Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Where is Our GM

UnitastoOrr

I'm kind of amazed that we have no heard much discussion on Ryan Grigson in this quandary. I think some of the apprehension that surrounds the Colts falls on his shoulders. he was the guy who signed some of these free agents  that have not panned out, he is the one who mastered the trade for Richardson, he is the one who kinda left us vulnerable at Wide receiver. I'm still waiting for some of the FA we signed to start earning their pay check, yes I know injuries have played a part but I'm concerned. The DB, are potentially good but that hasn't panned out. Not real fond of Vonte Davis's play, Greg Toler we have not seen, where is Eric Walden, He is earning a lot of money to be average. In closing I think some heat also has to go his way for where we are at, right now.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm kind of amazed that we have no heard much discussion on Ryan Grigson in this quandary. I think some of the apprehension that surrounds the Colts falls on his shoulders. he was the guy who signed some of these free agents  that have not panned out, he is the one who mastered the trade for Richardson, he is the one who kinda left us vulnerable at Wide receiver. I'm still waiting for some of the FA we signed to start earning their pay check, yes I know injuries have played a part but I'm concerned. The DB, are potentially good but that hasn't panned out. Not real fond of Vonte Davis's play, Greg Toler we have not seen, where is Eric Walden, He is earning a lot of money to be average. In closing I think some heat also has to go his way for where we are at, right now.

When any team starts taking on lots of free agents it is a sign of desperation in my eyes. There is a reason their old teams let them go. I am pretty sure that the average of those that work out that are not names Peyton Manning is far south of 50%. That is why Polian didn't believe in signing them. Grigson is not Bill Polian and that is not a good thing. Trading those top two draft picks will put this team behind for years to come unless Richardson turns into a star and that doesn't seem likely. Davis is better but he seems inconsistent. All in all, I would rather have the two draft picks but that is just my opinion.  :D

Vontae is not Revis man he isn't a shutdown corner he has his good games and his bad he probably is under some pressure cause he don't know if he will be plying football for the colts or somebody else next season but I know I would be all for replaceing toler next season I like how he plays buy he got burned a lot before his injury and he hasn't played in a game in almost 2 months him and Vaughn need to go at least Vaughn.

That's what I'm saying. I forgot it's also Ryan Grigson's fault that we have a better W-L record when Andrew Luck wears his beard as opposed to when he doesn't

Yup. I forgot to mention that, if Ryan Grigson hadn't signed Erik Walden to that ridiculous contract, Donald Thomas wouldn't have gotten hurt, DHB would be able to catch, and Antoine Bethea would be able to cover.

It's clearly time for Grigson to go. He should take Pagano with him, too. Pagano is clearly responsible for Dwayne Allen's injury.

No Grigson is not to blame, but there has to be a little bit of blame for not upgrading the receivers. The offensive line is a mess, yes, I'm not blaming Grigson for Thomas's injury but where has it gotten better, what kind of back ups do we have. The injuries aside, there just isn;t any depth here and the free agants we have picked up have not panned out as well as the trades we have made. I also understand he has only been on the job for two years, I also know where we was at when he took the job, but I'm sorry, these for the most part are his players,

Vontae is not Revis man he isn't a shutdown corner he has his good games and his bad he probably is under some pressure cause he don't know if he will be plying football for the colts or somebody else next season but I know I would be all for replaceing toler next season I like how he plays buy he got burned a lot before his injury and he hasn't played in a game in almost 2 months him and Vaughn need to go at least Vaughn.

I was under the impression that someone stole the period key on your keyboard, but then I saw that you sneaked one in at the end of that post. Now I'm confused.

No Grigson is not to blame, but there has to be a little bit of blame for not upgrading the receivers. The offensive line is a mess, yes, I'm not blaming Grigson for Thomas's injury but where has it gotten better, what kind of back ups do we have. The injuries aside, there just isn;t any depth here and the free agants we have picked up have not panned out as well as the trades we have made. I also understand he has only been on the job for two years, I also know where we was at when he took the job, but I'm sorry, these for the most part are his players,

We took a gamble on DHB. It hasn't worked out. No one anticipated Reggie getting hurt, and that's the real back breaker. Our receiving corps at the start of the season was just fine.

The free agents have worked out just fine. Every free agent doesn't perform like a Pro Bowler, but the only guys not doing what they were expected to do have been DHB and Toler. Bradshaw and Thomas got hurt early, but both were playing well at the time. Landry, Walden, RJF, Cherilus are all doing well. Franklin has been okay, not great, but not bad. Imagine where we'd be without those guys...

