Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Congratulations Peyton Sportsman of the Year (merge)

Gramz

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know you just don't get it do you :???:   You make no sense at all in your logic.  (Comparing an  ACL Surgery to 4 Neck Surgery's) :sigh:    If it doesn't fit your agenda it's not the right choice.  :blah:      Oh well I think it was the correct choice and evidently Sports Illustrated thought so as well.  :thmup:       This is my last reply to your nonsense. :bored:

The neck surgeries were two years ago. Like I said, last year would have been more fitting if that is your reason. But Lebron won his second title so he got it. This year Rivera came back from the ACL and won comeback player of the year at age 44.

You know you just don't get it do you :???:   You make no sense at all in your logic.  (Comparing an  ACL Surgery to 4 Neck Surgery's) :sigh:    If it doesn't fit your agenda it's not the right choice.  :blah:      Oh well I think it was the correct choice and evidently Sports Illustrated thought so as well.  :thmup:       This is my last reply to your nonsense. :bored:

You make a good point if we were arguing about who is more deserving for the 2012 award.  This is the 2013 award and he is two full seasons removed from his surgery.  The problem is Peyton ran into a buzzsaw named Lebron who was getting another MVP award, NBA title and a gold medal.  

Bringing up a 44 year old player coming off major knee injury is nothing to scoff at especially when compared to a player that is two full seasons removed from his surgeries. 

With that kind of thinking SI might as well just give the award to Manning until he retires as he will always have those neck injuries.  To me SI just went with the safe pick as almost everyone will shrug and go makes sense.  They already ran a huge story on Rivera earlier and there would not be much new stuff for this article that they did not cover in the previous.

The neck surgeries were two years ago. Like I said, last year would have been more fitting if that is your reason.

But Lebron won his second title so he got it. This year Rivera came back from the ACL and won comeback player of the year at age 44.

You make a good point if we were arguing about who is more deserving for the 2012 award.  This is the 2013 award and he is two full seasons removed from his surgery.  The problem is Peyton ran into a buzzsaw named Lebron who was getting another MVP award, NBA title and a gold medal.  

Bringing up a 44 year old player coming off major knee injury is nothing to scoff at especially when compared to a player that is two full seasons removed from his surgeries. 

With that kind of thinking SI might as well just give the award to Manning until he retires as he will always have those neck injuries.  To me SI just went with the safe pick as almost everyone will shrug and go makes sense.  They already ran a huge story on Rivera earlier and there would not be much new stuff for this article that they did not cover in the previous.

know what u r saying , but read what i wrote and also listen to the video , its short & a The transcript from the press conference  is beneath the video,  besides stats and on field performance  as to why he got the award, its goes far beyond stats, and Manning displays the sportsmanship of many things  things noted that Le Bron never did, Things that in the interviewed SI representative says make Peyton ICONIC

VIDEO LINK AT BOTTOM

of course u have the right to your own opinion However

BTW AM< RE Rivera he notes in the transcript

We had two very strong candidates this year from baseball. Mariano Rivera, who kind of embodies a career of excellence, even though his season—it was strong, but it might not have been considered one of his five best.

And David Ortiz, what he kind of symbolized for the Red Sox towards the end of the season and how he was kind of the face of a team that went from worst-to-first. All these things competing—it’s a very difficult process every year and one that is challenging. But we really enjoy the process of it.”

& Yes I Consider Rivera incredible relief pitcher / closer, but give me Koufax who completed thge games, Man if he had the surgery they have now foir his arthritic arm, back in the 60's 

& again for me only 1 Johnny U 

=========================

U have to understand the medical consequences of what he has, its not simply a matter that he is 2 years removed from FOUR neck surgeries , thats , excuse me is laughable , it will   still hinder him years from now

That nerve will never heal completely , each time he plays, esp after a cold game , it needs recovery time not like u going inside but me, who had neck surgery and my arm / hand go numb to pain in the cold no matter how layered clothes i wear, let alone a uniform , and if have to go out for as long as he plays a game i wouldnt last, it would be torture

it takes quite while for me not to awake another day with my right arm,  not to be in pain or numbnes etc , for days after being in the cold

& u can easily stick needles in my arm and i wont feel them as different from a light brush , my fingers dont work whatsover to any fine degree and use just one to point or press a key

'

& BTW though i havent practiced medicine since 1988, and did ankle reconstruction, not neck, but do take courses to maintain an active license though my disability from my neck surgery prevents me from working, & yes it was deemed a succesfull surgery no matter how I ended up

It may have made more sense last year, i do understand what u r saying , i am just saying there is continuing problems he will have possibly for life like me and definitely 2 years removed is nothing for the anguish I know i suffer using my arm, let alone the stres he has to use besides getting hit

anyway here is a  SHORT video , not great but a bit of insight as to why he got award but i did mention earlierr these things and more in other comments

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Why_SI_Selected_Manning_for_SOTY/b9ca020f-d25a-44c9-ac68-9f6410c6d56a

If you read the article I believe the award goes to someone who handles them self both ON and OFF the field. In my opinion that would disqualify Ray Lewis.

That was 2000, not 2013. The guy was exonerated and rehabilitated his behavior. I guess Labron James deserved his for dissing his hometown, and putting a dagger in their heart with , The Decision."

I commend Manning on winning this award. 18 is humble, hard working, committed to his craft, & always giving back to his city, his community, his teammates, & his friends. Like Bayone has said before, "it is a miracle Peyton is even playing football, let alone at such a high level of execution. "

I will gladly give Yoda his day in the sun & refrain today from what I usually add to the 18 debate. Congratulations Peyton...Not a day to criticize, but reflect & marvel at his greatness...

know what u r saying , but read what i wrote and also listen to the video , its short & a The transcript from the press conference  is beneath the video,  besides stats and on field performance  as to why he got the award, its goes far beyond stats, and Manning displays the sportsmanship of many things  things noted that Le Bron never did, Things that in the interviewed SI representative says make Peyton ICONIC

VIDEO LINK AT BOTTOM

of course u have the right to your own opinion However

BTW AM< RE Rivera he notes in the transcript

We had two very strong candidates this year from baseball. Mariano Rivera, who kind of embodies a career of excellence, even though his season—it was strong, but it might not have been considered one of his five best.

And David Ortiz, what he kind of symbolized for the Red Sox towards the end of the season and how he was kind of the face of a team that went from worst-to-first. All these things competing—it’s a very difficult process every year and one that is challenging. But we really enjoy the process of it.”

& Yes I Consider Rivera incredible relief pitcher / closer, but give me Koufax who completed thge games, Man if he had the surgery they have now foir his arthritic arm, back in the 60's 

& again for me only 1 Johnny U 

=========================

U have to understand the medical consequences of what he has, its not simply a matter that he is 2 years removed from FOUR neck surgeries , thats , excuse me is laughable , it will   still hinder him years from now

That nerve will never heal completely , each time he plays, esp after a cold game , it needs recovery time not like u going inside but me, who had neck surgery and my arm / hand go numb to pain in the cold no matter how layered clothes i wear, let alone a uniform , and if have to go out for as long as he plays a game i wouldnt last, it would be torture

it takes quite while for me not to awake another day with my right arm,  not to be in pain or numbnes etc , for days after being in the cold

& u can easily stick needles in my arm and i wont feel them as different from a light brush , my fingers dont work whatsover to any fine degree and use just one to point or press a key

'

& BTW though i havent practiced medicine since 1988, and did ankle reconstruction, not neck, but do take courses to maintain an active license though my disability from my neck surgery prevents me from working, & yes it was deemed a succesfull surgery no matter how I ended up

It may have made more sense last year, i do understand what u r saying , i am just saying there is continuing problems he will have possibly for life like me and definitely 2 years removed is nothing for the anguish I know i suffer using my arm, let alone the stres he has to use besides getting hit

anyway here is a  SHORT video , not great but a bit of insight as to why he got award but i did mention earlierr these things and more in other comments

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Why_SI_Selected_Manning_for_SOTY/b9ca020f-d25a-44c9-ac68-9f6410c6d56a

I like your last video link on there Barry when the SI guy talks about Peyton remaining afterward to shake Ray Lewis's hand & give him props for the Ravens victory. That is the very definition of class & good sportsmanship. Kudos Peyton Kudos! :worthy: I respect that kind gesture immensely. If I were in his shoes, I hope I could be that strong, noble, & dignified.  

I like your last video link on there Barry when the SI guy talks about Peyton remaining afterward to shake Ray Lewis's hand & give him props for the Ravens victory. That is the very definition of class & good sportsmanship. Kudos Peyton Kudos! :worthy: I respect that kind gesture immensely. If I were in his shoes, I hope I could be that strong, noble, & dignified.  

