Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Don't see Brees complaining now.

Nobody

What do you expect Brees to do? Run onto the field and chew out the ref for making a no call that happened to go in their favor?

If he had any ounce of integrity in his body he would have done so......

Saints threads are hilarious lately btw......lmao

NFL.com even has this on the front page.....Wow.....they are doing a lot lately to create Saints stories.

Controversial calls happen every week. :???:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000285680/article/saints-benefit-from-missed-call-after-hit-on-matt-ryan

Yeah, but usually the same call being called two different ways to benefit the same team doesnt happen. The cherry on top being the guy it was called on got a fine for it. The refs have created a bias controversy all on their own. Goodell has to be fuming.

Yeah, but usually the same call being called two different ways to benefit the same team doesnt happen. The cherry on top being the guy it was called on got a fine for it. The refs have created a bias controversy all on their own. Goodell has to be fuming.

That's what makes this situation so funny. I imagine the NFL will fine Hicks since they issued Brooks one...just to make it somewhat fair. On the bright side for Hicks, though, the Saints' bounty program will probably pay 50% of the fine just like Ray Ray did for Brooks..which makes it even more fair haha  

That's what makes this situation so funny. I imagine the NFL will fine Hicks since they issued Brooks one...just to make it somewhat fair. On the bright side for Hicks, though, the Saints' bounty program will probably pay 50% of the fine just like Ray Ray did for Brooks..which makes it even more fair haha

Oh please, the guy that started that whole mess isnt even there anymore. If you want to throw bountygate around, do it at the team that hired the d coordinator responsible (Tennessee).

NFL.com even has this on the front page.....Wow.....they are doing a lot lately to create Saints stories.

Controversial calls happen every week. :???:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000285680/article/saints-benefit-from-missed-call-after-hit-on-matt-ryan

Brees has a SB ring vs Ryan who doesn't. The best excuse I can come up with Jules on a similar penalty flag that should have been thrown. I've got it! Matt Ryan didn't bleed from his mouth = No zebra sympathy/protection for the QB. Just Kidding! 

It is the zebra creed, if a QB does not bleed, there no need to plant the seed that the act is punishable deed of 15 yards. Yes, I just made that up, but it does remind me of the OJ Simpson trial line, "if the glove does not fit; you must acquit." I got nothing. Your guess is as good as mine on that one Jules.

Wow!  I am really surprised this hasn't turned into a Tom Brady bashing thread with the "Brady Rule" and his whining and flailing on the ground after he gets hit looking at the ref for a flag.  I'm a Pats fan and I get a little embarrassed and frustrated when Brady does that and many Pats fans agree with me.  They call in the Boston sports talk shows and take shots at Brady from time to time.

With regards to that hit on Drew Brees, the rules are the rules and it's not Brees' fault.

Colts fans need to remember and understand that a lot of these rules of protecting offensive players started for the 2004 or 2005 season when the Patriots beat the Colts in the playoffs the previous year and the Colts' owner who sat on the rules committee complained and created the rule where you can't touch offensive players past 5 yards.  They said the Pats were "mugging" Colts' players.  Some of the Rams players and their fans complained about that too during after the 2001 super bowl.

Lol at Samuel L. Jackson getting * with Matt Ryan. Priceless reaction shot.

I half expected Samuel L. Jackson to go into his Pulp Fiction Ezekiel 25-17 angry rant: 

“The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother’s keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.”

He looked pretty ticked off there to me. LOL! 

2013-11-2118_47_18.gif

I half expected Samuel L. Jackson to go into his Pulp Fiction Ezekiel 25-17 angry rant: 

“The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother’s keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.”

He looked pretty ticked off there to me. LOL! 

2013-11-2118_47_18.gif

That is a mighty fine face mask!

Wow! I am really surprised this hasn't turned into a Tom Brady bashing thread with the "Brady Rule" and his whining and flailing on the ground after he gets hit looking at the ref for a flag. I'm a Pats fan and I get a little embarrassed and frustrated when Brady does that and many Pats fans agree with me. They call in the Boston sports talk shows and take shots at Brady from time to time.

With regards to that hit on Drew Brees, the rules are the rules and it's not Brees' fault.

Colts fans need to remember and understand that a lot of these rules of protecting offensive players started for the 2004 or 2005 season when the Patriots beat the Colts in the playoffs the previous year and the Colts' owner who sat on the rules committee complained and created the rule where you can't touch offensive players past 5 yards. They said the Pats were "mugging" Colts' players. Some of the Rams players and their fans complained about that too during after the 2001 super bowl.

^ Ironically only person mentioning the Patriots.

If he had any ounce of integrity in his body he would have done so......

Saints threads are hilarious lately btw...... lmao

Yeah. You know what I have said in the past, Brees and Saints do get a lot of calls in their favor, more than their fair share as a home team. All the roughing that went on Favre in the 2009 NFCCG, bogus PI calls for Brees and the offense when they managed just 275 yards in OT to get them close to striking distance for Hartley's FG are just a few trickles of all the calls that have gone in favor of the Saints at the dome.

I am looking at the Colts-dolphins home game this year, they have a lousy call on Reggie Wayne taking away the TD and have NO penalties on the Dolphins. It is not like the Dolphins have been the beacon of least penalized teams in the rest of their games but the Colts sure did not get the home team treatment in that game. So, anyone who says Luck gets those calls too must be blind or a blind Saints fan (in comes Bogie...:))

No just right over your head hahaha that should have been 15 yards and a first down if it was a penalty when it happened to Brees the it should have been no different for Matt Ryan.

Please stop you're not understanding and only making it worse lol.

After the Brees penalty in the Niners game, Bogie came into the thread about the hit, and said that the only reason people thought it was a bad call was because they hated the Saints.

My post in this thread was a joke based on that.

Wow!  I am really surprised this hasn't turned into a Tom Brady bashing thread with the "Brady Rule" and his whining and flailing on the ground after he gets hit looking at the ref for a flag.  I'm a Pats fan and I get a little embarrassed and frustrated when Brady does that and many Pats fans agree with me.  They call in the Boston sports talk shows and take shots at Brady from time to time.

Colts fans need to remember and understand that a lot of these rules of protecting offensive players started for the 2004 or 2005 season when the Patriots beat the Colts in the playoffs the previous year and the Colts' owner who sat on the rules committee complained and created the rule where you can't touch offensive players past 5 yards.  They said the Pats were "mugging" Colts' players.  Some of the Rams players and their fans complained about that too during after the 2001 super bowl.

Enforcing the 5 yard rule has zero to do with the new player safety rules

Forgive me if I don't see the correlation between the 5yd rule and Ryan getting hit in the head and facemasked?  Can you please elaborate on what your trying to say, cause it almost looks like your trolling

Enforcing the 5 yard rule has zero to do with the new player safety rules

My thoughts exactly

^ Ironically only person mentioning the Patriots.

Exactly.

I'm somehow NOT surprised that there's a sanctimonious Pats fan trying to make this about Colts fans complaining about Tom Brady. I'm sort of surprised that got his Pats drivel in before Bogie came to defend his Saints against the rabid anti Saints fanatics that our board is so overrun with.

The most flag happy crew in the league missed the most obvious roughing the passer call of the night. Ron Winters' crew is terrible. And while I don't think either this hit or the Brooks hit were fine worthy, after fining Brooks I don't see how they don't fine Hicks.

What Patriot fans need to remember and understand is that Polian (not the Colt's owner) complained to the competition committee (of which he was a member) that the rule was not being enforced.  He did not create a new rule all by himself . . . as if that would even be possible. 

Now if you prefer that the defense of other teams should be allowed to "mug" Patriot players, I would be happy to sign a petition to that effect.  :thmup:

Also, here's a little read that you may find informative:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/01/16/AR2008011603650.html

What Patriot fans need to remember and understand is that Polian (not the Colt's owner) complained to the competition committee (of which he was a member) that the rule was not being enforced.  He did not create a new rule all by himself . . . as if that would even be possible. 

Now if you prefer that the defense of other teams should be allowed to "mug" Patriot players, I would be happy to sign a petition to that effect.  :thmup:

Also, here's a little read that you may find informative:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/01/16/AR2008011603650.html

What the NFL needs to do is go back to what it was pre-2005 where defenses can play defense so it's not arena football.

No one was "mugging" any Colts players previous to 2005.  It's just the Colts got beat by better teams around the league until 2005 when the rules favored indoor turf softer teams that struggle in cold man's weather with tough d-backs.