He also retained Darius Butler and Fili Moala, and brought in Havili. Da'Rick Rogers is Grigson's acquisition.

We could have done a few things differently this past offseason; the Richardson trade is probably chief among them. But the way the team has been playing the past month or so is not because Grigson didn't do a good job. This is the same old revisionist history that Colts fans have held themselves hostage to since the Polian era. It's silly. Every time something goes wrong, it's back to the GM not erasing all our problems and constructing a super team in the offseason.

After the final game of the Polian regime, Polian himself said that the team was basically without any young difference makers on either side of the ball. Grigson is in Year 2 of trying to restock a roster that was incredibly flawed. Even though he's made mistakes, he's a really good GM.

Grigson was supposed to predict injuries? He made some investments in guys, but that is what happens when you sign players that are injury prone. 

I see it more of a coaching or just a player situation when it comes to players not performing. Sometimes you look at game plans that just don't seem to fit.

And sometimes it just comes down to players just consistently dropping opportunities to make plays.

As for the Richardson trade, Grigson is banking on the later part of his rookie contract. How often does a top 3 pick get traded that year after he was drafted? And giving up just a 1st rounder? Carson Palmer commanded almost 2 first rounders, and he was in his 30s.  Also he has a bunch of raw physical talent, but his brain is slowing him down. 

I blame Grigson the least of anybody because we have a very good team, but the players and coaches have dropped the ball with injuries and lack of production.

Yup. I forgot to mention that, if Ryan Grigson hadn't signed Erik Walden to that ridiculous contract, Donald Thomas wouldn't have gotten hurt, DHB would be able to catch, and Antoine Bethea would be able to cover.

It's clearly time for Grigson to go. He should take Pagano with him, too. Pagano is clearly responsible for Dwayne Allen's injury.

Exactly, Grigson is horrible. And to think, I wanted to be his personal apple juice guy.

Psshhh; as if

Yeah that's right. But I want to know who hurt Ballard, if it was Irsay he has to go too.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Almost everyone had us going 10-6 or 11-5 and finishing 2nd in the division, and that was before we had all these injuries.  We are 8-5 with a division title wrapped up.  People seriously need to stop complaining, it really makes our fan base look like a bunch of crybabies.

to be honest our main issue on def is we have to of the same type of out dated safteys , bethea has to go replace him with bryd , play landry in the box, toler has to be cut this guy is  the softest colt player i have ever seen since tony ugho or quinn pitcock , toler stole his money this yr cut him and get a real cb 

When any team starts taking on lots of free agents it is a sign of desperation in my eyes. There is a reason their old teams let them go. I am pretty sure that the average of those that work out that are not names Peyton Manning is far south of 50%. That is why Polian didn't believe in signing them. Grigson is not Bill Polian and that is not a good thing. Trading those top two draft picks will put this team behind for years to come unless Richardson turns into a star and that doesn't seem likely. Davis is better but he seems inconsistent. All in all, I would rather have the two draft picks but that is just my opinion.  :D

When your team has no talent you get it anywhere you can,its a sign that the players contracts are up in my eyes.

Polian and Grigson have one thing in common they draft like crap. Polian and Grigson did better when they had the first pick in the draft and at the top of every round, Polian left this team with semi-pro O-LINE and Grigson has done the exact same thing.

Grigson seems to want to turn Luck into David Carr. Get over Polian he sure made a lot of draft mistakes the last 4-5 years.

And don't let the NFL fool you guys. Freaky Jean (RJF) was injured by Da'Rick Rogers. Took a Colts football and threw it at him.

Chuck Pagano rewarded him with a 100+ yard game against the Bengals. Yeah, Rogers breakout game was staged. Grigson set it all up. Rogers is gonna have a 8+ catch game Sunday as well. It's all staged people, don't believe everything you see on the field

And don't let the NFL fool you guys. Freaky Jean (RJF) was injured by Da'Rick Rogers. Took a Colts football and threw it at him.

Chuck Pagano rewarded him with a 100+ yard game against the Bengals. Yeah, Rogers breakout game was staged. Grigson set it all up. Rogers is gonna have a 8+ catch game Sunday as well. It's all staged people, don't believe everything you see on the field

1ck.jpg

When your team has no talent you get it anywhere you can,its a sign that the players contracts are up in my eyes.

Polian and Grigson have one thing in common they draft like crap. Polian and Grigson did better when they had the first pick in the draft and at the top of every round, Polian left this team with semi-pro O-LINE and Grigson has done the exact same thing.

