Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I Think Kirk Cousins' Is A Better Choice Than Luck...

and we can get him later in the draft,maybe even with one of the 8 or so picks we'll get when we trade that first pick(if we get it)to the highest bidder.It would save us ALOT of money,plus give us an opportunity to rebuild that secondary and line.Its a more logical choice and decision.I wouldn't be surprised at all if we could break the bank with draft picks(10 or more).I see daniel snyder trying to move up and get him(luck)for mike shanahan.And snyder is dumb enough to do it.

and we can get him later in the draft,maybe even with one of the 8 or so picks we'll get when we trade that first pick(if we get it)to the highest bidder.It would save us ALOT of money,plus give us an opportunity to rebuild that secondary and line.Its a more logical choice and decision.I wouldn't be surprised at all if we could break the bank with draft picks(10 or more).I see daniel snyder trying to move up and get him(luck)for mike shanahan.And snyder is dumb enough to do it.

Now there is an unusual and fresh take. May be the only time Cousins and Luck are linked together.

Having watched both QBs, I think you are flat wrong.

Why?I think luck is just another ryan/stafford.Thanks,but no thanks.The trade value is worth more than luck.

I get the part about the trade value being worth more than Luck himself. But the Colts won't pass on luck with their sights on Cousins.

I get the part about the trade value being worth more than Luck himself. But the Colts won't pass on luck with their sights on Cousins.

I seriously think they will.I have a good feeling about him(cousins').I think luck will be good,but not all that.He's just another ryan in my eyes.Nothing special about him.

I seriously think they will.I have a good feeling about him(cousins').I think luck will be good,but not all that.He's just another ryan in my eyes.Nothing special about him.

First off, in the games I have seen this year, Cousins has been terrible.

Secondly, the choice will simply not be pass on Luck with the first pick so we can get Cousins with the 1st pick in round 6.

Third, there is a widely held belief among those in the know that Luck is the most NFL ready QB since PM. Forgive me if I chose to believe them over you.

Lastly, your thread title is really poor.

First off, in the games I have seen this year, Cousins has been terrible.

Secondly, the choice will simply not be pass on Luck with the first pick so we can get Cousins with the 1st pick in round 6.

Third, there is a widely held belief among those in the know that Luck is the most NFL ready QB since PM. Forgive me if I chose to believe them over you.

Lastly, your thread title is really poor.

Actually those "experts" of yours said leaf was the most nfl ready at that time.And then carr,couch,klingler and so on.Get my point?They're usually...wrong.We don't need luck...now.We have manning...now and kirk is just the type of player we need...in 4 years.

Actually those "experts" of yours said leaf was the most nfl ready at that time.And then carr,couch,klingler and so on.Get my point?They're usually...wrong.We don't need luck...now.We have manning...now and kirk is just the type of player we need...in 4 years.

uhh no. No one, not even Klingler's mother said that about him. They did not say it about Carr, Leaf, or Couch either. No one said that.

Now if your point is the high picks can turn out to be busts, well then yes, you are correct about that. But no one ever said that those guys were once a decade type of player, which is exactly what is being said about Luck. Don't invent stuff to suite your argument.

Is Cousins your brother? Do you go to MSU now? Looking for something that makes this nonsense more understandable.

uhh no. No one, not even Klingler's mother said that about him. They did not say it about Carr, Leaf, or Couch either. No one said that.

Now if your point is the high picks can turn out to be busts, well then yes, you are correct about that. But no one ever said that those guys were once a decade type of player, which is exactly what is being said about Luck. Don't invent stuff to suite your argument.

You merely said "the most nfl ready".You mentioned nothing about "decade type player".And 'yes',they did say that about leaf over manning.

You merely said "the most nfl ready".You mentioned nothing about "decade type player".And 'yes',they did say that about leaf over manning.

Sorry Kid - your point is not very good or very-well made.

And BTW, have you not heard the comments about Luck?

Edited by jskinnz

Mods, move this to the NFL draft section, please.

Cousins is much harder to evaluate coming from MSU that runs the ball and plays D more than it throws. It is easier to evaluate a guy like Landry Jones or RGIII or Tannehill, to be honest whose offense make no bones about passing the ball way more times.

Besides, with more NFL teams trending towards 4 WR formations, spread QBs that were looked at as misfits are not that much a misfit as before, so I expect that to make teams re-evaluate RGIII and Tannehill as projects.

It is a long season, then we have the bowl games, then the Senior Bowl, then the combine etc. to evaluate all these QBs. As it stands now, scouts have Luck and Landry Jones rated higher than everyone else. We will see if things change later. We all remember how highly Colt Brennan was perceived, then came the throwing drills at the Senior Bowl, and then the combine, and things went south for him.

To be honest, I would like to see one of those spread QBs like RGIII and Tannehill go against SEC teams in some bowl games to have a good evaluation, same with Luck and Cousins as well. If MSU does not win the Big Ten over Wisconsin, it may go to the Rose Bowl while Wisconsin plays a BCS bowl.

Edited by chad72

Mods, move this to the NFL draft section, please.

Cousins is much harder to evaluate coming from MSU that runs the ball and plays D more than it throws. It is easier to evaluate a guy like Landry Jones or RGIII or Tannehill, to be honest whose offense make no bones about passing the ball way more times.

