Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Where is Our GM

UnitastoOrr

We also barely got any pressure at all on Dalton as well, Most of his throws he could just sit back there calmly while waiting for the crossing routes to get open. I'd like to see us blitz more up the middle with our ILBs, Also blitz Landry from time to time

they have the last few weeks

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not gonna blame Grigson much even though he overpaid for career backups in RJF, Toler, and Walden and gave a 1st for Richardson. He did find some gems in Freeman, T.Y, Allen, Rogers, and traded for Davis. This years draft has been bad but i still think Werner could be a 10 sack a year guy, none of the pass rushers from this draft have been good usually takes a year.

Every team has injuries so im not gonna blame our losses on that, we played bad vs the Raiders, Dolphins, and Chargers when Wayne was playing. The reason this team is never prepared and start games off slow is because of the stubbornness of Pagano. He keeps trying to make us a power running team when Luck should be airing it out in Shotgun to start off the game to open up the run. Manusky has been bad as well doubt he'll be back but until Pagano needs to change his philosophy and start letting Luck pass it more early in the game. The way the Packers and Broncos are playing offense is how the colts should be playing. 

Again.. why all the hate for the coaching staff and front office? The Colts won their division. They lost their best WR, TE, RB, and OG and WON the division.

Yes, let's clean house.. C'mon people. Instead of worrying about the GM.. let's start talking Chiefs v. Colts in the PLAYOFFS!

Um.....er.......the fan base?  ;)

Serious?

DHB is NOT Grigson's worst contract. There's nothing even remotely wrong with DHB's contract. One year deal, not a lot of money, nothing risky about the contract at all. 

We started the year with Reggie, Hilton and DHB, and had Brazill and Whalen to work in as needed. That top three was good enough, even if DHB did nothing. Not great, not off the charts, but good enough. Plus, the plan was to use the tight ends and backs as receivers a little bit more. 

We didn't have depth, but I never said we did. I said at the beginning of the season that depth at receiver was a concern, and to make it worse, we lost our best receiver. But the guys we had to begin with weren't a problem.

DHB sucks. Simply put. It's too bad, because he has the physical tools. The previous two years, he'd been catching the ball better. Some were hoping he'd be a 1,000 yard receiver, which is silly. I was hoping he'd catch 50 balls for 700 yards, and he probably won't. But I never expected him to pace our offense. If we had signed someone rather than DHB, we'd be in better shape, but not by much, because we still would have been heavily reliant on Reggie, who has been out for six games.

Signing DHB was clearly a mistake. Not only has he not done anything, but he probably cost us a roster spot that someone who can actually catch could have taken. But I reject the sensationalism. The move didn't work out, but it's not that bad of a move.

yea again sorry. Is jsut that i have had way too much work and im just barelyu logging to post and not watching my words carefully enough. I didnt mean contract wise. the contract doesnt really matter is just a simple 1 year deal with no big cap hit. I meant his worst signing, as in player not because of contract $$ etc.

But my point still back my thought. Why do you go into the season with only 1 proven WR. I like Brazil but cmon, the team knew they were paying DHB to be starting WR. they just dreamed about it like it would just happen but there was no history that he would actually be.

not a bad move? if you mean contract wise yes it wasnt. Its a terrible move football wise. He didnt give anything to the team. He just meant less snaps for HIlton. it was a terrible move because other WR would probably catch those 3rd down pases. it was terrible move bcause they envisioned him as a starter. 

I'm kind of amazed that we have no heard much discussion on Ryan Grigson in this quandary. I think some of the apprehension that surrounds the Colts falls on his shoulders. he was the guy who signed some of these free agents  that have not panned out, he is the one who mastered the trade for Richardson, he is the one who kinda left us vulnerable at Wide receiver. I'm still waiting for some of the FA we signed to start earning their pay check, yes I know injuries have played a part but I'm concerned. The DB, are potentially good but that hasn't panned out. Not real fond of Vonte Davis's play, Greg Toler we have not seen, where is Eric Walden, He is earning a lot of money to be average. In closing I think some heat also has to go his way for where we are at, right now.

:facepalm:

It's hard to rebuild when you trade away high draft picks for average at best players. (Davis TRich), spend tons of money on average players (Walden, Landry)...

Prior to Toler's injury, Davis was playing at a pro bowl level.  I'm still not 100% happy about the TRich trade but it is what it is.  I do think it's far to soon to call him an "average" player.  Many seem to conveniently forget that he's learning his 3rd new offense in under 2 full years in the league.  A lot of people think that he was brought in to save this season but I'm not 100% buying that.  I do think the early success led the FO to believe that we were going to be a contender sooner than they expected, but the trade for TRich was still thinking long-term.  He's still very young and cheap considering he's on his rookie contract plus Cleveland is paying his bonuses.  

