less TOs to have a chance.

Sounds like another #12 I know in the playoffs .... ;)

Congrats though on a great win. I am happy for the Colts and Luck. And I like their chances of going into Denver and winning ... but for sure they need to start faster and less TOs to have a chance.

They could also go to NE so what chances do you think they will have against Brady    :???: 

Here is Smith's stats:

30/46

378 yards

4 TDs

0 picks

119.7 rating

He deserves zero blame for the loss.

Definitely not, he proved to the football world, he is a primetime performer and a great player. He's pushing towards that top 12 QB rating. 

I've liked him for awhile, and this game just proves that he's a great QB. Definitely worth both those 2nd rounders.

Did you watch the game? He's not entirely to blame but he flat out missed two game ending TD passes in the 4th quarter.

Come on Mr. Stats you know that loss is not on him at all. He had a 28 point lead with less than a half to go and lost his number one RB on the first drive.

Come on Mr. Stats you know that loss is not on him at all. He had a 28 point lead with less than a half to go and lost his number one RB on the first drive.

I literally said it wasn't all his fault. But that game would have been iced if he hit either of those two throws.

I literally said it wasn't all his fault. But that game would have been iced if he hit either of those two throws.

Should have never came down to that drive but I really thought Bowe should have gotten his second foot down on the last pass. It was right there and he just barely stepped out.

Should have never came down to that drive but I really thought Bowe should have gotten his second foot down on the last pass. It was right there and he just barely stepped out.

Smith should have thrown it more towards the center of the field. He led him too far out.

Definitely not, he proved to the football world, he is a primetime performer and a great player. He's pushing towards that top 12 QB rating. 

I've liked him for awhile, and this game just proves that he's a great QB. Definitely worth both those 2nd rounders.

Alex Smith has been very good whenever he had good players and good coaches on his team.

He's not good enough to overcome that.   Some franchise level QB's can....     Smith can not.

You can wins games with Alex Smith.    Regular season and some post season games too.

Whether or not you can win a Super Bowl is another story....

Still....   he's a very good quarterback.

Smith should have thrown it more towards the center of the field. He led him too far out.

Little of everything on that play. Good coverage , good catch and really a pretty good throw too. Just quite didn't get it done.

lmao

I like how the rhetoric last week was "KC is so deep even, their second team is good enough to hang with other teams first strings."

Then today it's all about how injuries lost them the game.

Where did that depth go? Up 28?

Here is Smith's stats:

30/46

378 yards

4 TDs

0 picks

119.7 rating

He deserves zero blame for the loss.

Bet you Kaepernick wont come close to that in any game, let alone the playoffs..I still think Harbaugh was a fool to let Smith go like that when at the time, he was the highest rated passer in the NFL

Smith played a good game but I won't give him a pass just because they had to deal with injuries thru the game. The Colts have dealt with a crap ton of injuries all season and just came back from 4 TD's down with less than 30 minutes to play. The Colts deserve the credit for kicking the crap out of KC in the 2nd half.

lmao

I like how the rhetoric last week was "KC is so deep even, their second team is good enough to hang with other teams first strings."

Then today it's all about how injuries lost them the game.

Where did that depth go? Up 28?

Sean Smith, is that the guy the TY abused when he was with the Dolphins in that Dolphins game last year? Eric Berry, he is not that studly in coverage whatsoever. Good TEs like Graham, Gronk will eat him for lunch, Fleener was abusing him too.

Chiefs' defense is overrated, IMO, and that is what lost the game for them.

This thread is getting embarrassing......

Did anyone ripping Alex Smith here happen to see some of the ********** awful passes Andrew Luck threw?

There were three terrible interceptions for starters....  and there quite a few more incompletes that were terrible....

If it wasn't for the miracle comeback,  Luck would be apologizing for losing this game.   He'd be taking complete responsibility.

But, KC didn't kick a FG at the end.     So Luck is the hero instead of the goat.   And Smith takes abuse from fans here.....

Sorry to see this.........

Did anyone ripping Alex Smith here happen to see some of the ********** awful passes Andrew Luck threw?

There were three terrible interceptions for starters....  and there quite a few more incompletes that were terrible....