Grigson seems to want to turn Luck into David Carr. Get over Polian he sure made a lot of draft mistakes the last 4-5 years.

Grigson drafts like crap? 

Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

Almost everyone had us going 10-6 or 11-5 and finishing 2nd in the division, and that was before we had all these injuries.  We are 8-5 with a division title wrapped up.  People seriously need to stop complaining, it really makes our fan base look like a bunch of crybabies.

And that is so much more important than protecting Luck, or having a defense led by a "defensive coach Pagano" that has allowed

161 points the last 5 games, when in 1968 the Colts D allowed 144 for the entire 14 games season. or 1971 when the Colts D

gave up 140 points for the entire 14 game season. The trouble with you is that you wouldn't know a good defense if you saw it.

your more worried about how you look than improving the Colts.

I'm curious as to who the 1st and 2nd round players that would be making a difference if we could draft them this year would be?  I think Trent Richardson will develop just fine, and I think Vontae Davis is a good corner?  I am just interested in who are the better two choices that we could have obtained in the next draft?

Trading those top two draft picks will put this team behind for years to come unless Richardson turns into a star and that doesn't seem likely. Davis is better but he seems inconsistent. All in all, I would rather have the two draft picks but that is just my opinion.  :D

And that is so much more important than protecting Luck, or having a defense led by a "defensive coach Pagano" that has allowed

161 points the last 5 games, when in 1968 the Colts D allowed 144 for the entire 14 games season. or 1971 when the Colts D

gave up 140 points for the entire 14 game season. The trouble with you is that you wouldn't know a good defense if you saw it.

That's a fair comparison for a defense to average 10 points a game.  It's a shame that the best defense in the NFL right now is allowing 14.5 points per game.  No good defenses in the nfl this year!

Guest TeamLoloJones

Um what?  I'm not Grigson or Pagano, so I think your message being directed at me is kind of pointless.  My whole point to my fellow Colts fans on this forum is.....would you rather be a Browns/Jags/Texans fan?  Stay classy Indy....

Grigson was supposed to predict injuries? He made some investments in guys, but that is what happens when you sign players that are injury prone. 

I see it more of a coaching or just a player situation when it comes to players not performing. Sometimes you look at game plans that just don't seem to fit.

And sometimes it just comes down to players just consistently dropping opportunities to make plays.

As for the Richardson trade, Grigson is banking on the later part of his rookie contract. How often does a top 3 pick get traded that year after he was drafted? And giving up just a 1st rounder? Carson Palmer commanded almost 2 first rounders, and he was in his 30s.  Also he has a bunch of raw physical talent, but his brain is slowing him down. 

I blame Grigson the least of anybody because we have a very good team, but the players and coaches have dropped the ball with injuries and lack of production.

You don't seem to get the concept that where a player is picked means nothing do you really want a list of top 1st round flops.

I blame Grigson because his job is to judge talent so according to you because of a stupid Carson Palmer trade thats justifies

a stupid Richardson trade and the Colts only wasted a Number one pick instead of 2 number ones?

As far as how often does a top 3 pick get traded so quickly did it ever occur to you that there was a reason the Browns bailed?

Tell me what Grigson has done positive for the Colts? Because I can think of TEN STUPID things he has done for the Colts.

You understand his Job is to make the Colts better now and in the future. Not wreck both.

I'm curious as to who the 1st and 2nd round players that would be making a difference if we could draft them this year would be?  I think Trent Richardson will develop just fine, and I think Vontae Davis is a good corner?  I am just interested in who are the better two choices that we could have obtained in the next draft?

We still have our 2nd round pick but we could have had a pretty good chance to get WR Jordan Matthews out of Vanderbilt who I think will be a stud depending on where he lands...Probably the best example at who we had a shot at

Hey George, Cramer is  looking for you. I think he is over at Jerry's place, you better get over fast.

Pound of flesh...........pound of flesh..........step right up and git yer pound of flesh.

All you have to do is be disappointed and we got what you need. Heck, we can even be one of the first teams to win our division and you can still git yer pound of flesh!

Today only 8-5/lb. Dont worry though, we wont run out of flesh for those who need it consistently.

Um what?  I'm not Grigson or Pagano, so I think your message being directed at me is kind of pointless.  My whole point to my fellow Colts fans on this forum is.....would you rather be a Browns/Jags/Texans fan?  Stay classy Indy....