Also, it has been pointed out at least a hundred times so one more probably isn't going to do any good but I'll try anyway, Grigson did not spend "tons of money" on Walden.  Walden was paid in accordance with other starting SAM LB's and add to that the fact that far more often than not, Walden has been doing the job that he was asked to do when he was brought in.

As for Landry, is he the highest paid safety in the league?  He was probably the most proven of the players brought in so yeah he's going to be paid a big chunk of change but he's also a difference maker...a known play maker.  Those kind of guys aren't cheap in FA.

Prior to Toler's injury, Davis was playing at a pro bowl level.  I'm still not 100% happy about the TRich trade but it is what it is.  I do think it's far to soon to call him an "average" player.  Many seem to conveniently forget that he's learning his 3rd new offense in under 2 full years in the league.  A lot of people think that he was brought in to save this season but I'm not 100% buying that.  I do think the early success led the FO to believe that we were going to be a contender sooner than they expected, but the trade for TRich was still thinking long-term.  He's still very young and cheap considering he's on his rookie contract plus Cleveland is paying his bonuses.  

Also, it has been pointed out at least a hundred times so one more probably isn't going to do any good but I'll try anyway, Grigson did not spend "tons of money" on Walden.  Walden was paid in accordance with other starting SAM LB's and add to that the fact that far more often than not, Walden has been doing the job that he was asked to do when he was brought in.

As for Landry, is he the highest paid safety in the league?  He was probably the most proven of the players brought in so yeah he's going to be paid a big chunk of change but he's also a difference maker...a known play maker.  Those kind of guys aren't cheap in FA.

Doesn't Davis lead the NFL with TDs allowed with eight? Don't passers average a 105 QB rating when throwing to receivers he is covering? How is any of that "All Pro" level? I don't think he is worth anything close to the second round pick the Colts gave up to get him. Richardson would not have been a good deal for a fifth round pick much less our first rounder. Cleveland fleeced Grigson pure and simple.  :D

Doesn't Davis lead the NFL with TDs allowed with eight? Don't passers average a 105 QB rating when throwing to receivers he is covering? How is any of that "All Pro" level? I don't think he is worth anything close to the second round pick the Colts gave up to get him. Richardson would not have been a good deal for a fifth round pick much less our first rounder. Cleveland fleeced Grigson pure and simple.  :D

He said, "Prior to Toler's Injury". I know that you have trouble with reading comprehension, but it's literally the first 4 words in his post.

He said, "Prior to Toler's Injury". I know that you have trouble with reading comprehension, but it's literally the first 4 words in his post.

I posted stats for the year. It wasn't just after Toler's injury. My reading comprehension is fine how is your math?  :D

I posted stats for the year. It wasn't just after Toler's injury. My reading comprehension is fine how is your math?  :D

Davis only allowed 1 TD prior to Toler being injured. His sole TD allowed was in the Seattle game. 

Of course you would have known this if you watched the games.

Early in the season Davis was playing at an all pro level during a stretch. I actually think Davis is still struggling with a groin injury he suffered earlier in the season. Im not one to give players an excuse but groin injuries can be nagging and...Toler is not even playing through his, As to Richardson, I agree with you

Early in the season Davis was playing at an all pro level during a stretch. I actually think Davis is still struggling with a groin injury he suffered earlier in the season. Im not one to give players an excuse but groin injuries can be nagging and...Toler is not even playing through his, As to Richardson, I agree with you

I was not aware of the groin injury and than can be really bad for a player in a speed position. Perhaps he will turn out better than he is right now but at this moment, the trade was very bad.  :D

Nah, he's been going through a rough patch the last couple of weeks tho for sure. Awful safety play really doesn't help him.

It's not just a rough patch imo... He has been absolutely awful since the Denver game, there isn't a week that goes by that he doesn't get burned at least once. I know he has to do a lot because our scheme is trash and our safeties offer no pass support but he still isn't that good.

It's not just a rough patch imo... He has been absolutely awful since the Denver game, there isn't a week that goes by that he doesn't get burned at least once. I know he has to do a lot because our scheme is trash and our safeties offer no pass support but he still isn't that good.

It's no secret that his play has gone down since Denver. That's the last game Toler played as well. It's because we have to roll safety help over the top to help Vaughn and Butler and he may or may not be dealing with a groin injury.