Besides, with more NFL teams trending towards 4 WR formations, spread QBs that were looked at as misfits are not that much a misfit as before, so I expect that to make teams re-evaluate RGIII and Tannehill as projects.

It is a long season, then we have the bowl games, then the Senior Bowl, then the combine etc. to evaluate all these QBs. As it stands now, scouts have Luck and Landry Jones rated higher than everyone else. We will see if things change later. We all remember how highly Colt Brennan was perceived, then came the throwing drills at the Senior Bowl, and then the combine, and things went south for him.

To be honest, I would like to see one of those spread QBs like RGIII and Tannehill go against SEC teams in some bowl games to have a good evaluation, same with Luck and Cousins as well. If MSU does not win the Big Ten over Wisconsin, it may go to the Rose Bowl while Wisconsin plays a BCS bowl.

I posted it here by mistake.My apologies....

Someone tweet Irsay.

I guess we should fire Polian and hire "CurtisTheKid".

Sheesh. He's a legend in his own mind.

Someone tweet Irsay.

I guess we should fire Polian and hire "CurtisTheKid".

Sheesh. He's a legend in his own mind.

Done. Irsay said that paperwork is already in the tubes and quoted Dylan's "The Times Are A-Changing".

Or maybe he was describing eating diner... With Irsay you just never can tell..

Do you have a brother named JIM ?

Yeah.... No.

But, as Jskinnz has helped us see already, this IS NOT debatable. Opine differently than the OP, and you're wrong.

In this brave, new world Cousins<Luck. There's nothing we can do but attempt to survive the best we can... It's like our own real life Terra Nova!

Yawn...

You're boring squid....

Go resume playing WWC.

Shanny is going to want him...for sure.And daniel will do it at all cost.So,it will be colts x-mas.

I would LOVE to see the Colts get the 1st overall pick and trade it for a king's ransom to either Cleveland or Washington.

Washington is the more likely desination. My question is, what do you think we could get back? I would like to see us bring in SS LaRon Landry as part of the deal so we would have a dominant S tandem once again! Maybe their 1st, 2nd, 2013 1st, and Landry for our 1st, and maybe we throw in Regge Wayne for the kicker.

I would LOVE to see the Colts get the 1st overall pick and trade it for a king's ransom to either Cleveland or Washington.

Washington is the more likely desination. My question is, what do you think we could get back? I would like to see us bring in SS LaRon Landry as part of the deal so we would have a dominant S tandem once again! Maybe their 1st, 2nd, 2013 1st, and Landry for our 1st, and maybe we throw in Regge Wayne for the kicker.

How about kerrigan,if mathis isn't resigned?And i think 2 first round picks and 2 second rounders sounds about right to me.I wouldn't be surprised if we could get even more than that!

This has to be right up there with one of the worst idea's ever suggested..... EVER!!! Out of all the QB's in this draft, Cousins would be about the last one that should be picked(if he gets picked at all). The guy is horrible and makes horrible decisions. Really makes me wonder if the OP has any clue what so ever about football. espesially with the mod edit comparisons to Leaf, yet again. I've said before that anybody that makes that comparison automatically should be ignored and considered football clueless, and this thread proves my point.

Edited by shecolt

OP you gotta realize that the hype around Luck isn't the usual hype. Scouts have been saying that the kid has NO holes in his game and is very athletic and fast too. He even tackles well if he has to.

You just can't pass on someone like that. Draft him and trade him later if the Colts don't have use for him.

OP you gotta realize that the hype around Luck isn't the usual hype. Scouts have been saying that the kid has NO holes in his game and is very athletic and fast too. He even tackles well if he has to.

You just can't pass on someone like that. Draft him and trade him later if the Colts don't have use for him.

Thats my take on it.

IF we get the chance and Painter doesn't turn into a world-beater. haha

This has to be right up there with one of the worst idea's ever suggested..... EVER!!! Out of all the QB's in this draft, Cousins would be about the last one that should be picked(if he gets picked at all). The guy is horrible and makes horrible decisions. Really makes me wonder if the OP has any clue what so ever about football. espesially with the mod edit comparisons to Leaf, yet again. I've said before that anybody that makes that comparison automatically should be ignored and considered football clueless, and this thread proves my point.

Can you please refrain FROM making personal attacks,just because we simply don't agree about LUCK?And no KIRK isn't horrible or a loser.I think his stats,wins,leadership ability and cp% proves you wrong.His stats are similiar to TB coming out of michigan.How did that turn out for the pats?

Russel Wilson anyone?

I just have a hard time buying into the Big Ten QBs given the schedules they have faced so far, same thing with the Big East as well (at least recently). Cincinnati had that one great year under Brian Kelly, this and that, and once they played the Gators, Tony Pike and everyone else looked slow in the Sugar Bowl and outmatches, including the Colts Ricardo Mathews that we got from Cincinnati for the D-line. When you have such speed coming at you as a QB, that helps one evaluate the QB better. Till then, it is mostly conjecture. Why doesn't the Big Ten have more games vs the Big 12 or SEC?

Edited by chad72