He's always been a class act, on and off the field.

I know some think I need therapy at times...   haha  :lol:   but I can't sing his praises enough.   

It will be a sad day for me when he is no longer playing.   

Guest TeamLoloJones

That was 2000, not 2013. The guy was exonerated and rehabilitated his behavior. I guess Labron James deserved his for dissing his hometown, and putting a dagger in their heart with , The Decision."

So leaving a team in free agency is worse than obstructing a murder investigation?  That's delusional homerism if I've ever seen it.

I guess ever since I saw that story on Archie Manning & his background SW1 really respects fatherhood & the man Peyton has become. Archie has so much to be proud of there. He played a crucial role in Manning's development & Archie deserves the right to gloat a little.

I respect mothers too naturally, but great men; great fathers never get enough praise, especially lovable dads who are always there no matter what for their kids. Thank you Archie Manning & the dads out there who never abandon their children.

That's what sticks out for me in that 4 minute SI video piece that Gramz posted how proud Archie is of Peyton, Eli, & Cooper. Nice! It made me smile. :D  Archie didn't say anything, but you could tell...

He's always been a class act, on and off the field.

I know some think I need therapy at times...   haha   :lol:   but I can't sing his praises enough.   

It will be a sad day for me when he is no longer playing.   

No problem Gramz. I admire your steadfast loyalty to Peyton. Yes, 18's departure from INDY almost tore me to pieces; I don't want to even contemplate his NFL sunset ride yet. Your point is well taken though: Appreciate 18's greatness while we still can because it won't last forever. 

SW1 knows the loyal supporters of Peyton Manning are on here & I respect you all: Bayone, FX Stryker, MAC, Gramz, Susie Q, The Peytonator, No 1 Manning Fan, Superman, 21isSuperman, ruksak, Robert Johnson, Dustin, Chad72, CM51, & Cs4 just off the top of my head...[if I accidentally left your name off this list, I apologize.] 

Peyton was an NFL star for a deacde..and then 3 things happened

He got old.

He got hurt

..and he got laid off.

I can relate to all 3.....a lot of people can

This Sunday, he will break one of the marquee records in sports....Passing TDs in one season

A week from Sunday he will probabaly (considering the foe) break an almost unbreakable record......

the single season passing yardage record....of 5,451....

He's having the best year anyone in history has had .... and he came back from a career-ending injury to do it in his late 30s

If he does it, this will go down as the greats team sports achievement of our time.

No problem Gramz. I admire your steadfast loyalty to Peyton. Yes, 18's departure from INDY almost tore me to pieces; I don't want to even contemplate his NFL sunset ride yet. Your point is well taken though: Appreciate 18's greatness while we still can because it won't last forever. 

SW1 knows the loyal supporters of Peyton Manning are on here & I respect you all: Bayone, FX Stryker, MAC, Gramz, Susie Q, The Peytonator, No 1 Manning Fan, Superman, 21isSuperman, ruksak, Robert Johnson, Dustin, Chad72, CM51, & Cs4 just off the top of my head...[if I accidentally left your name off this list, I apologize.] 

Okay, I made a gross error in my list. I left jvan1973 off of it. Sorry, SW1 has no excuse. You have been a diehard supporter of Peyton Manning since SW1 became a Colts Forum member here. It was bugging me. I knew that I was forgetting an essential name that deserved to be mentioned. Good, I feel better now.  :hat:

Congrats to him and hats off when he wins the MVP.

Bogie saying something positive about Manning, say it ain't so! No I'm just trying to scare you all :highfive2:

Thanks for making me chuckle Bogie & here I thought Halloween was over in October. I guess that means that I have to root for New Orleans a little harder now out of respect for you too right? I'm cool with that.  ;)

Okay, I made a gross error in my list. I left jvan1973 off of it. Sorry, SW1 has no excuse. You have been a diehard supporter of Peyton Manning since SW1 became a Colts Forum member here. It was bugging me. I knew that I was forgetting an essential name that deserved to be mentioned. Good, I feel better now.  :hat:

Great list for sure.

i dont see Doogan these days?

I don't either. He probably took a brief break from the Forum. I've done that before myself, but I am drawn to football like an addiction & need my fix too much. Plus, my friends on here crack me up & I can't leave that comic relief for all the cash in the world.  :yahoo:

I'm sure Doogan will pop up again when he is ready. 

Great list for sure.

