Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie On The Rise?

Dark Superman

Reggie Wayne - WR - Colts

Reggie Wayne (torn ACL, injured reserve) expects to resume running in mid-January, and plans to go "full throttle" in four and a half months.

It's an aggressive timeline that could have Wayne ready for training camp if he avoids setbacks. It's still very early in his rehab, however. Wayne went down 51 days ago. Working in Wayne's favor is the fact that he had been remarkably durable up until his October injury, having not missed a game since his rookie season in 2001. Wayne is signed for an affordable $4 million in 2014.

Source: Mike Chappell on Twitter Dec 10 - 5:41 PM

Myles White - WR - Packers

Packers placed WR Myles White on injured reserve, ending his season.

White's injury is undisclosed. He played three snaps in Sunday's win over Atlanta. An undrafted rookie out of Louisiana Tech, White caught nine passes for 66 yards in seven games. He should be back to compete for a roster spot next summer.

Dec 10 - 5:19 PM

J.C. Tretter - G - Packers

Packers activated OL J.C. Tretter (ankle, leg) from the reserve/PUP list.

A fourth-round rookie, Tretter broke his leg and tore ankle ligaments in training camp. Tretter played tackle in college, but is expected to man the interior in Green Bay. He'll provide depth for the season's final three games.

Dec 10 - 5:15 PM

Visanthe Shiancoe - TE - Free Agent

Titans waived TE Visanthe Shiancoe.

C Kevin Matthews was re-signed in a corresponding roster move. Shiancoe's release is an indication Delanie Walker (concussion) will be ready for Week 15. Shiancoe played 27 snaps in Sunday's loss to the Broncos. Going on 33, Shiancoe is near the end of the line.

Related: Titans

Dec 10 - 5:10 PM

Edwin Baker - RB - Browns

Browns signed RB Edwin Baker.

Baker was on the Texans' practice squad. The No. 250 overall pick of the 2012 draft, Baker has yet to notch an NFL carry. Despite the sorry state of Cleveland's running back corps, that's unlikely to change.

Dec 10 - 4:37 PM

Caleb Hanie - QB - Free Agent

Browns waived QB Caleb Hanie.

It's a sign Brandon Weeden (concussion) will get cleared to back up Jason Campbell for Week 15. Hanie spent only one week on the Browns' active roster.

Related: Browns

Dec 10 - 4:35 PM

Jawan Jamison - RB - Redskins

Redskins promoted RB Jawan Jamison from the practice squad.

The Redskins needed a running back after Evan Royster was sent to injured reserve with an ankle injury. A seventh-round pick in April's draft, Jamison was released at final cuts after an unimpressive training camp. He's unlikely to get any run in the season's final three games.

Dec 10 - 4:29 PM

Chris Pressley - RB - Free Agent

Bengals waived FB Chris Pressley.

Pressley was stashed away on the reserve/PUP list with a knee injury. Pressley went down last Week 15, and still wasn't healthy for the start of training camp. Pressley has 43 games of NFL experience.

Related: Bengals

Dec 10 - 4:14 PM

For a reciever of Reggie's calibur with his past production, that is pennies. By comparison, Andre Johnson is scheduled to hit the Texans for over $11 million next year.

Actually the 4 mill is RW's base for 2014. His cap number is 6.5 due to 2.5 in pro rated bonus.

A Johnson has a base of 6.5 mill and a cap hit of 11.9 for 2014.

Actually the 4 mill is RW's base for 2014. His cap number is 6.5 due to 2.5 in pro rated bonus.

A Johnson has a base of 6.5 mill and a cap hit of 11.9 for 2014.

So Andre's cap hit almost doubles Reggie's. Which was my point. Reggie comes incredibly cheap for what he brings, and honestly could have demanded more. But he didnt. Reggie Wayne is a contributor to this teams success in so many ways its mind boggling. For all the respect he gets, Im not sure its enough.

So Andre's cap hit almost doubles Reggie's. Which was my point. Reggie comes incredibly cheap for what he brings, and honestly could have demanded more. But he didnt. Reggie Wayne is a contributor to this teams success in so many ways its mind boggling. For all the respect he gets, Im not sure its enough.

Your point was just off a bit. You had RW's base and compared it to AJ's cap hit. The two are totally different items. I wasn't contesting your point , just corrected the #'s. 

Very good news.   We need Reggie back in the worst kind of way.  If I'm not mistaking, next year, he'll again be playing in a contract year.  So, I expect him to work his * off in the off-season and come back ready to do what Reggie does so well.

Reggie gives us the luxury of addressing other roster needs, and boy,,,, there are a number of roster spots that need addressing!

Speaking of Reggie, can anyone tell me what goes into the rehab of an ACL tear and surgery?  

2 or 3 weeks after the surgery I was surprised to see Reggie walking without crutches.  My impression up until then is that you had to stay on crutches for so long that the leg loses most of it's muscle mass and then you have to spend several months trying to rebuild that.  

I honestly believe that Reggie Wayne is one of the hardest workers in the league. I wouldn't be surprised if he came back and put up amazing numbers.

It also can't hurt that you not only have one of the hardest working guys in the sport, but his wife is a physical therapist.  That's a pretty darn good rehab "tag team".  I'm already salivating over the possibility of seeing a 3-wide set with Reggie, TY and Rogers next year! Let 'em try to figure out how to cover that monster.

Speaking of Reggie, can anyone tell me what goes into the rehab of an ACL tear and surgery?  

2 or 3 weeks after the surgery I was surprised to see Reggie walking without crutches.  My impression up until then is that you had to stay on crutches for so long that the leg loses most of it's muscle mass and then you have to spend several months trying to rebuild that.

There is a great article in Grantland.com about ACL injuries if you wanna check it out.

I have a few friends who have had the surgery, never myself thank god.

After a few weeks you can put weight on it, and actually walk pretty normally in straight lines. The problem is side to side motion which is very restricted and painful. After the surgery, you have intense muscle building, explosiveness and flexibility training for you knee. You also need to dedicate a lot of time to core-strength work, as this will help support the knees and take pressure of them.

Common excercises are resistance bands around the soles of the feet whilst doing a peddling motion, jumping off the injured knee onto plyometric boxes, and aqua-jogging.

It is a long and grueling recovery period but people often come back more explosive due to the amount of exercise they with their leg muscles and core.