Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vontae Davis Injury Update

Bluefire4

Colts will win but they need him on the field. In the playoffs there's no planning for tomorrow.

If his groin is irritated or pulled(strained) he would be limited as to what he can do. I would rather have him sit and play anyone completely healthy. Why risk it, we will need him more when we head into Denver or Foxboro. Take away Charles and limit Bowe and we beat KC. Smith is doubtful to light us up, and if we need to we can slide a safety over top to help on that side. IMO

If his groin is irritated or pulled(strained) he would be limited as to what he can do. I would rather have him sit and play anyone completely healthy. Why risk it, we will need him more when we head into Denver or Foxboro. Take away Charles and limit Bowe and we beat KC. Smith is doubtful to light us up, and if we need to we can slide a safety over top to help on that side. IMO

All I'm saying is he can't sit just to play it safe, the coaches wouldn't let that fly anyway. If he's that injured where he's a liability, then yeah sit him.

All I'm saying is he can't sit just to play it safe, the coaches wouldn't let that fly anyway. If he's that injured where he's a liability, then yeah sit him.

I think we agree. I feel the same way as you, I don't want him to sit just to play it safe. But if he can't do his job, then sit him? Let him heal for the gunslingers we are going to face next. And we are going to play Manning or Brady next right?

I hope he is 100% groin injuries can linger.....MRI came back negative, I hope he heals up throughout the week.  He most likely will be covering Dwayne Bowe, Toler with a little more height might cover him as well.  Either way we need him!

Davis has had some groin issues on and off throughout the year. Hope he is good to go for the WC game.

that soon?

in other news Anderson Silva has been labeled day to day as well

That was brutal, watched that one. Sucky way to end his career. Weidman is Silva's nemesis and was absolutely destroying him in the first before Silva broke his leg. Weidman and Vitor should be a pretty brutal match.

We don't have a safety that can play coverage over the top.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Enjoy I'm making an 11 hour trip myself  in November  to get to a colts game.
    • Details from OTC: https://overthecap.com/player/adonai-mitchell/11660   Four years, $7,386,086 total value, $4,817,431 fully guaranteed at signing (65.2%, no info about offsets) Signing bonus, $2,191,700 (prorated to $547,925/year) Salaries for 2024 ($795,000) and 2025 ($1,130,731) are fully guaranteed at signing Salary for 2026 ($1,466,462) partially guaranteed ($700,000) at signing (47.7%)   The #46 pick this year was Jonathon Brooks (coincidentally, the Colts original draft spot), to the Panthers. His contract is only guaranteed for the first two years, total of $4,914,107 guaranteed, which is 58.4% of the total value. At first, I thought this meant AD Mitchell's contract is pretty good, but apparently Brooks' contract is kind of bad. The next pick was Tyler Nubin (Giants), who has nearly all of his third year guaranteed. And last year, the #46 pick was Keion White (Patriots), and almost half of his third year was guaranteed. So Brooks seems to have undercut his guarantees. Some teams hold the line really well, so I was thinking maybe Carolina doesn't want guarantees in the third year, but they drafted Jonathan Mingo at #39 last year, and guaranteed almost half of his third year. Brooks probably could have done better if he had waited a few weeks.   The second round is kind of all over the place this year. There are still 11 guys unsigned, and a good number at the top and in the middle of the round. But all the way up at #40, Cooper DeJean (Eagles) only has $247k guaranteed in 2026, and his total percentage of guarantee is only 62.8%, so his contract isn't as favorable as Mitchell's. And then you have a few guys in the middle of the round -- like Jackson Powers-Johnson (Raiders, #44) and Edgerrin Cooper (Packers, #45) -- who have 2026 fully guaranteed (Cooper's is all but $76k).   But it's all going up. AD Mitchell has more favorable guarantees than Jonathan Taylor did when he was the #41 pick in 2020 (53.9%). Each draft class pushes it a little further than the previous class.
    • Let’s face it that third down catch against Baltimore in 2006 saved the game for us and loudest move on to play give me AFC championship game. He caught it in his elbow for a first down and we kick the subacute field goal which sealed the game. That is my favorite Dallas Clark moment, but watching him, catch the ball and run down the scene for chunk yards. It was amazing.
  • Members

• ADnum1

ADnum1 3,201

• MarquisJ

MarquisJ 512

• Yoshinator

Yoshinator 9,456

• Solon

Solon 206

• Robert Johnson

Robert Johnson 209

• 2006Coltsbestever