Thank you Mr. Bond. I appreciate that. I'll even buy you a free martini if you want.

I can't afford a fancy sports car with the latest spy gizmos installed in it &, even if a Bond girl came with it, I can't say that I would freely relinquish that to you either. I like you a lot Shane, but my philanthropy has it's limits you know. Just Kidding my friend! haha  

Thank you Mr. Bond. I appreciate that. I'll even buy you a free martini if you want.

I can't afford a fancy sports car with the latest spy gizmos installed in it &, even if a Bond girl came with it, I can't say that I would freely relinquish that to you either. I like you a lot Shane, but my philanthropy has it's limits you know. Just Kidding my friend! haha  

haha too funny.

I got covered with the fancy car and girl(s) my friend.

And i dont drink alchohol. A tall black coffee from star bucks would be golden :).

I got covered with the fancy car and girl(s) my friend.

You ARE the man

LOL! Girls...Plural meaning more than one? Oh no, Mr. Bond, you appear to have won that title hands down. Only teasing Shane!  :lol:  :funny:  lmao  Yes, I realize either that means you are "smooth" with the ladies or a great father figure with precious little "angels" on your own...Nice! I kid; I kid...

Okay, out of respect for Gramz who started this topic, SW1 won't sidetrack this Manning thread I promise...

Yes, I realize either that means you are "smooth" with the ladies or a great father figure with precious little "angels" on your own...Nice! I kid; I kid...

Okay, out of respect for Gramz who started this topic, SW1 won't sidetrack this Manning thread I promise...

Definitely not the latter for sure :).

Sorry Gramz, got to appreciate SW1 for his sense of humor

Definitely not the latter for sure :).

Sorry Gramz, got to appreciate SW1 for his sense of humor

Ha! Ha! Sorry Shane, I didn't mean to make you break out & give you nightmares & cold sweats there. My oldest nephew Josh is nowhere near the "walk down the aisle" phase either. Take your time on that one. No need to rush that at all.

In the meantime, just be yourself, play it cool, & be "smooth" just like Carlos Santana & Rob Thomas. Your potential inspirational theme song? Just a suggestion....

Okay, I'm done now here Gramz I swear.  :thmup:

Ha! Ha! Sorry Shane, I didn't mean to make you break out & give you nightmares & cold sweats there. My oldest nephew Josh is nowhere near the "walk down the aisle" phase either. Take your time on that one. No need to rush that at all.

In the meantime, just be yourself, play it cool, & be "smooth" just like Carlos Santana & Rob Thomas. Your potential inspirational theme song? Just a suggestion....

Okay, I'm done now here Gramz I swear.  :thmup:

LOL, thats wicked man. Its the same song i listen every morning when i go for my tall star bucks coffee :).

Yeah, i dont know i will ever get ready walking down the aisle. I actually want to :).

I think the guy from SI  recognizes that Peyton returned from a career-ending injury and even though his physical gifts

were diminished........he took his game to all-time highs not just for him but for anyone...after getting laid off.....

......No one else in team sport has ever done that at his age.

Most great old players...like Michael Jordan with the Wizards...Joe Montana with the Chiefs..Booby Orr with the BlackHawks

..... people rooted for them in honor of what they have done..hoping fro flashes of the past/

Peyton is a aging, fallen (and fired) hero who rose up to to the top and turned back time after many gave up on him.

. I don't know how people can help but identify with that.

The fired comment is laughable. He couldn't prove he was fit to be handed a 28m contract. His fault, not the Colts. Not a dig at Peyton btw, a dig at you for fanning old flames......

LOL, thats wicked man. Its the same song i listen every morning when i go for my tall star bucks coffee :).

Yeah, i dont know i will ever get ready walking down the aisle. I actually want to :).

Great minds think alike & caffeine & Santana are a sweet combination...Tushay Mr. Bond. Tushay.  :36dancing:  :P  Life's too short to get bogged down with marriage too early anyway. Have fun exploring...Enough said. 

The fired comment is laughable. He couldn't prove he was fit to be handed a 28m contract. His fault, not the Colts. Not a dig at Peyton btw, a dig at you for fanning old flames......

Nice to see you posting again BHC. I miss your European wisdom & humor on here. It's quite refreshing. I just like people "across the pond" who tend to have great sarcastic tendencies & you are no exception to that rule. 

Geez, for someone who said I was done posting on this topic, I have a hard time following through with my own advice don't I? LOL!