If it wasn't for the miracle comeback,  Luck would be apologizing for losing this game.   He'd be taking complete responsibility.

But, KC didn't kick a FG at the end.     So Luck is the hero instead of the goat.   And Smith takes abuse from fans here.....

Alex Smith is NOT the reason the Chiefs lost the game. Their inability to stop the Colts on D is what did them in. Where was their pass rush with such a huge lead? Eric Berry was abused by Fleener, Sean Smith (much like when he was with the dolphins) and Cooper kept getting abused by TY, their 0-6 record vs all playoff teams (Broncos, Chargers, and Colts) leads me to believe their D is overrated only to get exposed vs good playoff teams.

There were three terrible interceptions for starters.... and there quite a few more incompletes that were terrible....

If it wasn't for the miracle comeback, Luck would be apologizing for losing this game. He'd be taking complete responsibility.

But, KC didn't kick a FG at the end. So Luck is the hero instead of the goat. And Smith takes abuse from fans here.....

Only 2 of those INTs were truly truly bad.

The 3rd was an ill advised throw, but TY had two hands on that ball and couldn't reel it in. Bad luck.

Sure. But Smith had reserves everywhere and Luck was a TO machine. He made the plays at the end but not a good game from him overall.

Didn't you argue with Superman that Brady deserved credit for the win in Baltimore when Brady had a poor game, but finally came up clutch at the end? You either have to credit Luck or not give credit to Brady. You can't have it both ways. A lot of credit should go to Luck for putting the bad first half and putting together a great second half.

First of all , I don't see A Smith being "abused" in this tread.  

Secondly Luck threw for 449 yards , 4 tds and ran for another. Yes he threw two terrible passes ( 1 int was flukey) but that happens when a young guy forces things. All in all was an impressive game for Luck and I think some of those" goat horns "may have gone to a defense that gave up 31 points BEFORE the first Luck Int..... no ?

Didn't you argue with Superman that Brady deserved credit for the win in Baltimore when Brady had a poor game, but finally came up clutch at the end? You either have to credit Luck or not give credit to Brady. You can't have it both ways. A lot of credit should go to Luck for putting the bad first half and putting together a great second half.

She's just trying to annoy people. Luck put up 45 points , throwing for 4 and running for another. Defense gives up 31 points before the half and Luck makes a couple ill advised throws trying to do too much. Anyone that calls that a poor game is either stupid or trying to stir people up.

I think some have really overrated our Secondary really the whole year, Now they came up big at times but they have made some average to not so average QB's look great this year

Tannehill-319 yards passing

Case Keenum-350 yards passing

Kellen Clemens-247 yards passing...on only 16 passes

Smith did have a great game no doubt but that dont change my opinion that he is still is a mediocre QB

I think some have really overrated our Secondary really the whole year, Now they came up big at times but they have made some average to not so average QB's look great this year

Tannehill-319 yards passing

Case Keenum-350 yards passing

Kellen Clemens-247 yards passing...on only 16 passes

Smith did have a great game no doubt but that dont change my opinion that he is still is a mediocre QB

He's always been mediocre. Only in recent years has his velocity improved even a smidgen. He used to throw a TERRIBLE ball. And I mean terrible.

First of all , I don't see A Smith being "abused" in this tread.  

Secondly Luck threw for 449 yards , 4 tds and ran for another. Yes he threw two terrible passes ( 1 int was flukey) but that happens when a young guy forces things. All in all was an impressive game for Luck and I think some of those" goat horns "may have gone to a defense that gave up 31 points BEFORE the first Luck Int..... no ?

I think Luck had an interception in the first half....

I don't think his first int. came after KC had 31 points....    I could be wrong on that....

But my larger point is the difference between being a hero and goat is often very small things and some of those things are out of your control.

I'd like to see more people praising Smith here.....    he was tremendous.     But that one pass where he over-threw the RB up the far sidelines will haunt him for the rest of his life.

Luck...........  despite 3 interceptions and a handful of other very poor passes,  was spectacular....    people will be talking about this for decades....

Well.....       everyone EXCEPT Skip Bayless!!         :thmup: