Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The ideal trail to bite the big apple.

open window

I believe the scenario ideally would either include a bye and visit from the Pats, or a home game vs. KC then a trip to Foxboro, then the big finale against the greatest Colt of them all, in frigid Denver. I am not one of the "realists" here at the Shoe, I really feel this team is built to play in the weather and has a better D than Denver and NE. I really like our chances vs. the Pats and Chiefs. Peyton scares me but we did it once, It might be crazy cold in the big apple in February too.

We can beat beat the best teams, home and away. We've proved that by beating the Seahawks and Broncos at home, and by beating the Niners and Chiefs on the road. There's no doubt we can make it there. And don't look now, but we look to be finding our groove on both sides of the ball at just the right time.

Before the season started I said (almost jokingly) that we'd beat Denver in Indy and lose to them in the AFC championship game in Denver.

Not so funny now.

i would take that. Means we won two games. Plus ideally i would like to see Peyton make it to the Superbowl but lose. I'm a Peyton fan and he will get hammered by the media if Denver doesn't make it to the SB this year, but i don't want him to win a Championship with another team.

i would take that. Means we won two games. Plus ideally i would like to see Peyton make it to the Superbowl but lose. I'm a Peyton fan and he will get hammered by the media if Denver doesn't make it to the SB this year, but i don't want him to win a Championship with another team.

If it's not us, then I want Peyton to win it all.  But I get your point, you want him to be known as a Colt not a Bronco in the years to come.

Peyton Manning will be one & done

Defense is horrible

Sorry TK but I am going to have to disagree with you on this one. :)  If Peyton was ever on a mission it's this year in my opinion.  Now I can only imagine who will chime in with a Brady post. :popcorn:  KWIM   haha   Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year friend.

I hate trying to figure these things out. The last time i looked at the "ideal" team to face, it was the Ravens, and they went on to the Superbowl. haha

Exactly.  Talk about a team of destiny.  Our OC misses the game, and all of our receivers forget how to catch the ball.  Then the Mile High Miracle.  And the greatest miracle of their post season - Flacco played like a pro QB.

I don't care who we play.  I just want us to play well, win or lose.

I think I would worry about SD the most -- followed by NE, then Denver.   Fortunately, I think the only way we could face SD is by hosting them in the AFC championship game.   I would love to see an AFC Championship of  Colts @ Denver should the seeding fall just right.

Posted · Hidden by Superman, December 24, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Superman, December 24, 2013 - No reason given

Peyton Manning will be one & done

Defense is horrible

If Peyton puts up 35, the defense doesn't have to be good. If they play just average, Denver is very dangerous. You could be right though and it would be a shame for that to be put on Peyton but it always is. :D

Posted · Hidden by Superman, December 24, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Superman, December 24, 2013 - No reason given

I just don't think people are gonna forget the vast majority of his career he played here, even if he does win a SB.  

Many people have already forgotten that.  :D

I think I would worry about SD the most -- followed by NE, then Denver.   Fortunately, I think the only way we could face SD is by hosting them in the AFC championship game.   I would love to see an AFC Championship of  Colts @ Denver should the seeding fall just right.

We could end up playing San Diego in the first round if this week, the Colts beat the Jaguars, the Bengals beat the Ravens, the Chargers beat the Chiefs, the Jets beat the Dolphins, and the Bills beat the Patriots.

But that's the only scenario where it could happen.  If the Colts lose or the Pats win, Colts remain the 4 seed.  If the Ravens or Dolphins win, the Chargers are out.

Sorry TK but I am going to have to disagree with you on this one. :)  If Peyton was ever on a mission it's this year in my opinion.  Now I can only imagine who will chime in with a Brady post. :popcorn:  KWIM   haha   Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year friend.

i agree with you 100%