You said people should stop complaining or people will think Colts fans are crybabies. I say I could care less what people think I want the Colts to be the Great and if it takes throwing rocks at the fools Grigson/Pagano/Pep that are making the Colts look like fools. Tell me any of you were proud of the Rams/Cards games???? Throw in the first halves of the texans and titans games

Please.

Guest TeamLoloJones

You said people should stop complaining or people will think Colts fans are crybabies. I say I could care less what people think I want the Colts to be the Great and if it takes throwing rocks at the fools Grigson/Pagano/Pep that are making the Colts look like fools. Tell me any of you were proud of the Rams/Cards games???? Throw in the first halves of the texans and titans games

Please.

You said I care more about how we look vs. improving the Colts.  How exactly am I suppose to improve the Colts?  Complaining about the Coach/GM doesn't do anyone any good.  If you think 8-5 and a division title in the 2nd year of a complete rebuild is looking like fools, then I would hate to have to be someone that looks to you for approval.

You said I care more about how we look vs. improving the Colts. How exactly am I suppose to improve the Colts? Complaining about the Coach/GM doesn't do anyone any good. If you think 8-5 and a division title in the 2nd year of a complete rebuild is looking like fools, then I would hate to have to be someone that looks to you for approval.

Stop being so rational. You just end up making others look foolish with all your reason and logic.

Richardson has shown nothing and giving a one for him was a terrible decision. It doesn't take long for RBs to develop and an argument could be made that you never spend a high draft pick on one. Vontae Davis has shown signs that he can be a good corner but he isn't consistent enough and I wouldn't not have given a number two pick for him in hindsight. At the time, I too thought it was a good deal. As for the Richardson trade, a good middle of the first round draft pick should be pretty damn good. Perhaps even a pro bowl class offensive or defensive lineman. This team needs lots of help at different positions and it will be harder to get them without those two draft picks. Do you think anyone would give Indy a one for Richardson or a two for Davis now?  :D

In all fairness to those that are not happy ..... you , Nadine and some others are missing something. This team has become hard to watch. They are pretty much out of games by half time. Only a couple crazy comebacks vs a horrible Houston team and a ehh... Tenn team has made the lat 6 games an epic pile of incredible crap. 

The defense is regressing .. getting gashed by he run  giving up big plays and getting very little pass rush. It like the offense (which has an excuse) , reeks of poor preparation and being "out schemed." No need to talk about the offense. Bottom line is that there are intelligent people that are upset and rightfully so. There is nothing wrong with 8-5 and a division title. Forget the fact that the second best team is 5-8... it's still a win. What they are complaining about is this team could now be figured as one of the NFL's poorer units. Six games is just not too small of a sample group. Just pull up the schedule and look at the last 6 games , look at the scores and think about how in two of those games , it could have been easily 50 points that the D gave up. Reggie Wayne was a nice player but there is no way that anyone could say it's reasonable to blame the last 6 (really 6 1/2  ) games on him. 

I have no issue with you as you are one of the best posters on this board but I do think there is a little more to the state of this team than just an 8-5 record and a division title. I mean... really.. scheme a pass rush now and then. Disguise some coverages and somehow defend a pass now and then. This last 6 games with the exception of the home win vs Tenn. has been a classic case of horrible play and horrible coaching. That's a pretty big stretch of games and we have no excuse for this collapse by our defense. The offense , you have a case to say that Luck is out or sync due to poor O line talent and the loss of his best WR. 

I'm not saying to fire the whole staff and Grigson but I'm not with the group that says 8-5 is fine vs the 2013 schedule. While 8-5 is indeed very good , you can't ignore how this team is now playing. So call me somewhere in between on this argument.

You said I care more about how we look vs. improving the Colts.  How exactly am I suppose to improve the Colts?  Complaining about the Coach/GM doesn't do anyone any good.  If you think 8-5 and a division title in the 2nd year of a complete rebuild is looking like fools, then I would hate to have to be someone that looks to you for approval.

No , you are 100% correct ... it won't do any good complaining. But it is a forum and opinions on the coaching staff is always going to be a part of it. Not really different from those that wanted Rogers to replace DHB or Reitz to get a shot at a guard spot. It's all just talk about the team and Grigson , Pagano on down are part of it. 

That's a fair comparison for a defense to average 10 points a game.  It's a shame that the best defense in the NFL right now is allowing 14.5 points per game.  No good defenses in the nfl this year!

Yeah. I think  the game has changed a bit in last 42 years. But this defense has taken a pretty big step backwards since the last 20 minutes of the Denver game.