It's no secret that his play has gone down since Denver. That's the last game Toler played as well. It's because we have to roll safety help over the top to help Vaughn and Butler and he may or may not be dealing with a groin injury.

I don't see how Toler going down affects Davis's coverage... Toler was getting thrown at constantly so Davis's receivers weren't getting targeted as much.

I was not aware of the groin injury and than can be really bad for a player in a speed position. Perhaps he will turn out better than he is right now but at this moment, the trade was very bad.  :D

LOL  the Davis trade was not even close to "very bad".  So...would you rather Vaughn and Gordy be the starters?

I don't see how Toler going down affects Davis's coverage... Toler was getting thrown at constantly so Davis's receivers weren't getting targeted as much.

Toler going out could easily affect the confidence of the rest of the secondary.  Davis, Bethea and Landry may be worried about Vaughn missing an assignment, having to roll coverage to help Vaughn or any number of things.  Vaughn taking over for Toler could also have had an effect on the defensive playcalling because I'd bet money that Manusky has far less confidence in Vaughn than he had in Toler.

Vontae is not Revis man he isn't a shutdown corner he has his good games and his bad he probably is under some pressure cause he don't know if he will be plying football for the colts or somebody else next season but I know I would be all for replaceing toler next season I like how he plays buy he got burned a lot before his injury and he hasn't played in a game in almost 2 months him and Vaughn need to go at least Vaughn.

One word:  punctuation

I explained it to you. With Toler going down we have to roll safety coverage over to Vaughn and leave Davis out on an island.

It's hard to rebuild when you trade away high draft picks for average at best players. (Davis TRich), spend tons of money on average players (Walden, Landry)...

Could be...........  I'm just saying that at the time, my impression was that many fans liked that deal

Hindsight is always 20/20

Guest TeamLoloJones

It's hard to rebuild when you keep making the playoffs, and win a division title.

Guest TeamLoloJones

If we weren't in the AFC South we'd be under .500, our division is awful. 

Broncos, Seahawks, and 49ers aren't in AFC South last time I checked...but before you get mad, I do get your point.

I'm kind of amazed that we have no heard much discussion on Ryan Grigson in this quandary.

Really? Grigson was tasked with trying to rebulit a team in record time. What top notch players did we have on offensive when he took over? Reggie Wayne and...? On top of that we changed defensive system, so that demanded a rebilud too, brought on new coaches, had to change OC and what not. You can't rebuild an entire new team in record time just from the draft, which might give you like 3 quality players per year. Were you prepared to wait 6 years for a play-off spot?

To be honest I think Mr. Irsay probably has pushed a bit too hard to get this team to perform right away, leaving Grigson with no choice but doing some frantic shopping at times. I think Grigson has done very good given the high demand, but then I'm just Mr Clueless! :HFire:

LOL  the Davis trade was not even close to "very bad".  So...would you rather Vaughn and Gordy be the starters?

No better than Davis is playing, I would much rather have the second round pick this year. I can't imagine Vaughn and Gordy's stats could be much worse that Davis'. He leads the NFL with 8 TDs allowed. QBs who pass to his coverage have a QB rating of 105 on those passes. Don't you understand that this is so far from even being mediocre that it makes giving a second round pick for him absurd. I'll give Grigson guts for both this trade and Richardson's trade but it doesn't make them good deals by a long shot. I have just noted that teams that do a terrible job in the draft and whose first and second round picks don't work out or disappear completely don't reside at the top of the standings for long.  :D

Hate to say it, but Davis has been getting torched a lot lately. Sometimes it's the result of the other guy's making good plays, sometimes it's the D line not getting to the QB and sometimes it's Davis getting torched. I'm not sure trading away high picks is a good idea from here on out. 

No better than Davis is playing, I would much rather have the second round pick this year. I can't imagine Vaughn and Gordy's stats could be much worse that Davis'. He leads the NFL with 8 TDs allowed. QBs who pass to his coverage have a QB rating of 105 on those passes. Don't you understand that this is so far from even being mediocre that it makes giving a second round pick for him absurd. I'll give Grigson guts for both this trade and Richardson's trade but it doesn't make them good deals by a long shot. I have just noted that teams that do a terrible job in the draft and whose first and second round picks don't work out or disappear completely don't reside at the top of the standings for long. :D

where are you getting those numbers

so disregard those numbers. Gotcha

No. I think the numbers are accurate, why don't you check on it. I didn't write down the source but I had no reason to believe it was not accurate. I am sure one of the stat freaks here would be glad to let us know where to check or produce a source for us.  :D