Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rogers contract

Dark Superman

Rogers is good as in a replacement for DHB but I still think we draft Reggie's replacement next draft. Problem is I think the WR pool this upcoming draft isn't all that great

Allen Robinson, Penn State

Mike Davis, Texas

Cody Hoffman, BYU

Mike Evans, Texas A&M

Davante Adams, Fresno State

Brandin Cooks, Oregon State

Jordan Matthews, Vanderbilt

Sammy Watkins, Clemson

Marqise Lee, USC

check out some of these guys on youtube.  I bolded the ones I thought stood out to me.

Allen Robinson, Penn State

Mike Davis, Texas

Cody Hoffman, BYU

Mike Evans, Texas A&M

Davante Adams, Fresno State

Brandin Cooks, Oregon State

Jordan Matthews, Vanderbilt

Sammy Watkins, Clemson

Marqise Lee, USC

check out some of these guys on youtube.  I bolded the ones I thought stood out to me.

Are you hoping most of these guys fall to the end of the second? most mocks i have seen have them going end of the 1st.

Rogers is good as in a replacement for DHB but I still think we draft Reggie's replacement next draft. Problem is I think the WR pool this upcoming draft isn't all that great

With Rogers, Hilton, and Whalen showing they can carry the load, and with the return of Allen next season, and presumably more two TE sets, I highly doubt we'll be looking to draft a starting WR.

It generally takes a bit of time to develop a WR.  Reggie wasn't great his first couple years.  If a guy is available in the second round that the team thinks can be a future #1 I think you have to take him.  TY's performance last night makes me think I might be wrong, but I still think he'll be most productive in the slot.  Really a guy exactly like Reggie is the perfect compliment to TY.  Great route runner, always in the right spot with TY who can take the top off the defense.  We should take the best player available, within reason (ie, you don't draft a QB in the second round obviously) but WR is most definitely still a need IMO.