Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Da'Rick Rogers vs Cincinnati Bengals (merge)

Rob Lowe

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope he has more catches than threads by the end of the year

If he does then he truly will be a superstar.

I know nothing about this guy other than what I've read from scouting reports and this forum but I have never witnessed so many people getting so excited about a player that: a) did nothing in the preseason and his biggest claim to fame as a pro is that he got a pass interference call.  Heck, even DHB has managed to get a few long PI calls this year.

One play, one burned DB, one wide open WR, one potential TD are all forgotten due to the ultimate PI call. His route running was sensational on the play. And his build and size in General was impressive, looks like a slightly shorter Calvin Johnson

Seeing as even though Rogers had a big start to his career last week with that PI call where he completely burned that DB with pure route running + speed, and with his solid blocking, he still wasn't able to get a catch due to lack of opportunity: that shouldn't be the case this week, as Pagamo has hinted at other receivers getting more chances. That said, what do you predict his stats will be?

3 catches, 79 yards, and great blocking

O catches..1 tackle on special teams

Seeing as even though Rogers had a big start to his career last week with that PI call where he completely burned that DB with pure route running + speed, and with his solid blocking, he still wasn't able to get a catch due to lack of opportunity: that shouldn't be the case this week, as Pagamo has hinted at other receivers getting more chances. That said, what do you predict his stats will be?

3 catches, 79 yards, and great blocking

1 PI is a big start?  Wasnt he just running a fly?  I dont see how you can mess that up. 

i was impressed

Believe it or not on that play he was targeted where he drew the PI call even though he did not catch the ball I was impressed with the way he ran that route, he didn't just sprint downfield on that go route he faked the defender with an inside move just enough to get a step on the defender, he had him beat but not by much still I only recall DHB beating his defender outright once on a go route I believe vs the Broncos. Luck slightly overtrew him a bit but Bey should have hauled it in, he had his fingers on the ball

Believe it or not on that play he was targeted where he drew the PI call even though he did not catch the ball I was impressed with the way he ran that route, he didn't just sprint downfield on that go route he faked the defender with an inside move just enough to get a step on the defender, he had him beat but not by much still I only recall DHB beating his defender outright once on a go route I believe vs the Broncos. Luck slightly overtrew him a bit but Bey should have hauled it in, he had his fingers on the ball

i do have eyes.

He would have gotten way past him if not for the hold

Yes. Big start to his career for sure. Way to go Da'Rick!

Youre are a new person so my guess is youre a newly created account by someone already here just to sarcastically praise Da'Rick delusionally.  Or you really are just delusionally optimistic about Da'Rick and just so happen to be a new person.  My guess would be the former.

Youre are a new person so my guess is youre a newly created account by someone already here just to sarcastically praise Da'Rick delusionally.  Or you really are just delusionally optimistic about Da'Rick and just so happen to be a new person.  My guess would be the former.

I think in times like this where we desparately need a receiver to step up being optimistic that Da'Rick will improve and being excited about his natural physical attributes as well as what he showed on that route is a good thing, We can focus on Da'Rick not getting any catches or yards in that game (despite only being targeted 1 time) or we can recognize this kid has a natural athletic gift and and flashes ability to separate from the defender and support this kid or we can continue hoping somehow/someway DHB figures out how to catch a ball past 6-7 yards with any consistency

I think in times like this where we desparately need a receiver to step up being optimistic that Da'Rick will improve and being excited about his natural physical attributes as well as what he showed on that route is a good thing, We can focus on Da'Rick not getting any catches or yards in that game (despite only being targeted 1 time) or we can recognize this kid has a natural athletic gift and and flashes ability to separate from the defender and support this kid or we can continue hoping somehow/someway DHB figures out how to catch a ball past 6-7 yards with any consistency

And we have a winner.  Instantly quoting me and defending ol Rob Lowe without batting an eye to what i said, lil suspicious.  The first posts of ol Lowe was about Da'Rick.  Its kinda obvious.  I wasnt even bashing Da'Rick in my post. 

Edit:  You even talk about the same thing Lowe does.  The route.  A simple fly route....theres nothing to show.  He was in one play, theres not flashes...just a flash, it was one time.  Lets see him run different routes and see if he can separate.  Speed demons can separate on fly routes easy enough.  You have no clue what he can do in the NFL right now.

Its kind of odd you have to log into another account just to defend yourself. 

Youre are a new person so my guess is youre a newly created account by someone already here just to sarcastically praise Da'Rick delusionally. Or you really are just delusionally optimistic about Da'Rick and just so happen to be a new person. My guess would be the former.

Or you erroneously assume things only to be wrong on both guesses. There is no delusion involved in acknowledging Daricks talents. I watched him play at Tennessee and it's absolutely undeniable. If you're ignorant of his talents, don't jump to assumptions of others.

I created an account as I am an avid colts fan and i wanted to communicate with fellow Colts fans.

Also I was in Nashville at the time to watch my first Colts game and what I was hoping would be Daricks first game, which is why he was the first thing I talked about in the forum. Your jumping to wild conclusions my friend

And we have a winner. Instantly quoting me and defending ol Rob Lowe without batting an eye to what i said, lil suspicious. The first posts of ol Lowe was about Da'Rick. Its kinda obvious. I wasnt even bashing Da'Rick in my post.

Edit: You even talk about the same thing Lowe does. The route. A simple fly route....theres nothing to show. He was in one play, theres not flashes...just a flash, it was one time. Lets see him run different routes and see if he can separate. Speed demons can separate on fly routes easy enough. You have no clue what he can do in the NFL right now.

Its kind of odd you have to log into another account just to defend yourself.

Wait what? Are you saying that Gavin is me?

Also, I'm basing my "delusional optimism" on empirical evidence that was available during his time in college. Kid had 1st round talent, which is why scouts and analyst gave him the draft grades they did. He went undrafted due to character issues, not his lack of physical attributes and raw talent. He's very talented.

Or you erroneously assume things only to be wrong on both guesses. There is no delusion involved in acknowledging Daricks talents. I watched him play at Tennessee and it's absolutely undeniable. If you're ignorant of his talents, don't jump to assumptions of others.

I created an account as I am an avid colts fan and i wanted to communicate with fellow Colts fans.

Whatever bro.  As i said to your alter ego, i didnt bash Da'Rick.  College is college, NFL is NFL.  BIG DIFFERENCE!  You cant judge a kid and his ability in the NFL on a single PI call.  All youre posts and topics have been almost SOLELY about Da'Rick, "avid colts fan"s would post more than just about one person that is barely part of the team..  Noone real does that, your jig is up Gavin.  You are now always Gavin to me, and permanently ignored.

Temper your expectations a little. The guy hasn't even caught a pass yet in his career and you're expecting him to make "Calvin Johnson" level catches? Lol

That was a Calvin Johnson catch to you? He had two hands on the ball. Sure the defender is there, but come on lol.

It was difficult. Not impossible.