Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How to improve DHB route running, and catching

Rian Huff

I read down before I posted. I am glad I did NewEra. This is spot on.

In addition to 'lazy route running,' he also needs to a better job getting off of the ball. There is no reason a guy at his size should have a problem with press coverage...but he does big-time.

He worked the jugs machine HARD in preseason, and like Reggie was catching with his hands....some guys just cannot translate it to the game. It appears to be the case here, and I have been someone who has not given up on him.

I agree there is zero doubt he will be picked up by and NFL team next year. We have a minimum of 8 more games to play. He might have a good second half....he may not. He is what we have for now, and we should root him on. I know I will until he is no longer a Colt!!! :blueshoe::blueshoe::blueshoe: !!!

I agree! I'm still rooting for him he just makes it hard sometimes. I played wr, rb and cb in high school and could never use my body cause it darn near would knock the wind out of me if it hit right. Looks like years of bad habits is hard to break in however many months he's been here. Practice is one thing but in the game instincts and habits take over. That's why you are supposed to always practice like you play.

As long as he wears the shoe I will continue to root for him. But I do know he needs work!

dont forget the head whip on routes u cant catch what u cant see have to get his head around faster

Yeah if you wath a lot of good route runners like Wayne, Marv even Wes welker they use their head a lot. And you should run your route, turn your head and play like the ball is coming to you every down.

He just needs to stop using his body to catch and improve his route running. He might be lazy with route running cause he thinks he can just beat people with speed. Not working! The catching with the body is the biggest issue. Harder to catch the passes good to great receivers make if you don't stretch out and make a play. When and if he's using the jug machine I wonder if he does that crap also.

If I were his position coach full practices would be him and the JUGS machine.  And I agree with you on the route running.  Most of the faster WR tend to not run near as good routes as the 4.5 guys.  If the just realized that running a perfect route with their speed will get them open way more.

Ok since I have come out hard on him after this past game and have called for him to cut or at the very least, benched. So my question is why do you not want us to give up on him yet? What makes him warrant a spot on the team?

honestly to a point i think he can improve...i know hes had 5 yrs to do it but he was with the raiders and their offense was a joke for those years, and only one with us, i understand that his stats are saying he doesnt deserve the #2 spot and i would agree to a point but for us to cut him completey i think he can make him something.  i know he doesnt look good now but i think another year with him at least til next preseason to see if hes gotten better

honestly to a point i think he can improve...i know hes had 5 yrs to do it but he was with the raiders and their offense was a joke for those years, and only one with us, i understand that his stats are saying he doesnt deserve the #2 spot and i would agree to a point but for us to cut him completey i think he can make him something.  i know he doesnt look good now but i think another year with him at least til next preseason to see if hes gotten better

Anything is possible however, 5 years in the league and he is plagued with the same problems 9 games in to our season, I'd say chances are slim to none of him correcting that ssue of drops. If he didn't have that 1st rd pick title and have his measurables, he would have been cut years back and never been heard of again. He is not special except for a stop watch.

No Comment

:peek:

LOL TK24! You were among the 1st on the Forum to express your reservations about DHB & his failure to catch anything. Should I call you INDY Nostradamus now? If DHB doesn't pan out, SW1 plans to give you full credit.  :worthy:

Denial, it's not just a river in Egypt.

I love that saying ColtsLegacy. Apparently, he isn't a Buddhist or Hindu either because DHB has not reincarnated into a clutch WR yet...Alas, so it shall always be I'm afraid...

Andrew Luck can teach DHB soccer.  When he drops the ball, he can use his feet to kick the ball back up to his hands until he catches it.  

Actually in a weird sort of way that makes perfect sense LockeDown. Teach DHB to be a goalie in both Soccer & Hockey. If that doesn't improve hand/eye coordination nothing will. Okay, you don't really catch the puck in hockey that's true, but DHB needs all the practice tracking a foreign object in midair he can get right? 

This is his 5th year in the NFL, if he was going to improve he would've done it by now. 

Nailed it................................................  Was hoping for the best but thus far has been lack luster. 

T.Y. is only in his second year, is exponentially better.  No comparison between the two.  I'm not sure how much confidence Luck has in DHB.  He does have some games left to step up and prove himself but I wouldn't put $ on it. 

Still pulling for ya however DHB!!!!!!!!!!

It would ironic if DHB had 3 TDs tomorrow night wouldn't it? Usually, when SW1 is about to give up on a WR he has a monster, earth shattering game. That is how my predictions normally work. If I was a WallStreet investor, do the opposite of what I recommend & you'll probably make a fortune like a lucky rabbit's foot in reverse.  :lol:  :funny:  lmao

LOL TK24! You were among the 1st on the Forum to express your reservations about DHB & his failure to catch anything. Should I call you INDY Nostradamus now? If DHB doesn't pan out, SW1 plans to give you full credit. :worthy:

Way ahead of you SW. Yesterday I went way back into the dark abyss of the forums & find the threads where we first signed DHB. Got my quotes & a few quotes of yours. Like I said if he works out, he'll receive my apology. If not, I was right all along

Frankly, I dont know how the guy made his college team. Id never heard of DHB before he was signed with the Colts  (I dont follow the rosters of every team believe it or not) But from the first preseason game or whenever I first saw this guy, he was dropping balls left and right. And Ive been griping about him this whole season. How can a WR get to the NFL that drops so many passes???

Frankly, I dont know how the guy made his college team. Id never heard of DHB before he was signed with the Colts (I dont follow the rosters of every team believe it or not) But from the first preseason game or whenever I first saw this guy, he was dropping balls left and right. And Ive been griping about him this whole season. How can a WR get to the NFL that drops so many passes???

You'd never heard of DHB before he was signed here? Not a big draft guy huh?

In short, he was projected as a 2nd round pick (maybe 3rd depending on who you asked) based purely off of potential and then raiders owner Al davis famously drafted him #7 overall before Michael Crabtree.

You'd never heard of DHB before he was signed here? Not a big draft guy huh?

In short, he was projected as a 2nd round pick (maybe 3rd depending on who you asked) based purely off of potential and then raiders owner Al davis famously drafted him #7 overall before Michael Crabtree.

No Im not, I dont watch college football. In any given draft I might have heard of the top 3 or 4 guys, thats it. So  anyone in the 2nd round is certainly not on my radar