Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RJF out; Redding, Sergio Brown, McGlynn doubtful; Bethea questionable.

Dustin

@TribStarTJames: Colts game availability: Prob-Butler, Davis, Landry, Linkenbach, Mathis, Reitz, Thornton, Toler. Quest-Bethea.

@TribStarTJames: Colts game availability: Doubtful-SBrown, McGlynn, Redding, Out-Jean Francois.

Sounds like Bethea is playing, if he has any say in the matter.

Hopefully we can pull away and put some backups in. Including MH and Holmes.

We need to ONLY play those who are absolutely necessary in thrashing an awful Jags teams.  This game should be like going to Cancun and enjoying a week at the beach.  Refreshments included.  We could win this game with our hands tied behind our backs, our heads in a hole, with only Reggie Wayne coaching from the sidelines, with no pads on, with our backup QB, and with Chris Farley kicking field goals.

We need to ONLY play those who are absolutely necessary in thrashing an awful Jags teams. This game should be like going to Cancun and enjoying a week at the beach. Refreshments included. We could win this game with our hands tied behind our backs, our heads in a hole, with only Reggie Wayne coaching from the sidelines, with no pads on, with our backup QB, and with Chris Farley kicking field goals.

I think you need to look at what the jags have done over their last 5 games or so. They have won most of them have they not? Yeah maybe not elite opponents but anything can happen on any given Sunday. I would highly encourage you not to underestimate this Jags team and just throw this down as an easy win with no possibilities of losing. Because you may very well regret saying that later. This team nothing to just blow off. I do think we stand a pretty dang good chance at winning myself but if we don't play good ball and make some mistakes the Jags are plenty capable of beating us.

I think you need to look at what the jags have done over their last 5 games or so. They have won most of them have they not? Yeah maybe not elite opponents but anything can happen on any given Sunday. I would highly encourage you not to underestimate this Jags team and just throw this down as an easy win with no possibilities of losing. Because you may very well regret saying that later. This team nothing to just blow off. I do think we stand a pretty dang good chance at winning myself but if we don't play good ball and make some mistakes the Jags are plenty capable of beating us.

well, that is a pretty good observation.  i would like it soooo much if we could rest some injured players.  by the way, is there anyone we put on IR that can come off (the exception rule where 1 person can come back off of it, or did we already use that up?)

that is true, but it won't prove detrimental to all our hopes and dreams if we lose. It'll just be a "eh, on to the playoffs" moment.

Methinks it would be potentially tragically detrimental, should both the Bengals and Patriots lose .... Colts failing to automatically advance to the 2 round of the playoffs because they couldn't beat the Jags. Such would equate to losing the first of a double knockout. I'd view that as, perhaps not the deathnall, but certainly detrimental to the Colts' Super Bowl aspirations.

Gotta take care of business and a 1st round bye would move things one step closer. Go Colts!

Methinks it would be potentially tragically detrimental, should both the Bengals and Patriots lose .... Colts failing to automatically advance to the 2 round of the playoffs because they couldn't beat the Jags. Such would equate to losing the first of a double knockout. I'd view that as, perhaps not the deathnall, but certainly detrimental to the Colts' Super Bowl aspirations.

Gotta take care of business and a 1st round bye would move things one step closer. Go Colts!

Sure we would look like a team that couldn't even beat the jags, but we've never lost 2 games in a row for the past 2 years. As much as i would LOVE a bye, buffalo isn't beating new england, and baltimore has a slim chance if the bengals play everybody.

well, that is a pretty good observation. i would like it soooo much if we could rest some injured players. by the way, is there anyone we put on IR that can come off (the exception rule where 1 person can come back off of it, or did we already use that up?)

Everyone that's on IR is staying there. I'm happy though we seem to be hitting a stride at the right time. Gotta buckle down for the playoffs though. One game at a time.